ImageImageImage

Has Nerlens Noel been officially signed yet?

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,996

Re: Has Nerlens Noel been officially signed yet? 

Post#101 » by HMFFL » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:52 pm

Where in the World Is Nerlens Noel?
He was supposed to be a sought-after free agent, but he’s stuck at an impasse with Dallas. What happened?

https://theringer.com/nerlens-noel-dallas-mavericks-nba-free-agency-1a3967a8c1cd
Hadley
Junior
And1: 182

Re: RE: Re: Has Nerlens Noel been officially signed yet? 

Post#102 » by Hadley » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:08 pm

Darren wrote:
Basketballmania wrote:
Hadley wrote:I hope he takes the QO and is out next Year. This clearly show how immature and stupid he is. Probably has the McGee Syndom and thinks he is the next fücking Shaq!

As already mentioned, this is more about his agent than him...

Actually, JaVale McGee has better number per 36 minutes in 2016/17 season. 23 PPG, 11.9 RPG, 3.3 BPG. That's ridiculous statsline.

On the Warriors thats not that hard. I bet he has a ridiculous Plus/Minus too, because its the GSW...

And per36 Stats for Benchplayers who play 10minutes are really not comparable to a Starter.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,260

Post#103 » by brackdan70 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:36 pm

Any new news? Whats the feeling here.

hope you guys can sign him to a fair deal for both sides. I honestly thought some team would throw out a 4/80 offer sheet and Dallas would match early in free agency. shows what I know :)
Sign here
HoopsMalone
Veteran
And1: 1,548

Post#104 » by HoopsMalone » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:57 am

This deal is potentially a really nice trading chip before the deadline. I can think of several teams that would love to add Noel

Teams who are trying to strengthen their playoff roster but are pushing up against or are already in the tax like houston, Spurs, clippers, Portland, Minnesota, Cleveland, wizards, and Celtics are obvious candidates. I think most would flip a late first + cheap developmental player without thinking twice.

Also teams like the Knicks, hawks, bulls, pacers, suns who are just desperate for talent to jumpstart their rebuild would be interested if it gave them the inside track to extend him.

Or they could look to package him with Wes Matthews contract to get an expiring deal and add cap room.
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 847

Post#105 » by Teffer10 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:50 pm

HoopsMalone wrote:This deal is potentially a really nice trading chip before the deadline. I can think of several teams that would love to add Noel

Teams who are trying to strengthen their playoff roster but are pushing up against or are already in the tax like houston, Spurs, clippers, Portland, Minnesota, Cleveland, wizards, and Celtics are obvious candidates. I think most would flip a late first + cheap developmental player without thinking twice.

Also teams like the Knicks, hawks, bulls, pacers, suns who are just desperate for talent to jumpstart their rebuild would be interested if it gave them the inside track to extend him.

Or they could look to package him with Wes Matthews contract to get an expiring deal and add cap room.

I can see where some might think he has no trade value but I tend to agree with you that we might be able to pick up something from a strong contender that would give up a late first and a young promising player. Hell, maybe Boston would be willing to give up one of their picks and a young player for him just to get them over the top. Doubtful but who knows.

Although he would be a rental that small salary should be easy to move and if we would be willing to take back a somewhat bad contract we might even get a really nice pick. We could also possibly include Curry if a DSJ/Curry backcourt doesn't become good chemistry.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#106 » by arkuo » Sat Sep 2, 2017 9:50 pm

Teffer10 wrote:We could also possibly include Curry if a DSJ/Curry backcourt doesn't become good chemistry.

The Curry - DSJ backcourt should work. One ball dominant and the other can shoot all day. What I'm more worried about here is how Cuban and company will handle the Curry contract situation again now that he's a UFA. If Cuban gives Curry more than $17M annually then that's just absurd. Imagining how would Noel feel. :lol:

Return to Dallas Mavericks