ImageImageImage

Playoffs 2024 - R2 - G4 - Mavs vs Thunder (Mond., 9:30PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

hagredionis
Sophomore
And1: 66

Re: Playoffs 2024 - R2 - G4 - Mavs vs Thunder (Mond., 9:30PMEST) 

Post#201 » by hagredionis » Wed May 15, 2024 3:22 pm

arkuo wrote:
hagredionis wrote:
arkuo wrote:

Westbrook averaged a triple double for 2 or 3 seasons straight. He's the first example you pull up to say that stats don't matter if you can't win. It would just make for some nice youtube highlights.

Luka wont be able to change people's opinions of him overnight the same way he cant stop getting 15 technical fouls every year after saying he needs to do better the year prior. It will stay that way until he wins something. And as of right last night, he has the same number of rings as Booker and Trae Young. He just talks more.

Luka is like Booker or Trae? Really? I'm always puzzled when people write stuff like that. Luka is 5x times 1st team NBA at the age of 25. He has also won the scoring title this season. Yeah he has not won a ring yet but how many rings has the GOAT MJ won at his age?

So if we go by that metric, then Russell Westbrook is far better than Luka with 1 MVP award and 2 seasons averaging a triple double.

And please, let's pump the brakes on Luka - MJ comparisons for now. Luka has yet to show up in this playoffs. Kyrie was the reason they won the first round. Luka vs MJ? Please. Let's talk about that when we actually have a good Luka game in this playoffs. In this playoffs alone, Jalen Brunson > Luka Doncic. Let's not get into that MJ conversation yet. That will be laughable.

Westbrook won his MVP when he was 28, Luka is 25. Also I've not compared Luka to MJ but since you were going on that Luka doesn't have a ring I pointed out that even MJ didn't have one either when he was Luka's age. That's not saying that Luka is as good as MJ or that he will ever be but simply that it is unrealistic to expect rings from Luka at 25 if even the GOAT didn't manage to do it at that age.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,923

Post#202 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed May 15, 2024 3:31 pm

hagredionis wrote:
arkuo wrote:
hagredionis wrote:
Luka is like Booker or Trae? Really? I'm always puzzled when people write stuff like that. Luka is 5x times 1st team NBA at the age of 25. He has also won the scoring title this season. Yeah he has not won a ring yet but how many rings has the GOAT MJ won at his age?

So if we go by that metric, then Russell Westbrook is far better than Luka with 1 MVP award and 2 seasons averaging a triple double.

And please, let's pump the brakes on Luka - MJ comparisons for now. Luka has yet to show up in this playoffs. Kyrie was the reason they won the first round. Luka vs MJ? Please. Let's talk about that when we actually have a good Luka game in this playoffs. In this playoffs alone, Jalen Brunson > Luka Doncic. Let's not get into that MJ conversation yet. That will be laughable.

Westbrook won his MVP when he was 28, Luka is 25. Also I've not compared Luka to MJ but since you were going on that Luka doesn't have a ring I pointed out that even MJ didn't have one either when he was Luka's age. That's not saying that Luka is as good as MJ or that he will ever be but simply that it is unrealistic to expect rings from Luka at 25 if even the GOAT didn't manage to do it at that age.

Ok it's right, but can we expect at least that he plays good PO games or not even this?
He cost us more games than he won this year.
He seems mentally break down and scared to play.
I've never seen this version of Luka Doncic.
hagredionis
Sophomore
And1: 66

Post#203 » by hagredionis » Wed May 15, 2024 3:52 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
hagredionis wrote:
arkuo wrote:

Ok it's right, but can we expect at least that he plays good PO games or not even this?

Yeah it's not like he had a clutch steal and drive to the basket just the previous game right? And btw he's +58 in these play-offs. For comparison Jokic is +45, Ant is +49.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,923

Post#204 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed May 15, 2024 4:36 pm

hagredionis wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
hagredionis wrote:

Yeah it's not like he had a clutch steal and drive to the basket just the previous game right? And btw he's +58 in these play-offs. For comparison Jokic is +45, Ant is +49.

Again, yes.
He is still Luka Doncic and he is a hell of a player.

But he played not so good in those PO (really bad sometimes) and he had multiple terrible shooting nights. Plus he looks scared.
Obviously we are still in and he can turn on his game, probably nobody here really think that we can win the ring this year.

We can say that or is it lese majesty?

Return to Dallas Mavericks