ImageImageImage

Season Record total wins will be?

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man
And1: 279

Season Record total wins will be? 

Post#1 » by SOUNDCHASER » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:31 am

I think 49 is very possible if we get lucky enough or if some of the teams we face get hit with an injury in a timely manner then we can do a little better and sneak in with 50 wins or maybe a few more games go our way. Rebounding looked good tonight in LA as we used our size advantage and took care of business.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Re: Season Record total wins will be? 

Post#2 » by ejs78 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:33 am

39 to 42 is my range.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,564

Post#3 » by jpengland » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:58 am

A lot depends on KP staying healthy.

But if have us in the 40 - 49 win range based on reasonable health. This is a high floor team with two great talents, hardworking role players and Carlisle coaching.
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,827

Post#4 » by dirkforpres » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:39 pm

41-45 wins, the potential for more is there though taking health/growth/chemistry/trades into account
FIRE JASON KIDD
bran muffin
Starter
And1: 3,441

Post#5 » by bran muffin » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:52 pm

40-45 wins if KP plays 65-70 games.
2011Champs
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#6 » by 2011Champs » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:07 pm

I’m reluctantly going with 32 wins.
We have lots of players on a 10th-12th man level and not enough starter level talent. I’m not sold on this team’s depth or talent level behind Luka and Porzingis.

I want so badly to honestly say 42-50 wins but that would be a very homer prediction.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,984

Post#7 » by Apz » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:20 pm

45, misses the playoff but its looking good, winning the lottery and are ready to go next season. I hope I am wrong and we get to the playoff, but KP not playing back to backs will cost us wins and we are not deep enough to win against most west teams without him
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#8 » by Pinkyring » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:18 am

38-41 hopefully low 30s so we can get a quality pick, we are 2 pieces away from contender, sounds like a lot but we need a star and a quality role player
deb
Senior
And1: 455

Post#9 » by deb » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:02 am

This team before the KP trade had a record of 24-28. That was on pace for 38 wins season. After the trade, they had a record of 9-21, that's on pace for 25 wins over a whole season. They added KP and some role players, i expect the team to improve by 10-15 wins this year. That's improve on after the KP trade record. So I expect 35-40 wins this year.
jpengland
Head Coach

Post#10 » by jpengland » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:06 am

Pinkyring wrote:38-41 hopefully low 30s so we can get a quality pick, we are 2 pieces away from contender, sounds like a lot but we need a star and a quality role player

Hopefully low 30s?

Christ. Colours shown.
Pinkyring
RealGM

Post#11 » by Pinkyring » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:33 pm

jpengland wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:38-41 hopefully low 30s so we can get a quality pick, we are 2 pieces away from contender, sounds like a lot but we need a star and a quality role player

Hopefully low 30s?

Christ. Colours shown.

Its pretty obvious we aren't a playoff team so why win 39 games when we can win 32 and improve our draft position, that's just stupid.
jpengland
Head Coach

Post#12 » by jpengland » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:08 pm

Pinkyring wrote:
jpengland wrote:

Hopefully low 30s?

Christ. Colours shown.

Its pretty obvious we aren't a playoff team so why win 39 games when we can win 32 and improve our draft position, that's just stupid.

Because we have two young stars who need to win games to both keep them happy and begin a winning culture?

Also, if those two perform and Carlisle can get the best out of the role players then this is absoloutely a playoff team.

We have had enough losing. We have our 1st and 2nd guys. Let's win games.
dirkforpres
RealGM

Post#13 » by dirkforpres » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:18 pm

Pinkyring wrote:
jpengland wrote:

Hopefully low 30s?

Christ. Colours shown.

Ask the Knicks and Suns how that’s working out for them.

Establishing a losing culture year in and year out is the fastest way to have Luka leave when the time comes. It has to stop sometime, and this year should be the year with a weak draft class. Set yourself up to win, save money for next year, and go all out on Giannis
FIRE JASON KIDD
Pinkyring
RealGM

Post#14 » by Pinkyring » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:31 pm

dirkforpres wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:
jpengland wrote:Hopefully low 30s?

Christ. Colours shown.

Establishing a losing culture year in and year out is the fastest way to have Luka leave when the time comes. It has to stop sometime, and this year should be the year with a weak draft class. Set yourself up to win, save money for next year, and go all out on Giannis

Who said establish a losing cultural, whether we win 32 or 40 games its still a losing season and a non playoff so there's no difference
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#15 » by ejs78 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:40 pm

Can't compare the Knicks and Suns to the Mavs or most franchises

They both have terrible owners, FOs, and a constant coaching carousel.

dirkforpres wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:
jpengland wrote:Hopefully low 30s?

Christ. Colours shown.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
dirkforpres
RealGM

Post#16 » by dirkforpres » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:55 pm

Pinkyring wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:Its pretty obvious we aren't a playoff team so why win 39 games when we can win 32 and improve our draft position, that's just stupid.

Who said establish a losing cultural, whether we win 32 or 40 games its still a losing season and a non playoff so there's no difference

No, these guys need to learn how to win games. If we hover around .500 we can make a Lee trade to fight for the 8 spot. A fight for the playoffs goes much farther for the guys than another 9th pick in a weak draft would
FIRE JASON KIDD
Pinkyring
RealGM

Post#17 » by Pinkyring » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:42 pm

dirkforpres wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:

No, these guys need to learn how to win games. If we hover around .500 we can make a Lee trade to fight for the 8 spot. A fight for the playoffs goes much farther for the guys than another 9th pick in a weak draft would

Who wants lee? Nobody unless you're taking a longer bad contract and why is everyone so into the free agent game? We are never getting free agents with a euro centric roster especially not Giannis, why would he leave s supermax and contender to come here.... it's not logical. I'd love to be a playoff team personally but we aren't that, last years roster was better and that was a .500 group at best.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 826

Post#18 » by Darren » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:06 pm

If the Mavs play key players out of natural position (i.e. Zinger at 5; Luka at 1), the Mavs could possibly secure a high pick given what we saw from the 1st OKC preseason game. If the Mavs play key player at natural position (i.e. Zinger at 4; Luka at 3), the Mavs could be pretty competitive. We'll see how RC chooses in game 1.
jpengland
Head Coach

Post#19 » by jpengland » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:10 pm

Pinkyring wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:Its pretty obvious we aren't a playoff team so why win 39 games when we can win 32 and improve our draft position, that's just stupid.

We have two young players who could be top 20 in the league THIS year and a (whether you disagree or not) a coach widely belivved to be top 5 in the league.

And you want to tank? In October?

Seriously, why do you even support the Mavs?
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 847

Post#20 » by Teffer10 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:15 pm

2011Champs wrote:I’m reluctantly going with 32 wins.
We have lots of players on a 10th-12th man level and not enough starter level talent. I’m not sold on this team’s depth or talent level behind Luka and Porzingis.

I want so badly to honestly say 42-50 wins but that would be a very homer prediction.

Pretty much the same as I see it.
I'm also not too optimistic about KP staying healthy the entire season.

However I do think our arrow is pointing up and we'll get better most likely through some type of trade and as some of our youth develops.

Overall I'm optimistic about this team but realistically it will take some time. And when you have a superstar caliber player at age 20, and possibly another at 24, time is something we have.

Return to Dallas Mavericks