Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,194

Re: Basketball back - 2021 Preseason [Next:Friday 7 PM CT @ Bucks] 

Post#181 » by Mr B » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:48 pm

Bob8 wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Or maybe people are not ready to sacrifice sleep for preseason game.

Yea I’m sure that’s it.

I guess you're not from Europe. Tell me, would you watch meaningless games in the middle of the night?

Oh you’re in Europe. I did not know that. I live in Dallas. And the answer to that is no. I would DVR it and watch it once I woke up though.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,783

Post#182 » by Bob8 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:20 am

Mr B wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Mr B wrote:Yea I’m sure that’s it.

I guess you're not from Europe. Tell me, would you watch meaningless games in the middle of the night?

Oh you’re in Europe. I did not know that. I live in Dallas. And the answer to that is no. I would DVR it and watch it once I woke up though.

I have League Pass and I would normally do that too, but with 60 points difference it didn't make sense, I just looked at box score.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 11,322

Post#183 » by Mavrelous » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:35 am

Please watch it, it's not everyday that Powell faces Plumlee from outside tbe paint, takes him off tge dribble fir a dunk, or WCS drives and kicks to open shooters.
This was a very weird and interesting game.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#184 » by ejs78 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:00 am

Now that Powell can make the corner 3 too he needs to be in the 3 point contest.

Like what I'm seeing outta Sterling Brown again
Darren
RealGM
And1: 857

Post#185 » by Darren » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:08 am

I am surprised the Mavs lead by a margin by first half. The Mavs play much better defense (except lacking rim protection and speedy PG stopper). The Mavs play smart and play hard. Fortunately, the 3 point rain is all over the place in 2nd quarter. Maybe Milwaukee is too good defending the paint and left the perimeter opened a lot. But Brunson and Burke both find angle to convert layup consistent to make the inside-out game possible.
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,520

Post#186 » by fuller4379 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:01 am

Finally, the last of the preseason games. I am ready to see what this team has.
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man
And1: 540

Post#187 » by DJ_3_Ball » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:04 am

97.1 The Eagle is the Mavs radio station now? What the heck????
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,833

Post#188 » by leolozon » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:08 am

Does anyone who watched preseason would rather play Ntikilina than Brown or Green?

I hope they'll have a short leash with DFS now that Bullock is here. I like DFS as a role player, but he goes cold in a lot of games during a season.
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man

Post#189 » by DJ_3_Ball » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:16 am

leolozon wrote:Does anyone who watched preseason would rather play Ntikilina than Brown or Green?

I hope they'll have a short leash with DFS now that Bullock is here. I like DFS as a role player, but he goes cold in a lot of games during a season.

Bullock should be starting over DFS, and if he shouldn't, then the Mavs shouldn't even have signed him. DFS is a nice role player, but he's played hero minutes at times, and I'm not comfortable with DFS playing north of 20 minutes.
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,430

Post#190 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:20 am

leolozon wrote:Does anyone who watched preseason would rather play Ntikilina than Brown or Green?

Frank was 1-8 tonight and still crushed the game whilst he was in. Green should also get some time. Sterling Brown I saw less of, but I don't want to write him off - he was decent against the laughable Hornets. I'm afraid the weakest link is the absent Terry. I don't like Burke's game - but I guess he is in some sense a bench NBA player. I just don't know who would want to trade for him.
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,430

Post#191 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:44 am

So it appears Terry got waived, along with Hunt and Jones.
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man

Post#192 » by DJ_3_Ball » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:07 am

B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:So it appears Terry got waived, along with Hunt and Jones.

So far no one behind Terry in the 2020 draft other than Kenyon Martin Jr at pick 52 has shown much in the NBA. That'll likely change, and we'll look back at that pick and say "If the Mavs had only taken, So-So at 31", but Jalen Brunsons aren't drafted every year in the 2nd round.

Sad to see him go. He likely still has potential, but it's the right move imo.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,907

Post#193 » by 41Dirk41 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:49 am

I'm afraid every time DFS has the ball, he can only shoot. Brown seems a little bit better ballhandler and passer than him. Bullock i don't know, i have to see more of him.

I'm not a big fan of Brunson, but he can score and he has personality.
leolozon
General Manager

Post#194 » by leolozon » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:41 am

DJ_3_Ball wrote:
B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:So it appears Terry got waived, along with Hunt and Jones.

So far no one behind Terry in the 2020 draft other than Kenyon Martin Jr at pick 52 has shown much in the NBA. That'll likely change, and we'll look back at that pick and say "If the Mavs had only taken, So-So at 31", but Jalen Brunsons aren't drafted every year in the 2nd round.

Sad to see him go. He likely still has potential, but it's the right move imo.

I thought they would maybe put him in the G-league to let him mature, but I don't know what his personal issue is. Maybe he couldn't overcome it.

As for Hunt, he showed interesting things, but you have to get rid of someone.
leolozon
General Manager

Post#195 » by leolozon » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:28 am

B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:

Frank was 1-8 tonight and still crushed the game whilst he was in. Green should also get some time. Sterling Brown I saw less of, but I don't want to write him off - he was decent against the laughable Hornets. I'm afraid the weakest link is the absent Terry. I don't like Burke's game - but I guess he is in some sense a bench NBA player. I just don't know who would want to trade for him.

If they're not planning on playing Luka as a PF defensively and not play Kleber and Powell a lot (which I doubt), they have a big lockjam.

Luka, THJ and Brunson are close to 100mpg together. It leaves 44mpg for : Bullock, Brown, Green, Ntikilina, Burke and some DFS at SF (most of his minutes if they're planning to use KP as a PF).

Even if Burke isn't playing, there's still probably two other guys who should stick to the bench.

I think that's a problem with this summer that we didn't really talk about, they got two more rotation guys (3?) without getting rid of any rotation players from last year. What's their plan? Having the best 10th-13th players in the league?
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,907

Post#196 » by 41Dirk41 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:13 am

leolozon wrote:
B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:

If they're not planning on playing Luka as a PF defensively and not play Kleber and Powell a lot (which I doubt), they have a big lockjam.

Luka, THJ and Brunson are close to 100mpg together. It leaves 44mpg for : Bullock, Brown, Green, Ntikilina, Burke and some DFS at SF (most of his minutes if they're planning to use KP as a PF).

Even if Burke isn't playing, there's still probably two other guys who should stick to the bench.

I think that's a problem with this summer that we didn't really talk about, they got two more rotation guys (3?) without getting rid of any rotation players from last year. What's their plan? Having the best 10th-13th players in the league?

Hope trade a package of role players+picks+Young guys for a star or someone Who could move the needle
Darren
RealGM
And1: 857

Post#197 » by Darren » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:21 pm

I think this is a big win. The Mavs determined the win by 2nd quarter. The Mavs rarely has any edge leading by Brunson or Burke last season. Normally, the offense looks chaotic and of course the defense is below average. But this time, at least, the offense looks organized. And the Mavs win against the Eastern Finals' starter. This is one of the big sensational moments. This is the first time the Mavs beats a good team without Luka in recent memory.
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 871

Post#198 » by Teffer10 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:37 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
leolozon wrote:
B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:Frank was 1-8 tonight and still crushed the game whilst he was in. Green should also get some time. Sterling Brown I saw less of, but I don't want to write him off - he was decent against the laughable Hornets. I'm afraid the weakest link is the absent Terry. I don't like Burke's game - but I guess he is in some sense a bench NBA player. I just don't know who would want to trade for him.

Hope trade a package of role players+picks+Young guys for a star or someone Who could move the needle

And I think that will happen eventually.
I'll be absolutely shocked if Dragic or someone of his caliber isn't on the team by the POs.
Hopefully we don't have to give up much for him, but if we are contending and Raptors aren't, we might be able to knab him for next to nothing or better yet, hope they cut him and we pick him up. I have a feeling the Mavs are expecting the latter.

Return to Dallas Mavericks