ImageImageImage

Thomas Bryant should be on our radar

Moderators: Texas Chuck, Dirk, HMFFL

User avatar
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 47,824
And1: 6,689
Joined: Mar 10, 2004

Thomas Bryant should be on our radar 

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:15 am

Tore his ACL with Washington and he's been one of the only promising things the Lakers have experienced this season.

I'd like for us to pursue him this off-season.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Maverick41
Starter
Posts: 2,281
And1: 1,285
Joined: Dec 26, 2009
 

Re: Thomas Bryant should be on our radar 

Post#2 » by Maverick41 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:36 am

He should have been on our radar last off-season but for some reason our radar was totally locked on Javale McGee of all people.
Mavrelous
General Manager
Posts: 8,279
And1: 4,975
Joined: Aug 20, 2020

Re: Thomas Bryant should be on our radar 

Post#3 » by Mavrelous » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:51 am

He's a horrible defensive player, but very talented scorer.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
User avatar
41Dirk41
Veteran
Posts: 2,952
And1: 767
Joined: Mar 26, 2021
     

Re: Thomas Bryant should be on our radar 

Post#4 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:01 am

HMFFL wrote:Tore his ACL with Washington and he's been one of the only promising things the Lakers have experienced this season.

I'd like for us to pursue him this off-season.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app


I don't think it's a good idea... But i didn't see him too much.
daoneandonly wrote:Agreed, not worth it at all. Just take the best of Bamba/Bagley/JJJ and call it a day, no reason to sacrifice next year's pick.


daoneandonly wrote:No way Lauri has a piss poor attitude and cant defend anyone, I wouldnt touch him, let alone give up maxi for him
daoneandonly
RealGM
Posts: 11,654
And1: 2,197
Joined: May 27, 2004
Location: Masalaland
 

Re: Thomas Bryant should be on our radar 

Post#5 » by daoneandonly » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:59 pm

If Nico had a shred of basketball and cap knowledge, he would have played hardball with Wiz last year and insited on Bryant/fillers or Harrell instead of the turnstile cant play a lick of basketball Bertans.
User avatar
41Dirk41
Veteran
Posts: 2,952
And1: 767
Joined: Mar 26, 2021
     

Re: Thomas Bryant should be on our radar 

Post#6 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:25 pm

daoneandonly wrote:If Nico had a shred of basketball and cap knowledge, he would have played hardball with Wiz last year and insited on Bryant/fillers or Harrell instead of the turnstile cant play a lick of basketball Bertans.


Man, those are strong words from a guy who would not have drafted Luka, would not have traded Maxi for Markaneen and would have traded Green just 10days ago :lol:
daoneandonly wrote:Agreed, not worth it at all. Just take the best of Bamba/Bagley/JJJ and call it a day, no reason to sacrifice next year's pick.


daoneandonly wrote:No way Lauri has a piss poor attitude and cant defend anyone, I wouldnt touch him, let alone give up maxi for him
Darren
RealGM
Posts: 12,856
And1: 734
Joined: Nov 06, 2003

Re: Thomas Bryant should be on our radar 

Post#7 » by Darren » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:03 pm

Mo Bamba could be had.
User avatar
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 47,824
And1: 6,689
Joined: Mar 10, 2004

Re: Thomas Bryant should be on our radar 

Post#8 » by HMFFL » Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:03 am

Darren wrote:Mo Bamba could be had.
He's an interesting case that doesn't seem to be a good fit for Orlando. He's the misfit.

I wonder what type of return Orlando would ask for?

$10.3 million is his current salary and next seasons.

2023-24: non-guaranteed, fully guaranteed on 6/29/23



Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Maverick41
Starter
Posts: 2,281
And1: 1,285
Joined: Dec 26, 2009
 

Re: Thomas Bryant should be on our radar 

Post#9 » by Maverick41 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:59 am

HMFFL wrote:
Darren wrote:Mo Bamba could be had.
He's an interesting case that doesn't seem to be a good fit for Orlando. He's the misfit.

I wonder what type of return Orlando would ask for?

$10.3 million is his current salary and next seasons.

2023-24: non-guaranteed, fully guaranteed on 6/29/23


3 way trade. Bamba to DAL. Bullock to NY. Reddish to ORL.

DAL kicks the tires on Bamba and hope a winning environment motivates him. Low cost, potential high reward. Also forces Kidd to play Josh Green and maybe even Hardy more.

NY gets the guy they want back for a guy they don't want.

ORL trades 1 of their way too many big men and get a guy in a position of need that they can perhaps rehabilitate like they did with Bol.
arkuo
Head Coach
Posts: 7,272
And1: 1,316
Joined: Jun 16, 2004

Re: Thomas Bryant should be on our radar 

Post#10 » by arkuo » Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:23 am

Thomas Bryant doesn't play defense but can shoot an occassional 3. He's like a black Dwight Powell.
User avatar
41Dirk41
Veteran
Posts: 2,952
And1: 767
Joined: Mar 26, 2021
     

Re: Thomas Bryant should be on our radar 

Post#11 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:32 am

arkuo wrote:Thomas Bryant doesn't play defense but can shoot an occassional 3. He's like a black Dwight Powell.


I don't touch him or Bamba honestly, in the PO they can't play probably... We need another type of C.

But for cheap we can make a try, at least they are young.
daoneandonly wrote:Agreed, not worth it at all. Just take the best of Bamba/Bagley/JJJ and call it a day, no reason to sacrifice next year's pick.


daoneandonly wrote:No way Lauri has a piss poor attitude and cant defend anyone, I wouldnt touch him, let alone give up maxi for him
Darren
RealGM
Posts: 12,856
And1: 734
Joined: Nov 06, 2003

Re: Thomas Bryant should be on our radar 

Post#12 » by Darren » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:02 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
arkuo wrote:Thomas Bryant doesn't play defense but can shoot an occassional 3. He's like a black Dwight Powell.


I don't touch him or Bamba honestly, in the PO they can't play probably... We need another type of C.

But for cheap we can make a try, at least they are young.


Bamba averages 15 points, 10 rebounds, 2 blocks shooting 56% & 39% for 2 & 3 respectively. With a poor frontcourt rotation, Mo definitely gets minutes and production. If Mo is unplayable, so is most bigs on Mavs roster. It's still a nice piece to have.
User avatar
41Dirk41
Veteran
Posts: 2,952
And1: 767
Joined: Mar 26, 2021
     

Re: Thomas Bryant should be on our radar 

Post#13 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:12 pm

Darren wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
arkuo wrote:Thomas Bryant doesn't play defense but can shoot an occassional 3. He's like a black Dwight Powell.


I don't touch him or Bamba honestly, in the PO they can't play probably... We need another type of C.

But for cheap we can make a try, at least they are young.


Bamba averages 15 points, 10 rebounds, 2 blocks shooting 56% & 39% for 2 & 3 respectively. With a poor frontcourt rotation, Mo definitely gets minutes and production. If Mo is unplayable, so is most bigs on Mavs roster. It's still a nice piece to have.


What??? He is a 7+4 guy who barely plays 20minutes in the freakin Orlando Magic :lol:
daoneandonly wrote:Agreed, not worth it at all. Just take the best of Bamba/Bagley/JJJ and call it a day, no reason to sacrifice next year's pick.


daoneandonly wrote:No way Lauri has a piss poor attitude and cant defend anyone, I wouldnt touch him, let alone give up maxi for him
User avatar
41Dirk41
Veteran
Posts: 2,952
And1: 767
Joined: Mar 26, 2021
     

Re: Thomas Bryant should be on our radar 

Post#14 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:22 pm

Oh i understand, you mean per 36minutes... Well in that stat Boban averages 25+15 in all of his career...
daoneandonly wrote:Agreed, not worth it at all. Just take the best of Bamba/Bagley/JJJ and call it a day, no reason to sacrifice next year's pick.


daoneandonly wrote:No way Lauri has a piss poor attitude and cant defend anyone, I wouldnt touch him, let alone give up maxi for him
daoneandonly
RealGM
Posts: 11,654
And1: 2,197
Joined: May 27, 2004
Location: Masalaland
 

Re: Thomas Bryant should be on our radar 

Post#15 » by daoneandonly » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:29 pm

I keep getting these notifications that some minion quoted me, but can't see it. Says the racist guy who only likes blonde whites is ignored.

Thank you realgm!
SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,673
And1: 237
Joined: Feb 11, 2013

Re: Thomas Bryant should be on our radar 

Post#16 » by SOUNDCHASER » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:41 am

a big body that can bang in the middle would deter a lot of guys who want to attack the rim. We have our small ball center now we need the other kind for match up purposes and defensive prowess. Another undersized 5 is worthless to add and we can do without that.
User avatar
dirkdiggler4177
Senior
Posts: 592
And1: 706
Joined: Aug 03, 2021
 

Re: Thomas Bryant should be on our radar 

Post#17 » by dirkdiggler4177 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:21 pm

He is a terrible defender, but his stats look nice. The Mavs need to build around defense + 3 point shooting. That's it. Don't bring in a big man who doesn't rotate. block shots or defense the 3-point line.
User avatar
dirkdiggler4177
Senior
Posts: 592
And1: 706
Joined: Aug 03, 2021
 

Re: Thomas Bryant should be on our radar 

Post#18 » by dirkdiggler4177 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:22 pm

By the way, I posted this thread on Mo Bamba in the Magic forum. He basically sucks, is lazy, and is not aware. It's like McGee who got great numbers, but then you watch him.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2191791
User avatar
41Dirk41
Veteran
Posts: 2,952
And1: 767
Joined: Mar 26, 2021
     

Re: Thomas Bryant should be on our radar 

Post#19 » by 41Dirk41 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:50 pm

dirkdiggler4177 wrote:By the way, I posted this thread on Mo Bamba in the Magic forum. He basically sucks, is lazy, and is not aware. It's like McGee who got great numbers, but then you watch him.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2191791


A 24yo finished at the end of the Orlando Magic bench isn't a good sign :lol:

But the expert daoneandmoron spoken years ago :

daoneandonly wrote:
Mine would be

1. DeAndre Ayton
2. Jaren Jackson Jr
3. Marvin Bagley
4. Mo Bamba
5. Michael Porter Jr
6. Wendall Carter
7. Luka Doncic
daoneandonly wrote:Agreed, not worth it at all. Just take the best of Bamba/Bagley/JJJ and call it a day, no reason to sacrifice next year's pick.


daoneandonly wrote:No way Lauri has a piss poor attitude and cant defend anyone, I wouldnt touch him, let alone give up maxi for him
daoneandonly
RealGM
Posts: 11,654
And1: 2,197
Joined: May 27, 2004
Location: Masalaland
 

Re: Thomas Bryant should be on our radar 

Post#20 » by daoneandonly » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:20 pm

41Dirk41, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
Display this post.

You can keep quoting me all you want. I don't see it nor do I care to. I'm free of you on this board and the feeling is magical.

I encourage my fellow posters, especially the true Mav fans like ejs and Apz, join me in doing the same. It will change your realgm experience forever

Return to Dallas Mavericks