Teffer10 wrote:My take on the first two games:
1. Our lack of strength in the frontcourt will be a problem as teams figure out to get physical with us early.
Adams and Drummond owned the paint against us.
2. Lack of athleticism in our SL and main rotation. Powell and DFS are about it. Wright, THJ and Maxi are athletic but I see a lack of aggression in their athletic game.
3. Wright is a complete disappointment thus far. It's early but so far he looks lost. Reaves looks better than Wright to me so far.
4. Curry seems to have a lack of interest. It is preseason so I'll give him a pass. He has to be more involved in the offense for us to any chance at the POs.
5. Brunson will be a very solid backup PG and might work his way into the SL if others don't pick it up a little.
6. KP and Luka are legit stars and will need more help. The drop off of talent level from them to the next guy is much too big.
7. THJ is showing some signs of being that 3rd option guy and I'd still love to see him in the SL. We need to see if he can elevate to a Fin role and the best way to do that is playing him predominantly with starters. He needs to be consistent.
8. We need some attitude on this team. Give me a Stack, NVE or DeShawn Stevenson clone and I'll be happy.
9. Boban is just plain too slow for this team. Mejri was a better fit imo even though Boban is a better player.
10. Jackson and DFS are not starting material. Jackson showed signs the first game but didn't seem to mesh well with Luka and KP for some reason. We need to find a defensive wing who can shoot the 3. Jackson can shoot the 3 but doesn't look anywhere near an elite defender. DFS's overall game is barely good enough to make the roster of a PO caliber team.
What gives you the impression kp is a star? He's been grossly inefficient and all he's done is brick 3s thus far