ImageImageImage

Playoffs 2024 - R2 - G4 - Mavs vs Thunder (Mond., 9:30PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,427

Re: Playoffs 2024 - R2 - G4 - Mavs vs Thunder (Mond., 9:30PMEST) 

Post#161 » by Archx » Tue May 14, 2024 2:21 pm

MassimoPayne wrote:
Archx wrote:
MassimoPayne wrote:Do you guys think Luka looks fat because he takes cortisone or something for his pain? there is no way he gains so fast weight while playing so much basketball

I think it's simply a bad diet. For a young athlete who's constantly on the move and playing at the highest levels, there is no other logical explanation. But like i said 1000 times, all of that could be avoided if he simply prepared more in the off season. Lebron spends almost 1M on training, imagine if Luka was dedicated at least 1/3rd of that.

But Luka looked good at the beginning of the season. He got worse especially between end of reg season and playoffs which was only 10 days

He got issues way before. Think about how often he looked bad after the 1st half of games. He spends a ton of energy in 1st Q's, that's why it's usually his best quarter of the game. When he's getting tired, then he starts hunting for fouls and argues with refs.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,820

Post#162 » by Bob8 » Tue May 14, 2024 2:26 pm

Archx wrote:
MassimoPayne wrote:
Archx wrote:

I think it's simply a bad diet. For a young athlete who's constantly on the move and playing at the highest levels, there is no other logical explanation. But like i said 1000 times, all of that could be avoided if he simply prepared more in the off season. Lebron spends almost 1M on training, imagine if Luka was dedicated at least 1/3rd of that.

But Luka looked good at the beginning of the season. He got worse especially between end of reg season and playoffs which was only 10 days

He got issues way before. Think about how often he looked bad after the 1st half of games. He spends a ton of energy in 1st Q's, that's why it's usually his best quarter of the game. When he's getting tired, then he starts hunting for fouls and argues with refs.

33.2/10.1/10.3; 39.5% for 3 post All Star break.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#163 » by Bob8 » Tue May 14, 2024 2:40 pm

Btw. on GB is fat Doncic thread, for all interested. One is already posting. :D
Archx
RealGM

Post#164 » by Archx » Tue May 14, 2024 2:42 pm

Bob8 wrote:
Archx wrote:
MassimoPayne wrote:

Fat/post prime Shaq was still able to dominate but it went downhill fast after that.

Maybe it's a lazy or even bad comparison but the point is, we're talking about fitness level of a pro athlete, we are not debating his stats or box score performance. You keep mixing up these two things.

Even if Luka has 10 straight games scoring 50 pts and Mavs win a ring, we're still allowed to talk about his fitnes levels.

What is better? Him getting a properly athletic body without a fat chin or staying just like he is and you'll be happy when he's averaging 33ppg? What if him working out unlocks a completely new levels of playing? You don't want to see that?
Bob8
General Manager

Post#165 » by Bob8 » Tue May 14, 2024 2:55 pm

Archx wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Archx wrote:

Fat/post prime Shaq was still able to dominate but it went downhill fast after that.

Maybe it's a lazy or even bad comparison but the point is, we're talking about fitness level of a pro athlete, we are not debating his stats or box score performance. You keep mixing up these two things.

Even if Luka has 10 straight games scoring 50 pts and Mavs win a ring, we're still allowed to talk about his fitnes levels.

What is better? Him getting a properly athletic body without a fat chin or staying just like he is and you'll be happy when he's averaging 33ppg? What if him working out unlocks a completely new levels of playing? You don't want to see that?

Had Luka the best RS of his career? Had he the best stats of his career? Did he score the most points? Did he averaged the most assists of his career? Had he the best efficiency of his career? Had he the best 3pts % of his career?

Answer on everything is yes. It's impossible to have RS like that, if you're fat and have bad conditioning. That's why I'm bringing those numbers. Numbers show that he had unbelievable season. Your claim that he's fat and unprepared is more anecdotal than anything else. The only fact is that he can't hit anything after 10 days rest. Which doesn't bode well with bad conditioning claim.

I'm pretty sure, if Mavs win the ring, those fat claims will look very stupid.
Archx
RealGM

Post#166 » by Archx » Tue May 14, 2024 3:09 pm

Bob8 wrote:
Archx wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Had Luka the best RS of his career? Had he the best stats of his career? Did he score the most points? Did he averaged the most assists of his career? Had he the best efficiency of his career? Had he the best 3pts % of his career?

Answer on everything is yes. It's impossible to have RS like that, if you're fat and have bad conditioning. That's why I'm bringing those numbers. Numbers show that he had unbelievable season. Your claim that he's fat and unprepared is more anecdotal than anything else. The only fact is that he can't hit anything after 10 days rest. Which doesn't bode well with bad conditioning claim.

It's ok, you don't get it. Lets move on and lets just stay out of this conversation.
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,297

Post#167 » by GermanFan120 » Tue May 14, 2024 3:12 pm

Bob8 wrote:
Archx wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

I am pretty sure the fat claim is not going away since we are not winning the ring this year.
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach

Post#168 » by GermanFan120 » Tue May 14, 2024 3:13 pm

Did anyone notice Mavs had a terrible free throw % in game 3 also? Otherwise we would have won that game more convincingly.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#169 » by Bob8 » Tue May 14, 2024 3:22 pm

Archx wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Archx wrote:

It's ok, you don't get it. Lets move on and lets just stay out of this conversation.

Yes, I don't get that fat athlete with bad conditioning can have generational RS. I'm 100% sure that's not possible.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#170 » by Bob8 » Tue May 14, 2024 3:23 pm

GermanFan120 wrote:Did anyone notice Mavs had a terrible free throw % in game 3 also? Otherwise we would have won that game more convincingly.

Mavs are with 68% far the worst team in playoffs.
dygaction
General Manager
And1: 4,860

Post#171 » by dygaction » Tue May 14, 2024 3:31 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Archx wrote:

I only agreed with people who observed the same thing, that he's fat for a pro NBA athlete. You are AGAIN making it way more than it has to be. I never said Mavs won't win anything... But Luka's body is a problem, a huge problem, that's a fact. Injuries or no injuries, it's a problem.

Being fat is for sure not the reason that he can't shoot anymore after 10 days rest. Sometimes a little logic should be applied.

But Bob, you dont defend Mavs, you're just defending Luka. The fundamental diff here is you're team Luka, which we all understand, he's your countryman and you have no other ties to a Texas team in America. But most of us are about the team, and Luka's lack of maturity and discipline have been hurting this team, now at the most important time.

I am no Luka's countryman and maybe Luka should sit out from the beginning like Kawhi did. Why we cannot think there could be other reasons instead of just lack of controlled fat? I would wait until the player or team to say something first. Could it be no cardio with bad knees, side effect of pain killer or treatment...
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 37,038

Post#172 » by Dirk » Tue May 14, 2024 3:45 pm

Big waste of a game. Holding a lead throughout... and then not being able to score and trailing at the end.

SGA made 2 tough shots, others made 2 threes. Turnover, some luck...and boom... a complete waste of a game.

Usual ref stuff when playing against superstars like Dort and SGA.

Spoiler:

Wasted Luka D!

TL;DR

Unreal that Washington and Jones Jr score 38 points and they blow it. Unclutch yesterday, Kyrie with 2pt 1/5, and yeah... god knows what is up with Luka. He looked fresh for most of the game, just can't seem to score as usual and a couple of bad turnovers leading to points the other way.
60/21/10
Bob8
General Manager

Post#173 » by Bob8 » Tue May 14, 2024 4:01 pm

Bob8 wrote:Btw. on GB is fat Doncic thread, for all interested. One is already posting. :D

Locked. Fortunately enough Mavs' fan provided another thread to talk about fat Luka. I'm sure discussion will be interesting. Last post "He's lazy, selfish, immature, and stupid. This is not news, it happens every year." Fun reading. Thanks ChipotleWest. :D
ThunderWins
Ballboy
And1: 8

Post#174 » by ThunderWins » Tue May 14, 2024 4:08 pm

Thunder are overcommitting to guarding to Luka/Kyrie while leaving PJ Washington, Lively, Gafford, THJ and Exum.
Kyrie isn't forcing shots. Unlike Clippers the Thunder are putting multiple good defenders on him so he doesn't get cooking.

BIG game 5 winner moves on to WCF.
kacey ring
Sixth Man
And1: 1,042

Post#175 » by kacey ring » Tue May 14, 2024 4:26 pm

Darren wrote:I think Chet is the major reason for ineffective Kyrie and Luka. Unable to resolve this, it's difficult to win this series.

Our guys look absolutely frightened to shoot when Chet is anywhere close.

I wish for once DJJ or PJ of Gafford would just slam one down over the skinny man.
MassimoPayne
Sophomore
And1: 114

Post#176 » by MassimoPayne » Tue May 14, 2024 6:44 pm

GermanFan120 wrote:Did anyone notice Mavs had a terrible free throw % in game 3 also? Otherwise we would have won that game more convincingly.

I didn't loop up the stats but it felt the whole playoffs that we shoot terrible FT. It was about time to lose a game because of that
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach

Post#177 » by GermanFan120 » Tue May 14, 2024 7:11 pm

Luka is clearly bothered due to the following:

- injury
- bad fatigue/conditioning
- fat/pregnancy
Bob8
General Manager

Post#178 » by Bob8 » Tue May 14, 2024 7:15 pm

GermanFan120 wrote:Luka is clearly bothered due to the following:

- injury
- bad fatigue/conditioning
- fat/pregnancy

Yes, I think pregnancy can be the answer, that explains some insiders noticing his problems in RS already, now problems just grow. Maybe he can be ok later in the playoffs, we just have to win this series.
dygaction
General Manager
And1: 4,860

Post#179 » by dygaction » Tue May 14, 2024 7:53 pm

Of course there are haters and invested fans of other teams feasting on "fat" luka narrative on other boards, but I hope this can at least wait until Mavs playoff run ends on Mavs board... Him playing injured should at least earn him some benefit of doubt that the weight issue might be related with missed training or steriod/medicine needed for bad knees.
The 7-game seires is tied at 2:2. Let's get the most critical game 5!
Bob8
General Manager

Post#180 » by Bob8 » Tue May 14, 2024 7:58 pm

dygaction wrote:Of course there are haters and invested fans of other teams feasting on "fat" luka narrative on other boards, but I hope this can at least wait until Mavs playoff run ends on Mavs board... Him playing injured should at least earn him some benefit of doubt that the weight issue might be related with missed training or steriod/medicine needed for bad knees.
The 7-game seires is tied at 2:2. Let's get the most critical game 5!

Problem is that fat Luka thread on GB started here.

Return to Dallas Mavericks