ImageImageImage

OT: Gasol to Lakers and Us

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

catalyst
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41

Post#21 » by catalyst » Fri Feb 1, 2008 11:01 pm

Pointguard01 wrote:They probably need to trade Odom to get a more convential SF or look for a PG, but they are looking damn good and the rest of the west needs to be worried.

Odom for bibby works very nicely.
Rand10
Starter
And1: 40

Post#22 » by Rand10 » Fri Feb 1, 2008 11:27 pm

KVH + picks for Vince Carter :pray:
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#23 » by DEEP3CL » Fri Feb 1, 2008 11:36 pm

Hey Mav fans, to quote your coach "we're not involve in any Kidd trade scenarios. So trading Lamar is out the question, plus LO is a natural SF anyway.

Second I'm a seasoned NBA fan and just because we made this trade doesn't mean we're going to win a title we all know that takes time.

Hell Shaq and Kobe, Rob,D-Fish and Rick Fox was together 4 years before we won a title. Nothing changed until we got Phil.

Yeah a lot of my Laker brothers are overly excited and I understand why. But trust me there's some things we need to work out on the court first before we can talk titles.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 861

Re: OT: Gasol to Lakers and Us 

Post#24 » by Darren » Sat Feb 2, 2008 12:26 am

ppp000 wrote:So Pau Gasol to Lakers. And they may even trade Odom + whoever for Kidd (this is rumor on TrueHoop)

Lakers just leapfrogged just about everyone in the West.

And can anyone honestly say that you truly believe this team will win it all?? Even without the other teams getting significantly better, there are still too many holes in this team.

Not trying to be pessimistic, just realistic.

LAL fans want to cut Odom anyway. Lamar doesn't leave up to expectation. He's just another expensive role player. He plays without IQ.
sosafan70
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#25 » by sosafan70 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 12:38 am

I'd still take the Spurs and Mavs over the LA Kobe's

Dallas Mavericks: Where Good over Evil Happens
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#26 » by studcrackers » Sat Feb 2, 2008 1:06 am

id say it depended on who was officiating the game
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
rhp1990
Rookie
And1: 12

Post#27 » by rhp1990 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 3:14 am

i think the most TALENTED team right now is the LAKERS they'll need time to gel together tho
One Love
Starter
And1: 292

Post#28 » by One Love » Sat Feb 2, 2008 3:45 am

Obviously we are all excited after sitting around all offseason doing nothing but the triangle offense is hard to pickup... I would love to ship LO for a solid SF but PJ loves length and will start all three seven footers upfront in an effort to control the boards with LO 6'10", Gasol 7'0" and Bynum 7'1" and growing...
Darren
RealGM
And1: 861

Post#29 » by Darren » Sat Feb 2, 2008 4:02 am

If they trade Odom for Kidd, they've got a lineup of Andrew Bynum, Pau Gasol, Whoever shoot 3, Kobe Bryant, and Jason Kidd. What's the point of hessitation for the Lakers? Not at all.
Craig McDermott
Banned User

Post#30 » by Craig McDermott » Sat Feb 2, 2008 4:51 am

CITYOFANGELSX3
RealGM
And1: 151

Post#31 » by CITYOFANGELSX3 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 11:26 am

booyah welcome back to the LAKE SHOW :)
catalyst
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by catalyst » Sat Feb 2, 2008 1:02 pm

your_dallas_mavericks wrote:You mean like Mike Miller and Memphis' Fire Sale?

Thoughts of miller in dal have been out there since this summer. Nothing new.
catalyst
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by catalyst » Sat Feb 2, 2008 1:27 pm

I love that we have trolls coming here who have never been here to put this in our faces? Why on earth would we want gasol? I guess the lakers better win the title. Does the need for this trade diminish the greatness of kobe? He could not win the title by himself, like he thought he could when shaq was traded.

We better see a laker title, or this is failed.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,388

Post#34 » by HMFFL » Sat Feb 2, 2008 4:47 pm

Lakers > Boston

Is what many Laker fans are screaming now!
catalyst
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by catalyst » Sat Feb 2, 2008 5:27 pm

HMFFL wrote:Lakers > Boston

Is what many Laker fans are screaming now!

Just go to their board, and see our trolls here.
davidse
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#36 » by davidse » Sun Feb 3, 2008 2:25 am

laker fan here - the one positive for you guys, is that we are DEFENTLY out of the kidd sweepstakes.

with gasol and bynum - you can officaly dub us as a half court team.
why waste the effort, assets, and money to bring in kidd who's strength is open court ???

not going to happen.

if anything does - it should be odom for a small forward with a reliable outside shot, solid defense, and a cheaper contract - but that probably only happens next summer because of current injuries - where we need odom's ability to play pf, and chemistry issues - where we need players already familiar with the triangle.

either way, we actually may even be good enough to win it all this year - even with odom at sf - which i consider a very bad fit to a half court team.

but anyway, you can eliminate us as competition for kidd - i'm sure.
thing is, if the rumors about collins for swift are true - that kind of hints to new jersey keeping kidd imo - whether it's because they want to, or because they can't find the right deal.
i think you only take a chance on swift if you have him play with a guy like kidd.

anyway - g.l. this season.
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,889

Post#37 » by dirkforpres » Sun Feb 3, 2008 2:27 am

This sucks... they got Gasol for pennies... Its even worse than the Vince Carter trade a few years ago. I dont understand how the Mavs can never find bargains like this.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,979

Post#38 » by arkuo » Sun Feb 3, 2008 4:47 am

the lakers management needed to do everything possible to keep kobe happy.. because with their team before the gasol deal, they'd probably have another early playoff exit if they match up with the spurs, suns or even the mavs in a 7 game series.. well unless kobe scores 100 point per game... that being said, they needed to keep their only star happy... coz if he leaves, the lakers are gonna be pretty much worthless... i dont think they'll stay in contention without kobe...

who's up for a laker-celtic christmas day game next season? LOL
joe.linnen
Banned User

Post#39 » by joe.linnen » Tue Feb 5, 2008 3:56 pm

arkuo wrote:the lakers management needed to do everything possible to keep kobe happy.. because with their team before the gasol deal, they'd probably have another early playoff exit if they match up with the spurs, suns or even the mavs in a 7 game series.. well unless kobe scores 100 point per game... that being said, they needed to keep their only star happy... coz if he leaves, the lakers are gonna be pretty much worthless... i dont think they'll stay in contention without kobe...

who's up for a laker-celtic christmas day game next season? LOL

BULLS**T, even before we got Gasol we could beat Phoenix with no problem and the same goes for the damn Mavericks. The Spurs are just different when the playoffs start. The big three of the west isn't so far ahead of everybody like they used to be either. The Lakers jus put themselves in the running with them. So I wouldn't just say that the big three would give us trouble, the Suns and Mavericks are not that much of a factor anymore.
JES12
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#40 » by JES12 » Tue Feb 5, 2008 4:03 pm

joe.linnen wrote:BULLS**T, even before we got Gasol we could beat Phoenix with no problem and the same goes for the damn Mavericks. The Spurs are just different when the playoffs start. The big three of the west isn't so far ahead of everybody like they used to be either. The Lakers jus put themselves in the running with them. So I wouldn't just say that the big three would give us trouble, the Suns and Mavericks are not that much of a factor anymore.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=280125006

Short memory, huh? :wink:

Return to Dallas Mavericks