Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Lord Cuban
Analyst
And1: 1,895

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope 

Post#1 » by Lord Cuban » Fri Jul 7, 2017 4:16 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I would love to have him on the Roster with Dennis Smith Jr....
Dallas Mavericks 2011 NBA Champions!!!
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,832

Re: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope 

Post#2 » by dirkforpres » Fri Jul 7, 2017 4:18 pm

Lord Cuban wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I would love to have him on the Roster with Dennis Smith Jr....

Can't afford him and Noel, unless they take pay cuts or we find someone to take Matthews or Powell
FIRE JASON KIDD
Lord Cuban
Analyst
And1: 1,895

Post#3 » by Lord Cuban » Fri Jul 7, 2017 4:22 pm

dirkforpres wrote:Can't afford him and Noel, unless they take pay cuts or we find someone to take Matthews or Powell

We just need someone to take Matthews... The Kings could have been the Team last week...
Dallas Mavericks 2011 NBA Champions!!!
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,832

Post#4 » by dirkforpres » Fri Jul 7, 2017 4:34 pm

Lord Cuban wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:Can't afford him and Noel, unless they take pay cuts or we find someone to take Matthews or Powell

We just need someone to take Matthews... The Kings could have been the Team last week...

The Kings should've been that team 2 years ago. Awful contract then, awful contract now. Dallas supposedly has all these grand plans for the 2018 offseason, I can't imagine why they would want him to be part of the team past the trade deadline.
FIRE JASON KIDD
JamesConway
Sixth Man
And1: 1,014

Post#5 » by JamesConway » Fri Jul 7, 2017 4:47 pm

Not only do we not have enoug money to throw around, we're also busy planning a full offseason ahead for Seth Curry and the right to overpay that dude. And then you also have to factor in corner stone Wes Matthews in the SG-rotation.

I'd love this to be otherwise but I really don't see us getting into that. Which is a shame. Smith | KCP | Barnes | Noel makes a lot more sense to me roster building-wise than doing this weird Seth + Wes thing. Wes is too old to be Smith's backcourt mate of the future and Curry is just a horrendous fit alongside Smith.

KCP would check all the boxex (young, productive two-way SG who isn't ball-dominant) and the market situation is extremely interesting but yeah this isn't gonna happen. Atlanta, Brooklyn, Chicago -- one of those teams will probably get a steal here now that DET has pulled of this weird offseason. I was almost entirely against chasing KCP in RFA but this changes everything now. I could see him sign for something pretty team-friendly now that the market has dried up this much.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 826

Post#6 » by Darren » Fri Jul 7, 2017 5:14 pm

KCP to Dallas
Wes for a third team
Something from third team and pick considerations (Golden States and Miami's second rounders) to Detriot

e.g.
KCP and Boban to Dallas
Wes and Miami second to OKC
Kanter, OKC first and Golden States second to Detriot
Darren
RealGM

Post#7 » by Darren » Fri Jul 7, 2017 5:45 pm

arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#8 » by arkuo » Fri Jul 7, 2017 6:30 pm

It would have been ideal to have KCP play alongside DSJ.

6'6". 24 years young. Both younger and taller than Wes. No guarantees he'll be a star, but at this point, I can bet on KCP being good under Carlisle by the time he hits 28. That's more upside than cornerstone Wes.

Man, I wish we could send Matthews to a 3rd team. Van Gundy has an infatuation with Yogi Ferrel. Any chance he gets shipped to Detroit? Say, Yogi + Wes for a S&T KCP.
Darren
RealGM

Post#9 » by Darren » Fri Jul 7, 2017 6:44 pm

arkuo wrote:It would have been ideal to have KCP play alongside DSJ.

6'6". 24 years young. Both younger and taller than Wes. No guarantees he'll be a star, but at this point, I can bet on KCP being good under Carlisle by the time he hits 28. That's more upside than cornerstone Wes.

Man, I wish we could send Matthews to a 3rd team. Van Gundy has an infatuation with Yogi Ferrel. Any chance he gets shipped to Detroit? Say, Yogi + Wes for a S&T KCP.

They just get Avery Bradley. Unless Wes can start at 3, I don't see them taking him. Probably, a third team has to be involved. But quite clearly, Yogi can be ideal for them. They can match everything. However, if we can't retain 25-30M cap room to operate next summer, you'd better forget it.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#10 » by ejs78 » Fri Jul 7, 2017 7:10 pm

I live in Detroit and yes hes younger than Wes, but you don't want him either.

He was hoping the Pistons would give him the max and then offered him 5/$80
Darren
RealGM

Post#11 » by Darren » Fri Jul 7, 2017 7:53 pm

ejs78 wrote:I live in Detroit and yes hes younger than Wes, but you don't want him either.

5/$60 is more possible.
Pointguard01
RealGM
And1: 223

Post#12 » by Pointguard01 » Fri Jul 7, 2017 11:06 pm

Darren wrote:
ejs78 wrote:I live in Detroit and yes hes younger than Wes, but you don't want him either.

5/$60 is more possible.

Dallas current has $5+K cap space. If we didn't take Josh McRoberts and traded Harris expiring contract (4-mill), we could have given him a starting salary of ~$15K easily and still resigned Noel.

Now, maybe Dallas doesn't like him as much, but we threw away our chance already.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Darren
RealGM

Post#13 » by Darren » Thu Dec 7, 2017 5:39 am

KCP is quite inconsistent. For the same money, we could sign Will Barton and get another upgrade to our bench for another position. I think we're okay not taking him. If we end up with Michael Potter, signing KCP could become a huge mistake.

Return to Dallas Mavericks