'It's cool,' but Mavs are a bit hot about an All-Star snub

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,780

'It's cool,' but Mavs are a bit hot about an All-Star snub 

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Sat Feb 2, 2008 1:42 am

Dirk Nowitzki will be an All-Star for the seventh consecutive year, but like last year, Josh Howard will need an injury to make his second appearance.

The All-Stars reserves, who were selected by the coaches in the respective conferences, were released before the Celtics-Mavericks game Thursday and Howard was not selected.

"It's cool," said Howard, who wasn't acting like it was cool at all. "The same people go every year. I don't know what else to do or say. You've got to average 40 points a game. A player that shows steady improvement [is ignored]. Football changes up, baseball changes up. But like I say, it's cool."

Link
JES12
RealGM
And1: 125

Post#2 » by JES12 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 1:44 am

LOL. Maybe they could allow Howard to play in the 1st half of the all star game and Dirk in the 2nd half.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 872

Re: 'It's cool,' but Mavs are a bit hot about an All-Star sn 

Post#3 » by Darren » Sat Feb 2, 2008 1:47 am

HMFFL wrote:
Dirk Nowitzki will be an All-Star for the seventh consecutive year, but like last year, Josh Howard will need an injury to make his second appearance.

The All-Stars reserves, who were selected by the coaches in the respective conferences, were released before the Celtics-Mavericks game Thursday and Howard was not selected.

"It's cool," said Howard, who wasn't acting like it was cool at all. "The same people go every year. I don't know what else to do or say. You've got to average 40 points a game. A player that shows steady improvement [is ignored]. Football changes up, baseball changes up. But like I say, it's cool."

Link

OK, Josh. Gets your 40 points game please. Or makes some clutch plays to keep the league to aware of you - an all-star level player who take over the game when needed.
ppp000
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#4 » by ppp000 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 2:20 am

The day Josh plays the 2nd half of the game, then he gets to complain.
JHo&T.O.FaSho
Banned User

Post#5 » by JHo&T.O.FaSho » Sat Feb 2, 2008 3:33 am

Josh deserved to be on the team hoping for an injury and Brandon Roy over Baron Davis.. all love for Roy but hell no.
Teddy KGB
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#6 » by Teddy KGB » Sat Feb 2, 2008 8:25 am

wtff josh shoulda been in seriously he is averaging 21/7.5/2 is that really not good enough for you guys?
Formerly ss_maverick, JHos Hydro
JES12
RealGM
And1: 125

Post#7 » by JES12 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 8:36 am

The other 3 forward reserves are Boozer, West & Dirk.
The other 3 reserve guards are Roy, Paul, Nash

Statistically, all of those are at or better than Howard.

Defensivley, I would pick Marion over Howard. I would even pick Aldridge over Howard.

I don't really agree with Howard being "snubbed." If Howard wants to pout, that's up to him, but honestly, I really don't care about the all-star game and WAY more concerned with Howard's play in the 2nd half than his play in the all-star game.
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,925

Post#8 » by dirkforpres » Sun Feb 3, 2008 2:29 am

Josh is having a career year, unfortunately, a lot of other players are too. And this year, the popularity contest voting wasnt shown AS much, as Shaq and TMac did not make the roster.
realfung
Assistant Coach
And1: 44

Post#9 » by realfung » Sun Feb 3, 2008 7:41 am

BD is snubbed.
Maf
Starter
And1: 882

Post#10 » by Maf » Sun Feb 3, 2008 2:20 pm

he plays good this season. But not enough... Davis and probably Camby, they can complain much more.

And need to be mentioned. I'm not much of a fan of ASG, but this exhibition doesn't need any Josh Howards. He's great, he's big part of good Mavericks team. His play is boring for exhibition.
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
Deus
Veteran
And1: 149

Re: 'It's cool,' but Mavs are a bit hot about an All-Star sn 

Post#11 » by Deus » Mon Feb 4, 2008 2:52 pm

Its style over substance in the NBA. How is it that Chris Paul and David West make the team and the reason is because their team is #1 but at the same time Anthony and Iverson make it but the Mavs have a better record than the Nuggets?

Total b.s.
JapanAir21
Junior

Post#12 » by JapanAir21 » Mon Feb 4, 2008 3:55 pm

The biggest snub of all hasn't been named, Hedo Turkoglu, this dude has done it all this season and it's still not enough.
JHo&T.O.FaSho
Banned User

Post#13 » by JHo&T.O.FaSho » Wed Feb 6, 2008 3:41 am

^Can't believe they pay a guy 118 million to not even have better numbers than Hedo.. Rashard will always be a Iggy type guy.. Ray Allen type sidekick.. he Hedo sidekick now.

Return to Dallas Mavericks