ImageImageImage

Around the league -- Mavs board edition

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,854

Re: Around the league -- Mavs board edition 

Post#801 » by ChipotleWest » Mon May 13, 2024 12:19 am

If Mavs advance past OKC which isn't guaranteed yet, I wonder if it would be better to face Denver than Minnesota? Because does Luka need yet another physical hardnose defensive team in Minnesota? Although neither team has a Dort.
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,182

Post#802 » by GermanFan120 » Mon May 13, 2024 12:22 am

ChipotleWest wrote:If Mavs advance past OKC which isn't guaranteed yet, I wonder if it would be better to face Denver than Minnesota? Because does Luka need yet another physical hardnose defensive team in Minnesota? Although neither team has a Dort.

I'm still rooting for Nuggets to advance, but it will be completed reliant to how the game was officiated.
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#803 » by ChipotleWest » Mon May 13, 2024 12:55 am

I thought Minnesota had this series in the bag after winning both games in Denver, but Denver has fought back. They're looking good so far in Game 4.
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach

Post#804 » by GermanFan120 » Mon May 13, 2024 1:45 am

ChipotleWest wrote:I thought Minnesota had this series in the bag after winning both games in Denver, but Denver has fought back. They're looking good so far in Game 4.

Wolves are only good when refs are blind. Game 2 was not a statement game but a jokingly art created by refs who should be investigated for match fixing.
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#805 » by ChipotleWest » Mon May 13, 2024 2:30 am

If it's Dallas vs. Denver literally no one would give the Mavs a chance to win that series, which I'd kind of understand but I think they could surprise, maybe.

The only thing and it's just a broken record but, Luka's knee.
tleikheen
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,036

Post#806 » by tleikheen » Mon May 13, 2024 3:15 am

If it's Dallas vs. Denver literally no one would give the Mavs a chance to win that series, which I'd kind of understand but I think they could surprise, maybe.

What about Murrays ankle....... Ohhhh when you're playing good ,it's temporarily forgotten ...again .

Playoffs are mostly a grind when 2 teams are evenly matched and Mavs if they play tough should win and every time I see Dort being really aggressive against Luka then I expect Luka at 6'7"/235# to bounce the 6'3"/215# Dort back and get what he wants ....but he's been missing his short shots.
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#807 » by ChipotleWest » Mon May 13, 2024 4:13 am

tleikheen wrote:

What about Murrays ankle....... Ohhhh when you're playing good ,it's temporarily forgotten ...again .

Playoffs are mostly a grind when 2 teams are evenly matched and Mavs if they play tough should win and every time I see Dort being really aggressive against Luka then I expect Luka at 6'7"/235# to bounce the 6'3"/215# Dort back and get what he wants ....but he's been missing his short shots.

You defended Porzingis when I criticized him, now you're defending Murray about his injury like you're a doctor, yet always down on Luka not even accepting that a knee injury can effect a 3 point shot or that maybe his sprain knee is more serious than Murray's calf strain. It's weird that you spend all your time in the Mavs section but seem to hate Luka and/or the Mavs. But you do you, keep up this "shtick" if you want.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,152

Post#808 » by ozwizard8 » Mon May 13, 2024 9:38 am

GermanFan120 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:I thought Minnesota had this series in the bag after winning both games in Denver, but Denver has fought back. They're looking good so far in Game 4.

Wolves are only good when refs are blind. Game 2 was not a statement game but a jokingly art created by refs who should be investigated for match fixing.

Exactly this. In G1 and G2, Denver weren't even allowed to dribble the ball. Similar to our G1-2 where Kyrie-Luka wasn't allowed to dribble or use screen by the refs.
Now Jokic-Murray can dribble and they call some fouls, its much easier for Denver as it should be. They are the clearly better team.

Mavs-Nuggets would be an amazing matchup. In all of the league I'd only want to avoid Denver and perhaps Boston with some ref support and coming from very easy path.

Luka vs Jokic, Murray vs Kyrie. I feel like they have better starting 5. But we would have some chance for sure. I'd not say we have any chance before the trade deadline.

How did we end up with Gafford-PJ for just a pick and a switch while dumping contracts?? Amazing trade.
PHX, OKC must bang their heads to the wall for not getting Gafford who is on bargain contract for a young, mobile starter level center.
Special thanks for Sam Presti for Lively, PJ-GAfford. He gifted Alperen Sengun to Rockets and Lively to us. He wants to make up between OK and TX with those gifts :lol:
tleikheen
Assistant Coach

Post#809 » by tleikheen » Mon May 13, 2024 6:49 pm

ou defended Porzingis when I criticized him, now you're defending Murray about his injury like you're a doctor, yet always down on Luka not even accepting that a knee injury can effect a 3 point shot or that maybe his sprain knee is more serious than Murray's calf strain. It's weird that you spend all your time in the Mavs section but seem to hate Luka and/or the Mavs. But you do you, keep up this "shtick" if you want.

Your so full of sh*t ..... I have backed up Luka many ,many ,many times for being a tough a$$ warrior out there BUT your a crybaby with excuses for Luka and the Mavs if they lose not getting it in your head they have won a series and ready to take a commanding 3 games to 1 lead if they win tonight. Just like Murray grinding ,just like Brunson grinding on hurt legs ....this is common in the playoffs ,just like Lebron did last year on his foot. The best players play banged up. Quit misquoting other fans and LYING about there posts because they dont agree with your whining and ready excuses if the game doesnt go the way YOU LIKE IT TO GO.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,995

Post#810 » by Mavrelous » Mon May 13, 2024 7:01 pm

tleikheen wrote:
ou defended Porzingis when I criticized him, now you're defending Murray about his injury like you're a doctor, yet always down on Luka not even accepting that a knee injury can effect a 3 point shot or that maybe his sprain knee is more serious than Murray's calf strain. It's weird that you spend all your time in the Mavs section but seem to hate Luka and/or the Mavs. But you do you, keep up this "shtick" if you want.

Your so full of sh*t ..... I have backed up Luka many ,many ,many times for being a tough a$$ warrior out there BUT your a crybaby with excuses for Luka and the Mavs if they lose not getting it in your head they have won a series and ready to take a commanding 3 games to 1 lead if they win tonight. Just like Murray grinding ,just like Brunson grinding on hurt legs ....this is common in the playoffs ,just like Lebron did last year on his foot. The best players play banged up. Quit misquoting other fans and LYING about there posts because they dont agree with your whining and ready excuses if the game doesnt go the way YOU LIKE IT TO GO.

Yeah, this is too far, don't insult others, don't make everything personal.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,225

Post#811 » by Archx » Mon May 13, 2024 7:03 pm

tleikheen wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:you defended Porzingis when I criticized him, now you're defending Murray about his injury like you're a doctor, yet always down on Luka not even accepting that a knee injury can effect a 3 point shot or that maybe his sprain knee is more serious than Murray's calf strain. It's weird that you spend all your time in the Mavs section but seem to hate Luka and/or the Mavs. But you do you, keep up this "shtick" if you want.

You could have also said "Sry man i have no clue what i am talking about lets move on" ... But you decide to go on a rant about something you have no clue about.

I'm actually impressed.
tleikheen
Assistant Coach

Post#812 » by tleikheen » Mon May 13, 2024 7:46 pm

One of the not talked about play of Luka and his banged up body is that Mavs are playing great defense w/Luka playing 40.7 mpg . Minnesota ,the best defense this year (reg season) is holding playoff opponents to 103 ppg and the Mavs are holding their opponent to 103.3 ppg.
Playing perimeter defense against SGA and JDub is not easy as opposed to playing offense but yet Luka is playing heavy minutes while the Mavs are playing winning defense ...so far.
tleikheen
Assistant Coach

Post#813 » by tleikheen » Mon May 13, 2024 7:51 pm

You could have also said "Sry man i have no clue what i am talking about lets move on" ... But you decide to go on a rant about something you have no clue about.

I'm actually impressed.

Interesting ....I watch every game while commenting throughout the game here and the General board and reddit AND no one says I dont have a clue what Im talking about ...... you're a johnny come lately with your comments ,usually to sh*t on others comments well after the games.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,905

Post#814 » by Dirk » Mon May 13, 2024 7:59 pm

Direct that anger towards Dort's flops guys. :lol:
60/21/10
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#815 » by ChipotleWest » Mon May 13, 2024 8:14 pm

Pistons are looking at different execs, including Dallas' Dennis Lindsey.

https://archive.is/EJsS1#selection-2641.37-2641.51
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach

Post#816 » by GermanFan120 » Wed May 15, 2024 12:38 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
Archx wrote:Wolves scare me the most if Mavs win vs OKC. That team is deep and strong on almost any position. I want Nuggets to win because at least on paper it looks like the easier matchup.

I don't see DEN coming back from this, they demoralized them...

Quote of the day. :D
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach

Post#817 » by GermanFan120 » Wed May 15, 2024 12:40 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
GermanFan120 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:Wolves gonna win the whole thing. Damn, next season.

I won't write Nuggets off the wall yet unless they lose game 3. Remember Houston beat Mavs in Dallas twice to start the series?

Exactly, happens about once every 20 years. Nuggets are done.

Nuggets are done now? :)
MassimoPayne
Sophomore
And1: 95

Post#818 » by MassimoPayne » Wed May 15, 2024 1:43 pm

MassimoPayne wrote:I suspect Nuggets are coming back and generating the mental state out of that to win another championship

Still my take
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,995

Post#819 » by Mavrelous » Wed May 15, 2024 2:22 pm

GermanFan120 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:
Archx wrote:Wolves scare me the most if Mavs win vs OKC. That team is deep and strong on almost any position. I want Nuggets to win because at least on paper it looks like the easier matchup.

I don't see DEN coming back from this, they demoralized them...

Quote of the day. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Note to self, never underestimate the Joker, he DMed this
Read on Twitter
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,868

Post#820 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed May 15, 2024 2:32 pm

Gobert is a joke DPOY.
Kat is a joke soft ass.
Ant is a clown (but he is really good. Damn.)

Jokic is da king.

Return to Dallas Mavericks