ImageImageImage

Cuban Willing to Break the Bank for Kidd

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,979

Post#21 » by arkuo » Sun Feb 3, 2008 4:54 am

^^ true, but with the western playoff-bound teams getting stronger, i sure hope cuban is brewing something... kidd or no kidd, i just hope he gets a good starting SG or C....

getting kidd is a commitment to winning NOW... getting kidd further shortens our window for a championship.... if we get kidd, then we better get some more 'good' players coz if we dont win a title in the next 2-3 seasons with kidd, were' done...

after trading for Kidd using the "harris package", im hoping the changes dont stop there.. a kidd-dirk-josh combo still wouldnt cut it in the west... probably a trade for a big like jermaine oneal would work nicely.. especially with a playmaker like kidd running the show...
FGump
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#22 » by FGump » Sun Feb 3, 2008 5:09 am

no to kidd, especially using harris who is better
no to old broken down oneal who is injured for the season
DDansby123
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#23 » by DDansby123 » Sun Feb 3, 2008 5:26 am

arkuo wrote:^^ true, but with the western playoff-bound teams getting stronger

This is the biggest issue, IMO.

I honestly think this team has peaked with its current construction and personnel. If you ask Harris to take on a larger scoring role, thereby allowing him to reach his potential, IMO, I could see considerable growth prospects for the Mavs. If not, I see the status quo, barring a trade.
DDansby123
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#24 » by DDansby123 » Sun Feb 3, 2008 5:32 am

FGump wrote:no to kidd, especially using harris who is better

To me, the Kidd-Harris debate isn't about which player is better; it's about which player would have the greatest impact on the team as a whole. I like Harris better as an individual player, but I think Kidd's ability as a passer and creator could potentially make EVERY SINGLE MAV better than they are with Harris. So while you can look at the two players individually and legitimately argue that Harris is better than Kidd, I still think the positive impact that Kidd would have on his teammates (which Harris can't even dream of) could very easily outweigh the individual differences between the two.

Now you still have to factor in age, salary, etc., when making that decision (and those are legitimate arguments, as I've stated previously), but I still see Kidd's impact as going far beyond that of Devin Harris....at least for this team. Is it worth making the trade, though? I'm not sure...depends on the deal.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 861

Post#25 » by Darren » Sun Feb 3, 2008 5:48 am

arkuo wrote:^^ true, but with the western playoff-bound teams getting stronger, i sure hope cuban is brewing something... kidd or no kidd, i just hope he gets a good starting SG or C....

getting kidd is a commitment to winning NOW... getting kidd further shortens our window for a championship.... if we get kidd, then we better get some more 'good' players coz if we dont win a title in the next 2-3 seasons with kidd, were' done...

after trading for Kidd using the "harris package", im hoping the changes dont stop there.. a kidd-dirk-josh combo still wouldnt cut it in the west... probably a trade for a big like jermaine oneal would work nicely.. especially with a playmaker like kidd running the show...

Not if we get him for Damp and KVH with a second round pick.

Return to Dallas Mavericks