ImageImageImage

Rick Carlisle Steps Down! What Next?

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,184

Re: Rick Carlisle Steps Down! What Next? 

Post#61 » by Mr B » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:17 pm

KhalilS wrote:
Mr B wrote:
KhalilS wrote:Cuban will waive it, there's no chance he stands in his way, RC wouldn't have made it public if Cuban was to stand in his way.

Why wouldn’t the Mavs want a draft pick from the Celtics if they want to sign Carlisle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I highly doubt it, is there a precedent?
Everyone assuming RC did step down, which is certainly possible, but it's common practice when some veteran in an organization is shown the way out to give him the opportunity to resign, RC press release screams internal conflict with Luka for the simple fact he didn't mention him.

Not if you quit. You can’t quit in the middle of a contract and then just go sign another contract with another team. All reports are that Carlisle quit, not that he was fired.

Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 37,035

Post#62 » by Dirk » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:19 pm

Mr B wrote:
KhalilS wrote:
Mr B wrote:Why wouldn’t the Mavs want a draft pick from the Celtics if they want to sign Carlisle?

I highly doubt it, is there a precedent?
Everyone assuming RC did step down, which is certainly possible, but it's common practice when some veteran in an organization is shown the way out to give him the opportunity to resign, RC press release screams internal conflict with Luka for the simple fact he didn't mention him.

Not if you quit. You can’t quit in the middle of a contract and then just go sign another contract with another team. All reports are that Carlisle quit, not that he was fired.

Oh yeah, the Mavs better be getting some draft capital from some team if Carlisle is that sought after.

I hope Cuban doesn't embarrass us by not pursuing it.
60/21/10
XTraderXL
Sixth Man
And1: 1,342

Post#63 » by XTraderXL » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:21 pm

That article was clearly BS like Cuban said hahahahahahaha

What a joke of an owner and a franchise. Luka better get his ass out of town ASAP.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#64 » by ejs78 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:39 pm

I wonder if Green, Bey, and Terry are having a party tonight

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
boogiezen
Senior
And1: 437

Post#65 » by boogiezen » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:40 pm

Expected that Luka will be blamed with this turmoil and Cuban not getting enough slander when in fact he sucks at lying.
Maybe it's better not to be the best. Then you can lose and it's OK. - Searching for Bobby Fischer (1993)
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man
And1: 540

Re: Carlisle resigns as Dallas Coach 

Post#66 » by DJ_3_Ball » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:44 pm

daoneandonly wrote:Cuban is a jerk. He and his gambling moron belong together

No early 90s Mavs fan will ever call Mark Cuban a jerk. That actually makes me pretty heated. My childhood was spent watching Donald Hoge and Loren Meyer and Mike freaking Iuzzolino spare me to death and a good season was winning 20 games. And I watched all 82 every sorry losing season!! I lived for the NBA draft lottery, and every year I watched the Mavs F it up. Until they drafted Jim Jackson, but then they were so bad he wouldn't even sign here. Also, Don Carter was being a cheapskate!!!

I was floored when Don Carter was recognized as some praiseworthy former owner after the 2011 championship. Carter sat on his ass for over a decade and did nothing to make this franchise any better. He didn't spend any money. He wasn't invested. That's the real jerk.

I don't wanna hear about Mark Cuban being a jerk. He made being a Mavs fan fun, and he's done it for 22 years! Mark invented MFFL. He answers emails. He's accessible to the media and he genuinely cares about the Mavs; more than you do, more than I do. He's not perfect, but he's the perfect owner.

I won't have you slander his name, not in my presence.
Baz
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,824

Post#67 » by Baz » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:02 pm

DJ_3_Ball wrote:

No early 90s Mavs fan will ever call Mark Cuban a jerk. That actually makes me pretty heated. My childhood was spent watching Donald Hoge and Loren Meyer and Mike freaking Iuzzolino spare me to death and a good season was winning 20 games. And I watched all 82 every sorry losing season!! I lived for the NBA draft lottery, and every year I watched the Mavs F it up. Until they drafted Jim Jackson, but then they were so bad he wouldn't even sign here. Also, Don Carter was being a cheapskate!!!

I was floored when Don Carter was recognized as some praiseworthy former owner after the 2011 championship. Carter sat on his ass for over a decade and did nothing to make this franchise any better. He didn't spend any money. He wasn't invested. That's the real jerk.

I don't wanna hear about Mark Cuban being a jerk. He made being a Mavs fan fun, and he's done it for 22 years! Mark invented MFFL. He answers emails. He's accessible to the media and he genuinely cares about the Mavs; more than you do, more than I do. He's not perfect, but he's the perfect owner.

Mark is a great guy. This is off topic but my nephew was visiting from overseas and he adores the Mavs so I wanted to surprise him with something special. I emailed Mark and he responded and put us in the tunnel for the high five line. The fact he responded and organised that for us meant so much. I simply can't slander the man. He isn't perfect, but he is certainly not a jerk. He loves the fans.
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#68 » by JD45 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:17 pm

I think Cuban keeps his gambling buddy, then hires Finley as the figure head GM. Then hires Becky Hammon as coach. They might be good at their jobs, but Cuban will do it for the Woke PR credits.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,132

Post#69 » by daoneandonly » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:24 pm

DJ_3_Ball wrote:

You're forgetting (and disrespecting) a guy by the name of Dirk Nowitzki by heaping so much praise on Mark. Dirk was the reason for the Mavs success and title. Be heated all you want, Cuban lucked into buying a team with Dirk. And if not for Cuban, Dirk would be a multi time champion
JJP
Pro Prospect
And1: 172

Post#70 » by JJP » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:26 pm

JD45 wrote:I think Cuban keeps his gambling buddy, then hires Finley as the figure head GM. Then hires Becky Hammon as coach. They might be good at their jobs, but Cuban will do it for the Woke PR credits.

There's a lot to like about Cuban... it's just that he's not very good at inter-office politics. That's been true forever. The Don Nelson issue a decade ago was a public fiasco with a lawsuit. The inappropriate sexual workplace was management with deaf ears. This latest stuff was his inability to read a room, and see that people were straying out of their lanes of responsibility.

None of that means he's a bad owner. It means he's a poor manager of operations, and the lines between responsibilities aren't clear enough. My guess is that much of the time, he just assumes he's the smartest guy in the room.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,350

Post#71 » by Archx » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:34 pm

JD45 wrote:I think Cuban keeps his gambling buddy, then hires Finley as the figure head GM. Then hires Becky Hammon as coach. They might be good at their jobs, but Cuban will do it for the Woke PR credits.

Would Becky really be that bad? I mean she's getting praises from all coaching corners and she's been around for a while. Same goes for Finley. I think he's been Cuban's right hand man for over 7 years now, he does have some experience aswell.
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#72 » by JD45 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:05 am

Archx wrote:

Would Becky really be that bad? I mean she's getting praises from all coaching corners and she's been around for a while. Same goes for Finley. I think he's been Cuban's right hand man for over 7 years now, he does have some experience aswell.

I didn't mean they would be bad. They could be really good. I was just commenting on why I think Cuban would do it.

Its certainly possible to make the right choice for the wrong reasons.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man

Post#73 » by DJ_3_Ball » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:30 am

daoneandonly wrote:You're forgetting (and disrespecting) a guy by the name of Dirk Nowitzki by heaping so much praise on Mark. Dirk was the reason for the Mavs success and title. Be heated all you want, Cuban lucked into buying a team with Dirk. And if not for Cuban, Dirk would be a multi time champion

What a joke response. Seriously. Smh...
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#74 » by daoneandonly » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:39 am

DJ_3_Ball wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:You're forgetting (and disrespecting) a guy by the name of Dirk Nowitzki by heaping so much praise on Mark. Dirk was the reason for the Mavs success and title. Be heated all you want, Cuban lucked into buying a team with Dirk. And if not for Cuban, Dirk would be a multi time champion

Just stop, you have a Cuban complex so just ignore my posts. I don't need to talk to one of Cuban's minions or stans
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man

Post#75 » by DJ_3_Ball » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:43 am

daoneandonly wrote:
DJ_3_Ball wrote:

Just stop, you have a Cuban complex so just ignore my posts. I don't need to talk to one of Cuban's minions or stans

And you're biased and ridiculous. I'm not a Cuban employee. Maybe I am a stan. I suffered through early 90s Mavs basketball. Mark Cuban gave this team pride & a championship. So again, I will not tolerate anyone disrespecting him. Not in my presence.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#76 » by daoneandonly » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:47 am

DJ_3_Ball wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
DJ_3_Ball wrote:

And you're biased and ridiculous. I'm not a Cuban employee. Maybe I am a stan. I suffered through early 90s Mavs basketball. Mark Cuban gave this team pride & a championship. So again, I will not tolerate anyone disrespecting him. Not in my presence.

You act like you're the only Mavs fan from the 90s, you're not. I remember them vividly, Dallas getting hosed in the lottery when Shaq, penny, and c Webb came out. The terrible trades of kids, mash, and Jimmy. Cuban wasn't the reason for the turnaround, it was having a top 15-20 greatest player of all time. If you don't see that, there's nothing left to say
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 37,035

Post#77 » by Dirk » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:47 am

You can both be right.

Cuban did good things and got lucky as well and in an ideal world there would have been more success. He has been a good owner overall , I don't think it can be disputed, particularly comparing with the rest of the NBA.

This week has been a train-wreck and he is too blame. Like... his inability to properly address that article the other day is not good. It snowballed from there.

The week is so bad that earlier today, he was all over the crypto news because he lost a few millions gambling some money.

Read on Twitter

https://www.newsweek.com/mark-cuban-hit-titan-crypto-crash-price-near-zero-1601481

And then later today the coach is gone.

He needs to re-focus. Put his best efforts into recruiting the best candidate for the GM job. Be humble and not meddle. And then stop coming off like a sort of crypto degenerate like the Bob character --- who we are yet to receive confirmation that he is 100% gone from whatever position he held with the team.
60/21/10
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#78 » by daoneandonly » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:51 am

Crypto degenerate, mist accurate description I've ever heard of him
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man

Post#79 » by DJ_3_Ball » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:47 am

Now that Seth is flourishing in Philly, I've heard all of this "OMG! That trade was so bad" talk. I remember being on this forum last year talking about "Why the hell is THJ getting so many more minutes than Steph?" There were games were Carlisle sat Seth until he needed to sub in a free throw shooter with 12 seconds to go & the Mavs inbounding with a 3 point lead.

I remember wanting to pull my hair out with the up & down, inconsistent minutes Carlisle was giving Delon. Btw, I won my fantasy hoops league this year & Delon Wright is a big reason why. I moved Kemba Walker for him. The league almost rejected that trade, but dude was a stud in DET and then when he went to SAC he was great off the bench when Fox went down and an absolute fantasy BEAST when Haliburton also went down (reportedly Voulgaris was pounding the table for the Mavs to move up to get Haliburton this year for all of the OMG Saddiq "12.64 PER" Bey stans on this forum).

Why is it that 2 very capable players, borderline star players. Certainly starters find themselves riding the bench for Rick Carlisle? This isn't the first time this has happened. Darren Collison comes to mind. There's many examples.

I'll just say it. I'm glad to see Carlisle go. Also, just listened to MacMahon on the Lowe Post. He called Carlisle & Luka's relationship "dicey"
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,951

Post#80 » by arkuo » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:16 am

With Carlisle gone, Brunson can now be traded.

He was just drafted because his dad was friends with Rick. Now that part of the equation is gone.

Return to Dallas Mavericks