Re: The Basketball Illuminati: June FA Summit featuring D-Wade 

Post#21 » by Xenopathic Investigator » Thu May 27, 2010 10:28 pm

thank you.
ahonui06
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#22 » by ahonui06 » Thu May 27, 2010 11:18 pm

This June summit is going to be hilarious. Nothing will come out of it whatsoever.
mffl_14
Sixth Man
And1: 18

Post#23 » by mffl_14 » Thu May 27, 2010 11:28 pm

JES12 wrote:
DesignatedDrunk wrote:
JES12 wrote:I find it amazing that Maverick fans think there is a better chance of Dirk leasing to play with one other good player than it is for one other good player to play with Dirk, Kidd, Marion, Butler, Roddy, Terry, and Haywood. Simply amazes me at how we have these drunks on this forum.

All the big FAs want to play with our old jumpshooting team. :roll:
get real.

When he only thing your team lacks is their presense, it makes for a perfect fit. Chris Paul is not going to look to join Utah even if Williams is a a young all-star, but Lebron would definately concider Dallas if what he provides the the thing we are missing. He needs people who can actually make a shot or be in the right spot when he penetrates. Also, if he has an off night, we have the crew to step up. Neith dirk nor Lebron had that assurance on their 2009-10 teams.

JES your the only one making sense here
2011Champs
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#24 » by 2011Champs » Fri May 28, 2010 12:54 am

JES12 wrote: concider

Ok you win. But would you please please PLEASE!!!! learn at least how to spell consider.

Cider is a beverage made with apples. Its consider not conCIDER :D

But get back to me at the start of the season when Lebron is NOT a Maverick.
2011Champs
General Manager

Post#25 » by 2011Champs » Fri May 28, 2010 1:02 am

Xenopathic Investigator wrote:maybe. At least he'll win something for god's sake. Dammit its not even about basketball anymore its respect for another human being. Obviously Stern (quasi)banned cuban from winning titles so send Dirk to a non-banned team like the celtics.

Ok??? You are the only one that is allowed to say Dirk is better off on another team????
Someone agrees with you and then they are a troll.
You are a freak dude.
JES12
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#26 » by JES12 » Fri May 28, 2010 1:41 am

DesignatedDrunk wrote:
JES12 wrote: concider

Ok you win. But would you please please PLEASE!!!! learn at least how to spell consider.
No deal. I suck at typing and spelling and will admit that any day.

But get back to me at the start of the season when Lebron is NOT a Maverick.
And you get back to me when he is in NY or Chicago. Those are two teams I feel comfortable saying we have a better chance than. I still think staying in Cleveland is the biggest chane, but if he leaves, Dallas has a pretty good chance.
f l u r p
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 54

Post#27 » by f l u r p » Fri May 28, 2010 2:24 am

I'm a bit curious why Dirk isn't mentioned at all when these FA discussions are going on. The only thing I can figure is that everyone just assumes that he'll resign with the Mavs and his opting out leaves zero chance of him leaving.

Personally, I wouldn't blame him a bit if he left and I have to say, if he could land with LeBron or Wade somewhere else, I'd be really happy for him.

Of course I'd love to see one of the big FA's decide to come join Dirk in Dallas but I think that's a pipe dream. Let's face it. No star FA's want to play here. They never have and I don't see that changing any time soon.
JES12
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#28 » by JES12 » Fri May 28, 2010 2:59 am

f l u r p wrote: Let's face it. No star FA's want to play here. They never have and I don't see that changing any time soon.
blah, blah, blah. Same crap I hear every year. Tell me flurp, when was last time in the Cuban era we had more than the MLE? Obviously no "star" will settle for the MLE except Redd and maybe Gortat (if he pans out). Hell, even Marcus Camby at grandpa age got $10 mil/yr.

Now we have that ability and you want to pre-judge based on totally useless and unparallel situations? I would have expected more out of you, but I guess everyone is susceptible to believe based off fallacies.
2011Champs
General Manager

Post#29 » by 2011Champs » Fri May 28, 2010 6:49 pm

JES12 wrote:
DesignatedDrunk wrote:But get back to me at the start of the season when Lebron is NOT a Maverick.
And you get back to me when he is in NY or Chicago. Those are two teams I feel comfortable saying we have a better chance than. I still think staying in Cleveland is the biggest chane, but if he leaves, Dallas has a pretty good chance.

I agree with you completely that Cleveland has the best chance to sign Lebron. I really think Dallas chance is barely above 0%. I strongly disagree about your stance on Lebron even considering Dallas as a destination.

Dallas is just not a free agent/sign and trade destination for superstars in their prime.
The focus for Dallas needs to be finding that next unknown gem in the draft via trading for pick(s). That is our only chance at getting a superstar and have them here throughout their prime.
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,795

Post#30 » by dirkforpres » Fri May 28, 2010 9:17 pm

Here is how the summit is gonna go down...
-None of the players will end up meeting
-Their agents might call eachother once, maybe twice
-None of the other players opinions will affect any of the others decisions... In the end, if there is an offer to go to a team like Dallas, the Lakers, etc., they wont turn it down or care what the others stance is.
FIRE JASON KIDD
styLesdavis
Rookie
And1: 540

Post#31 » by styLesdavis » Thu Jun 3, 2010 7:23 pm

JES12 wrote:
f l u r p wrote: Let's face it. No star FA's want to play here. They never have and I don't see that changing any time soon.
blah, blah, blah. Same crap I hear every year. Tell me flurp, when was last time in the Cuban era we had more than the MLE? Obviously no "star" will settle for the MLE except Redd and maybe Gortat (if he pans out). Hell, even Marcus Camby at grandpa age got $10 mil/yr.

Now we have that ability and you want to pre-judge based on totally useless and unparallel situations? I would have expected more out of you, but I guess everyone is susceptible to believe based off fallacies.

... and when was the last time in the Cuban era or even 5 years earlier when there even was a major free agent ? I think the biggest was Shaq in the mid 90s.

Return to Dallas Mavericks