ImageImageImage

RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Heat (Tues. 8PM EST)

Moderators: Texas Chuck, Dirk, HMFFL

User avatar
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 8,508
And1: 25,755
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
     

RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Heat (Tues. 8PM EST) 

Post#1 » by Dirk » Mon May 3, 2021 1:30 pm

Play in. Here we come.

Things to look forward to
- Luka 15th Tech
- KP returns (?)
- Slovenians in the crowd

Image

Other games
Denver at LA Lakers
Portland at Atlanta
43/17/13
KhalilS
Rookie
Posts: 1,025
And1: 596
Joined: Aug 20, 2020

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Heat (Tues. 8PM EST) 

Post#2 » by KhalilS » Mon May 3, 2021 3:30 pm

Last time against the Heat


Also last time against the Heat
41Dirk41
Freshman
Posts: 80
And1: 22
Joined: Mar 26, 2021
     

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Heat (Tues. 8PM EST) 

Post#3 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue May 4, 2021 10:57 am

Beat the Heat. Forever.

We need a good 3points night...
Archx
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,009
And1: 3,466
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Heat (Tues. 8PM EST) 

Post#4 » by Archx » Tue May 4, 2021 4:17 pm

He said he won't get another tech. Which means no arguing with refs and more focus on the game? Now that will be interesting to monitor. Anytime he is really focused his game goes to another level.
User avatar
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 8,508
And1: 25,755
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
     

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Heat (Tues. 8PM EST) 

Post#5 » by Dirk » Tue May 4, 2021 6:37 pm

Surprising win by the Lakers.

Good night everywhere else.

L - POR SAS MEM

A win tonight would be huge.

Archx wrote:He said he won't get another tech. Which means no arguing with refs and more focus on the game? Now that will be interesting to monitor. Anytime he is really focused his game goes to another level.


Arguing with refs is like FT shooting. "He should be better", but he simply "can't"*. I think "he'll complain", but it won't be bad enough to get another technical.

But you never know... he smiles sarcastically to a ref... and the ref doesn't like it... and gives him a tech.
ImageImage

I'd say it's 55% chance he won't get a technical. And 45% he will.

If he gets the 15th, let's hope it's on a b2b.

*for now. You'd think he'll just steadily improve.
43/17/13
dirkforpres
RealGM
Posts: 10,156
And1: 4,941
Joined: Sep 13, 2005
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Heat (Tues. 8PM EST) 

Post#6 » by dirkforpres » Tue May 4, 2021 7:20 pm

There is a 0% chance Luka goes the rest of the season without getting another tech… but it’s some BS that neither one of the 2 he got in the last game got rescinded.

About tonight’s game… I don’t see any road map to Dallas out rebounding Bam or Achiuwa, especially if Maxi sits again… So as is the case with every Mavs game, they will either live by the 3 or die by the 3. Should know early on.
FIRE RICK CARLISLE
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
Posts: 13,062
And1: 8,303
Joined: Jun 15, 2008
Location: France
Contact:
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Heat (Tues. 8PM EST) 

Post#7 » by ducler » Tue May 4, 2021 9:02 pm

Read on Twitter
Image
Pinkyring
General Manager
Posts: 9,487
And1: 5,737
Joined: May 28, 2016

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Heat (Tues. 8PM EST) 

Post#8 » by Pinkyring » Wed May 5, 2021 1:06 am

If green develops his 3 hr csn be an awesome role player he has all the tools u can want defensively
Archx
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,009
And1: 3,466
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Heat (Tues. 8PM EST) 

Post#9 » by Archx » Wed May 5, 2021 1:10 am

Josh Green turned the flow of the game almost all by himself with his hustle and defense. If he can knock down open 3s, Jrich shouldn't see a single second of playtime anymore.
leolozon
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,764
And1: 5,364
Joined: Nov 08, 2009

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Heat (Tues. 8PM EST) 

Post#10 » by leolozon » Wed May 5, 2021 1:18 am

Archx wrote:Josh Green turned the flow of the game almost all by himself with his hustle and defense. If he can knock down open 3s, Jrich shouldn't see a single second of playtime anymore.


He's always off on the right. Shouldn't be too hard to adjust. I'm pretty sure that in every corner 3 that I've seen him shoot, the ball drifted right and hit the front of the rim. There must be something off with his release.

Nice "come back" by the Mavs a lot of TOs though. They haven't responded well to the heat pressure in the backcourt.

I was watching Luka's assists cause I hoped he would get to 1500 in the next 2, but it looks like it'll be 3 games. He needs 18. And then he has 5000/1500/1500. Pretty sure he'll be the 2nd fastest to get there (games played).
leolozon
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,764
And1: 5,364
Joined: Nov 08, 2009

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Heat (Tues. 8PM EST) 

Post#11 » by leolozon » Wed May 5, 2021 1:29 am

WTF some incredibly bad TOs by Doncic... 7 TOS, 2/5 from FT...

The last two passes he missed were a couple of feet off.

I hope he doesn't just fall in love with the 3 again. It could get ugly if he gets cold.
Archx
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,009
And1: 3,466
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Heat (Tues. 8PM EST) 

Post#12 » by Archx » Wed May 5, 2021 1:37 am

Green is making so many smart decisions tonight. What a game.
leolozon
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,764
And1: 5,364
Joined: Nov 08, 2009

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Heat (Tues. 8PM EST) 

Post#13 » by leolozon » Wed May 5, 2021 1:45 am

THJ on fire.

I just don't understand why the Mavs don't give a real chance to Green. How many times would the Mavs have needed his energy and hustle?

Doncic 1/5 in the 3rd after a great first half (1/3 FT).
Pinkyring
General Manager
Posts: 9,487
And1: 5,737
Joined: May 28, 2016

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Heat (Tues. 8PM EST) 

Post#14 » by Pinkyring » Wed May 5, 2021 2:03 am

Green has been fantastic and powell has played really well, the makeup of this team is solid if we replace Richardson with Conley or lowry this summer and figure out something with kp and maxi, we have a chance to be a contender. The bigs are our only major problem
Archx
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,009
And1: 3,466
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Heat (Tues. 8PM EST) 

Post#15 » by Archx » Wed May 5, 2021 2:10 am

So i guess you give yourself a chance to win if you don't shoot 17% from the 3pt line :D ... And at this point i believe KP was just a filler in THJ trade lol.
Pinkyring
General Manager
Posts: 9,487
And1: 5,737
Joined: May 28, 2016

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Heat (Tues. 8PM EST) 

Post#16 » by Pinkyring » Wed May 5, 2021 2:17 am

Mellie hss no business in the NBA or getting minutes, he does nothing well
ejs78
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,406
And1: 274
Joined: Jul 03, 2015
 

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Heat (Tues. 8PM EST) 

Post#17 » by ejs78 » Wed May 5, 2021 2:18 am

continues

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Golden Knight
Starter
Posts: 2,395
And1: 3,541
Joined: Feb 27, 2017
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Heat (Tues. 8PM EST) 

Post#18 » by Golden Knight » Wed May 5, 2021 2:21 am

THJ missed his last 3 or 4 attempts at 3. Could have broken the franchise record for most 3s in a game.

Tied at 10 with Wes Matthews and George McCloud
dirkforpres
RealGM
Posts: 10,156
And1: 4,941
Joined: Sep 13, 2005
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Heat (Tues. 8PM EST) 

Post#19 » by dirkforpres » Wed May 5, 2021 2:24 am

Hell of a win. Good to see Green get some minutes. The game changed completely when he went in
FIRE RICK CARLISLE
User avatar
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 43,612
And1: 4,195
Joined: Mar 10, 2004

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Heat (Tues. 8PM EST) 

Post#20 » by HMFFL » Wed May 5, 2021 3:07 am

Very good win.
Miami is off this season but still a challenge. Like us, they should have a productive off season.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Dallas Mavericks