ImageImageImage

Playoffs 2024 - R2 - G6 - Mavs vs Thunder (Sat., 8PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,467

Re: Playoffs 2024 - R2 - G6 - Mavs vs Thunder (Sat., 8PMEST) 

Post#141 » by Archx » Sun May 19, 2024 10:29 am

I posted this on GB and i'll also say it here.

If SGA is such a "well rounded 2-way player, great defensive guard, etc...We should give some credit to Luka as well. He picked up his defensive effort a lot.

Same DRTG as SGA in the series and held OKC players to 39.8% shooting in direct matchups at a very respectable sample size of 15.5 DFGA.

For the entire playoffs Luka is holding players to only 40.3% shooting. SGA at 45%.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,184

Post#142 » by daoneandonly » Sun May 19, 2024 10:53 am

Love this!

Lively is awesome. Everything he's been through, but still able to play at such a high level. High basketball iq

PJ, so composed. Playoff game on the line, in front of your hometown, and delivers. The exact attitude we needed
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,128

Post#143 » by ChipotleWest » Sun May 19, 2024 11:09 am

Read on Twitter
Archx
RealGM

Post#144 » by Archx » Sun May 19, 2024 11:31 am

Shaq will soon have another big to hate on. Lively is quickly turning into a monster. And thanks to Grant for sucking so hard they were forced to trade him :lol:
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 11,553

Post#145 » by Mavrelous » Sun May 19, 2024 12:05 pm

6 weeks ago, we were wondering whether Mavs will make the PO directly or have to go to the play-in in the midst on RS road trip :D
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant

Post#146 » by ChipotleWest » Sun May 19, 2024 12:53 pm

Mavrelous wrote:6 weeks ago, we were wondering whether Mavs will make the PO directly or have to go to the play-in in the midst on RS road trip :D

I wonder if Lively's mother dying has had an impact not just on Lively, but the team.

You know they not only want him to succeed, but want to win to inspire him.
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant

Post#147 » by ChipotleWest » Sun May 19, 2024 1:07 pm

Read on Twitter
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#148 » by Mavrelous » Sun May 19, 2024 3:26 pm

Read on Twitter
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,980

Post#149 » by arkuo » Sun May 19, 2024 3:48 pm

Archx wrote:Shaq will soon have another big to hate on. Lively is quickly turning into a monster. And thanks to Grant for sucking so hard they were forced to trade him :lol:

Lively's becoming Tyson Chandler and Gafford's turning into Brendan Haywood. And that's a good thing. Mavs need to do whatever they can to bring back DJJ. Whatever it takes.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,980

Post#150 » by arkuo » Sun May 19, 2024 3:56 pm

Anyone know if Maxi Kleber can come back next round?
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 37,038

Post#151 » by Dirk » Sun May 19, 2024 4:00 pm

Was going to post this on GB, but maybe it's best to just forget this series happened in many ways, because I definitely felt disgust watching 2 or 3 of these games. This game 6 was really something.

You can easily tell how the refs influenced the game 3-4 times.

They started the game off with Dort getting fouled on a 3 pointer - called. And on the other end he fouled Luka and wasn't called.

Every time the Mavs made a run and got close... some BS thing happened. It was quite surreal.

How did the Mavs win this game again? How was it possible?

Did you see that end? Lively called for two soft fouls attempting to rebound the ball... while Dort flies over Kyrie and isn't called.

Did you see Dort draw an offensive foul on a screen on Lively... and then Dort moving on a screen with the ball out of bounds and Pj Washington being called for it?

Everyone calls Luka a whiny little bitch. But the reality is that it's so much easier to be composed when BS stuff isn't being called against your team. In four out of 6 games... there's clear evidence that the Mavs for whatever reason had to deal with BS calls.

How ironic that the game ends up with free throws and for the Mavs. Guess it underlines that there's no huge conspiracy.

DJJR!

The best defender on SGA, despite getting a terrible whistle. Incredible how he started off by playing great D and then finishes the series by hitting so many baskets.

Luka...

who will ever figure this guy out?

Just a few days ago he looked like he was struggling, his shot never looked like it'd go in and in this game was radically different and he went back to looking like a video game player making some wild shots. Too bad about some turnovers that really put the team in a bind --- feels like it almost always leads to points the other way. I also was worrying he'd get a second technical somehow... even if he was right about the refs.

Lively

This guy is unbelievable. That fourth quarter was just beastly and he got called for 2 Bs calls. He dominated.

Going back to that game where they intentionally fouled him and he just made his shots... this guy is clearly special and the sky is the roof for him because it's easy to tell he's smart and he'll probably develop his own offensive game.

PJ Washington

Feels like he struggled defending SGA for some reason. It was as if he didn't play this game. And then... just hits critical shot.

Spoiler:

He doesn't have a conscience. You will never know if he has a good game or not. He always looks the same.

Gafford

It's quite odd. Feels like everyone agrees Lively looked much better than him, but Gafford actually had better stats unless I am drunk. One thing that seemed to stood out was how he fumbled the ball a few times and fumbled some shots (Lively also had this issue).

Jason Kidd

He deserves a lot of credit for the way this team has competed.
60/21/10
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#152 » by Mavrelous » Sun May 19, 2024 4:07 pm

Dirk wrote:Was going to post this on GB, but maybe it's best to just forget this series happened in many ways, because I definitely felt disgust watching 2 or 3 of these games. This game 6 was really something.

This was a disgusting display of officiating, no way around it, and they almost pulled it off...
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 37,038

Post#153 » by Dirk » Sun May 19, 2024 4:21 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
Dirk wrote:Was going to post this on GB, but maybe it's best to just forget this series happened in many ways, because I definitely felt disgust watching 2 or 3 of these games. This game 6 was really something.

This was a disgusting display of officiating, no way around it, and they almost pulled it off...

I really think that in at least 3 games... it was if randomly the refs decided to call moving screens, travelling or some other things like these... but in a "sequence".

This game 6 was the worst though because the Mavs somehow made 3 come backs. And each single one ended up with some ref stuff.

I am too tired and am not paid for it, but this was a type of game where a lengthy video could be created depicting this stuff.

Still worth dumping here:

This was a difficult shot and came after Dort had been fouled on a 3 pointer. It looks like Dort hist Luka leg.

This was the start of the refs ending the Mavs comeback (one of them)

This Dort one was after the refs called Lively? a couple of times for softer things.

Pj Washington foul. Was Dort not moving? This was right after Lively got called for moving screen.

I don't know... all series... it has been hard to watch for me, because it felt like SGA got away with constant pushing off and then had soft calls his way. As if that wasn't enough... Dort was rough to watch because he spends so much of his time falling around.

I still can't believe how the Mavs won game 6. At a couple of points it felt like Luka would be tossed and game go out of hand.

As somehow who really thinks the Thunder got a very favourable whistle all series... I suppose the fact that a crazy ref didn't give Luka a second tech... and that they actually called that foul to end the end... shows us that we don't have to wackos thinking "the NBA wanted OKC to win". I guess somehow the Mavs just had a poor whistle in the series and/or OKC guys are better at playing the refs.

Anyway, it's even better to win this way... they showed a lot of composure to never let so many bad moments discourage them. The Thunder were making a lot of shots too. Crazy win.
60/21/10
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#154 » by Mavrelous » Sun May 19, 2024 4:44 pm

Dirk wrote:I am too tired and am not paid for it, but this was a type of game where a lengthy video could be created depicting this stuff.

Don't bother with the GB, your last thread couldn't have been more detailed, and people still come back with the same oblivious answers.
Tony Brothers was out for Luka, it was clear as day, you missed the Cason Wallace blatant tackle on Luka also, I have no idea how they pulled it off, Kidd also drove me crazy by not calling a TO when it's clear refs are screwing with Luka's head and he knows Luka is prune to getting lost.
Dort was absolutely moving on that fouk, and he went there after PJ started his motion to chase Isiah Joe, it was a disastrous FT, but they had to call something beause both players fell, a turn over would've started intentional fouling by OKC because the game would become 2 possessions.

The level of physicality Dort is allowed on Luka, is MMA level, and I'd be more than fine with it, if Mavs players were allowed anything close to that against SGA, against the Clippers Mavs players were mauling anyone coming close to the paint with very little whistles except when it was the bearded flopper, and even then it was way less than this.
Archx
RealGM

Post#155 » by Archx » Sun May 19, 2024 5:05 pm

Mavrelous wrote:Tony Brothers was out for Luka

Who was worse Brothers or RJ on the commentary? I thought at some point RJ will jump on to the floor and pull SGA's pants down. I had to mute sometimes when he talked. He makes Reggie Miller look like HOF on the mic.
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,307

Post#156 » by GermanFan120 » Sun May 19, 2024 5:25 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
Read on Twitter

In all honesty, Luka doesn't need to do this. He needs to learn not to be a child.
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,307

Post#157 » by GermanFan120 » Sun May 19, 2024 5:29 pm

arkuo wrote:Anyone know if Maxi Kleber can come back next round?

He is out.
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.
Dmavs12
Junior
And1: 114

Post#158 » by Dmavs12 » Sun May 19, 2024 5:36 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
Read on Twitter

Bahahaha I can’t stop laughing at Chet.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,841

Post#159 » by Bob8 » Sun May 19, 2024 5:49 pm

Mavs won, now we have to decide has Luka lost some weight or he's still fat Luka. :roll:
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,174

Post#160 » by ozwizard8 » Sun May 19, 2024 6:54 pm

Bob8 wrote:Mavs won, now we have to decide has Luka lost some weight or he's still fat Luka. :roll:

Wait for offseason :D
In any sense, fat Luka stuff is just an opposing team fan language. Rather not label him with fat. The problem is more about his training regiment and rest (national team).

Return to Dallas Mavericks