ImageImageImage

Dallas Mavericks 2023/24 Trade thread

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

ACMFFL
Senior
And1: 570

Re: Dallas Mavericks 2023/24 Trade thread 

Post#1241 » by ACMFFL » Fri Feb 2, 2024 9:03 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:Btw trade multiple FRPs for trade back DFS could be the end of the circle for a ridiculous FO.

Definitely. Even 1 single but unprotected (or lightly protected) first round pick would be a massive overpay and silly mistake.
In my opinion he's worth 1 late FRP + expiring, nothing more.
"All dreams are crazy until they come true."
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,884

Post#1242 » by dirkforpres » Fri Feb 2, 2024 9:42 pm

ACMFFL wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:Btw trade multiple FRPs for trade back DFS could be the end of the circle for a ridiculous FO.

Definitely. Even 1 single but unprotected (or lightly protected) first round pick would be a massive overpay and silly mistake.

Hes not even worth that. If the Mavs give anything more than 2 SRPs and matching salary for him, then they are fools. I love DoDo but hes not anything more than a 25 min role player... If we are paying FRPs for a non all star, then Nico should be fired immediately and the potential post-Luka years are going to be even more grim than we could have imagined.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 4,024

Post#1243 » by tontoz » Fri Feb 2, 2024 10:03 pm

Wiz fan here. I think Kuzma would work well in Dallas. His big problem here is that he consistently tries to do too much with the ball. He has good skills but not good enough to take so many contested jumpers which has hurt his efficiency.

On a team like Dallas his usage will be lower so his shot selection will be much less of a problem.

He can defend well when he wants to. When he is going up against a star his effort level is high and he will frequently give them problems. Then at other times he will be indifferent.

One thing that has stood out here is that he definitely isn't afraid of taking big shots in the clutch. He's made a bunch of them.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,923

Post#1244 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 10:09 pm

tontoz wrote:Wiz fan here. I think Kuzma would work well in Dallas. His big problem here is that he consistently tries to do too much with the ball. He has good skills but not good enough to take so many contested jumpers which has hurt his efficiency.

On a team like Dallas his usage will be lower so his shot selection will be much less of a problem.

He can defend well when he wants to. When he is going up against a star his effort level is high and he will frequently give them problems. Then at other times he will be indifferent.

One thing that has stood out here is that he definitely isn't afraid of taking big shots in the clutch. He's made a bunch of them.

Welcome... You'll be confortable here, we have a lot of Wiz fans.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 4,024

Post#1245 » by tontoz » Fri Feb 2, 2024 10:25 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:

Welcome... You'll be confortable here, we have a lot of Wiz fans.

Thanks. I watch Dallas pretty frequently on LP. You guys sure hit a home run with Lively. What a perfect fit
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 876

Post#1246 » by Teffer10 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 12:58 pm

tontoz wrote:Wiz fan here. I think Kuzma would work well in Dallas. His big problem here is that he consistently tries to do too much with the ball. He has good skills but not good enough to take so many contested jumpers which has hurt his efficiency.

Sounds a lot like Josh Green.
He tries to do too much and often plays reckless because of it.
Teffer10
Head Coach

Post#1247 » by Teffer10 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 1:24 pm

I honestly hope we don't trade Prosper unless there is a legit star coming back in the deal.
I could see him being included in a Kuzma deal, but I still think the kid has great potential and will eventually be a great fit for this team.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#1248 » by 41Dirk41 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 2:51 pm

I really don't know what our FO thinks... Do they want to win now? Do they want to develop the kids? Do they just make random moves?
Teffer10
Head Coach

Post#1249 » by Teffer10 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 3:04 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:I really don't know what our FO thinks... Do they want to win now? Do they want to develop the kids? Do they just make random moves?

They want both which means they are half-assing this thing....again.

They draft Lively and Prosper, and then resign Kyrie which makes no sense.
With Kyrie's bull$hit injuries, it almost seems they should be seller's this week and and start thinking about the future.

My guess is they'll make the desperate move for DFS by giving up some of our youth and will think they are set to contend.
The most I would do is GWill for DFS.
Teffer10
Head Coach

Post#1250 » by Teffer10 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 3:18 pm

I would love to see this team get involved in a multi-team deal that sends Kyrie and others out and nets us Kuzma/Gafford/Bruce Brown.
JKiddy
Sixth Man
And1: 334

Post#1251 » by JKiddy » Sat Feb 3, 2024 4:14 pm

DFS is currently getting offered for 2 1st round picks. We do not know the possible position of those picks (different teams will obviously hold different picks).

What player would go back to BK if you were able to send 2 1sts and a player (and/or filler)? I am curious to see what could happen tomorrow.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#1252 » by 41Dirk41 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 4:17 pm

Teffer10 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:I really don't know what our FO thinks... Do they want to win now? Do they want to develop the kids? Do they just make random moves?

They want both which means they are half-assing this thing....again.

They draft Lively and Prosper, and then resign Kyrie which makes no sense.
With Kyrie's bull$hit injuries, it almost seems they should be seller's this week and and start thinking about the future.

My guess is they'll make the desperate move for DFS by giving up some of our youth and will think they are set to contend.
The most I would do is GWill for DFS.

That's the recipe to mediocrity... 0 planning. 0 basketball knowledge. 0 experience. 100% ego.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#1253 » by 41Dirk41 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 4:20 pm

JKiddy wrote:DFS is currently getting offered for 2 1st round picks. We do not know the possible position of those picks (different teams will obviously hold different picks).

What player would go back to BK if you were able to send 2 1sts and a player (and/or filler)? I am curious to see what could happen tomorrow.

I don't trust in those rumors, 4/5 teams own the 75% of total FRPs in the next drafts... And none of them need DFS.

bull. Smokescreen.
JKiddy
Sixth Man
And1: 334

Post#1254 » by JKiddy » Sat Feb 3, 2024 4:22 pm

But only 2 FRPs are not hard to come by by any team. If it was 4 then yeah we would have to call BS.
ACMFFL
Senior
And1: 570

Post#1255 » by ACMFFL » Sat Feb 3, 2024 4:44 pm

JKiddy wrote:But only 2 FRPs are not hard to come by by any team. If it was 4 then yeah we would have to call BS.

2 FRP for DoeDoe is posturing at his finest unless a team like OKC really loves DFS.
"All dreams are crazy until they come true."
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer
And1: 772

Post#1256 » by BliscoSantos » Sat Feb 3, 2024 6:23 pm

dirkforpres wrote:
ACMFFL wrote:

Hes not even worth that. If the Mavs give anything more than 2 SRPs and matching salary for him, then they are fools. I love DoDo but hes not anything more than a 25 min role player... If we are paying FRPs for a non all star, then Nico should be fired immediately and the potential post-Luka years are going to be even more grim than we could have imagined.

I agree...even if the Mavs give up a protected first, the onlyone remaining, its a bad move..Dodo is a nice guy,a good player,but he's not someone who makes a difference for this team
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#1257 » by 41Dirk41 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 9:09 pm

Rumors said that Mavs received multiple offers for THJ for 3 first round picks.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Probably the same "insiders" who said Nets refused 2FRPs for DFS.

A lot of bullsh*t in this session...
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,173

Post#1258 » by ozwizard8 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 9:16 pm

Teffer10 wrote:I would love to see this team get involved in a multi-team deal that sends Kyrie and others out and nets us Kuzma/Gafford/Bruce Brown.

This is most likely to be the only viable option for Mavs to build a playoff team around Luka.
- Find some rookie owner who is ready to trade assets for kyrie.
- Those assets sent to a rebuilding team and Mavs got some meaningful pieces.

I do not think Kuzma/Gafford/Bruce Brown would make us top 3 seed but those players with Luka would make us a continuous playoff team. The fact is Kyrie made this team struggle to make playoffs.

Hard to find players who are good enough to start at SF-PF-C without assets and cap space available.
Otherwise, we need Prosper to suddenly become the new Shawn Marion, and we miraculously find another Lively-level PF/C.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,173

Post#1259 » by ozwizard8 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 9:24 pm

Thanks for posting here. Kuzma has been part of a title team. And I think he can replicate a similar level of production of how MPJ contributes to Denver.

Our concern is we do not have Aaron Gordon to pair with Kuzma. So Kuzma wouldn't probably enough to solve the Mavs' defensive issues. But he would certainly increase our height/size which should translate a little better defense and better rebounding. I trust Kuzma would be more efficient with Mavs as long as Luka is playing.

Mavs issue is that we do not have much cap space or trade assets. A rebuilding team like Wizards would not like to have kyrie. 27 out of 30 teams would not like to have Kyrie anyway. If Mavs send THJ, then there would a void in SG role. Maxi contract is probably a negative for Wizards. I assume Holmes contract can be used but not enough to match Kuzma.

I mean it's tricky. Would Mavs like to send unprotected firsts to Wizards for a trade that wouldn't make Dallas a contender?
If Mavs had Aaron Gordon or another pro-defender wing player, then it would be nice to add Kuzma into the mix to become contender. Right now, Mavs struggling to make playoffs. A good trade would put us into the playoffs. But then we need one more to become serious. I am afraid Kuzma may get better offers from other teams with his reasonable contract.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,159

Post#1260 » by daoneandonly » Sat Feb 3, 2024 10:03 pm

Teffer10 wrote:I would love to see this team get involved in a multi-team deal that sends Kyrie and others out and nets us Kuzma/Gafford/Bruce Brown.

Yea best option is a multi team deal where Kyrie goes out and we get a few fringe all star level players. I'd target a Marcus Smart type, love the fit with Luka. Then a more offensive oriented guy, I think u have something.

Return to Dallas Mavericks