ImageImageImage

OT: Cuban Is 'Seriously Considering' Running for President

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Lord Cuban
Analyst
And1: 1,895

OT: Cuban Is 'Seriously Considering' Running for President 

Post#1 » by Lord Cuban » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:50 am

Billionaire business mogul Mark Cuban said he'd "definitely be running" for president if he was single.

The owner of the NBA's Dallas Mavericks and star of ABC's "Shark Tank" made the comment Thursday at a conference in Atlanta, the Atlanta Journal Constitution reported.

"If I was single, I'd definitely be running," he said.

Cuban said he was "seriously considering" running, hinting that maybe he'll run as an independent.

"I don't know," Cuban said. "I'm for smaller government ... I think there is a healthcare solution."

Cuban has teased a potential 2020 bid for the presidency for much of 2017.

Recently, he said in an interview with former Democratic South Carolina state Rep. Bakari Sellers on Sellers' podcast ViewPoint, Cuban said he was "seriously considering" a run for the White House.

"Considering, yes," Cuban said. "Ready to commit to it, no."

Later the same day, in an interview with CNBC, Cuban said he is "actively considering" a presidential bid, though he added there's a 90% chance he will not run.

"Based off what's happening in the White House, based off what's happening in the country and the world, we need better leadership," Cuban said. "And I think I could do a better job. But there's a lot more to it than just thinking you can do a better job and so, I'm not ready to make the commitment."

"It's not my all-time dream to be president of the United States," he added.

Read More: https://www.inc.com/business-insider/mark-cuban-considering-running-for-president-definitely-if-he-was-single-elections-2020.html
Dallas Mavericks 2011 NBA Champions!!!
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,815

Re: OT: Cuban Is 'Seriously Considering' Running for President 

Post#2 » by dirkforpres » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:41 am

Cuban doesn’t have a chance. I’m not even a Trump fan, but he would lose worse than Hillary
FIRE JASON KIDD
Baz
Rookie
And1: 1,567

Post#3 » by Baz » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:28 am

Wouldn't work. Trump has already run the campaign he would've run. He would make a much better president than the one currently in office though. Well.. a monkey could but y'know...
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,015

Post#4 » by Mr B » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:30 am

Don’t be so sure. After 3 more years of Trump this country will likely vote for anyone else but him. I will say though that it Cuban is the best candidate this country is going even further in the toilet than it already is.
Soupman
Assistant Coach
And1: 759

Post#5 » by Soupman » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:56 am

He should run as a Libertarian. He has the money to run a national campaign and he's neither too left(like Sanders) or too right(like Trump).
With his name recognition he doesn't have to worry about getting the nomination or even getting on TV. Democrats dislike Trump so much by then they will vote for Cuban. A lot of conservatives that are tired of Trump will vote for Cuban.
Convert municipal and agricultural waste to refined natural gas. Sell the refined natural gas to gas companies. Use the money to provide a monthly basic income to people that earn less than $28,000 a year.
Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,039

Post#6 » by Roddy B for 3 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:59 pm

He would be awful. The dudes an embarrassment half the time.

What qualifies Cuban to be a president other than the fact that he did simple radio over internet set ups before anyone else and then he sold before the tech bubble pooped?

Other than that all he has done is run the Mavs (run Nelson out of town) and appear on "Shark Tank" he's rude and loud. The only forgivable part is he is usually only rude to the people that are ruder than him. He thinks he's the smartest guy in the room, because he dabbles in many things, but we do not hear about his net worth growing.

I would vote Cuban > Trump. I would not put him before to many of the Dems from the last primaries and I would put several Republicans ahead of him too. Politicians are leaders. At least Trump knows how to get people to vote for him.

Cuban would be a less successfull Marco Rubio. Trade jabs with Trump. He wouldn't win the voters who like that because he wouldn't go far enough. And he wouldn't win over the voters who want to hear policy only, because (like Trump) his ideas are half baked.

At least it would get him out of the Mavs. Maybe he would hand the reigns to Donnie who would share responsibility with Rick.

He sold Broadcast.com for 5.7 Million, he is worth in the 3 Billion range now. The dude can't be to smart. Cuban took advantage of the system. Trump games the system. AT LEAST DONALD J. TRUMP IS SUCCESSFUL, IT MIGHT BE IN MORALLY BAD WAYS, BUT AT LEAST HE STARTS CONVERSATIONS. Trump is like starving. Cuban is mostly empty calories. Puff and fluff.

He has been getting the traditional ownership thing for awhile now. He let Nash walk, he let Tyson walk, he messed up on Noel, he dipped out of the D.Will interview, he bet big on Parsons when Bledsoe was gettable, he sold us Kaman Mayo and Collision for a year!! He's not spending like he used to. He has won some trades tho. Thedynasty was a product of Dirk by way of Nelly and Holger.
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
Captain_Obvious
Lead Assistant
And1: 923

Post#7 » by Captain_Obvious » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:07 pm

Mavs 2020 champs by presidential decree?

I like it :)
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,005

Post#8 » by HMFFL » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:44 pm

dirkforpres wrote:Cuban doesn’t have a chance. I’m not even a Trump fan, but he would lose worse than Hillary

I don't believe Hilary stands a chance at this point.
Does Cuban? Probably not, but I also won't take Cuban serious, until I see him actually running.
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,815

Post#9 » by dirkforpres » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:08 pm

HMFFL wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:Cuban doesn’t have a chance. I’m not even a Trump fan, but he would lose worse than Hillary

I don't believe Hilary stands a chance at this point.
Does Cuban? Probably not, but I also won't take Cuban serious, until I see him actually running.

I meant he would lose worse than Hillary in 2016
FIRE JASON KIDD
Mr B
RealGM

Post#10 » by Mr B » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:34 pm

Roddy B for 3 wrote:He would be awful. The dudes an embarrassment half the time.

What qualifies Cuban to be a president other than the fact that he did simple radio over internet set ups before anyone else and then he sold before the tech bubble pooped?

Other than that all he has done is run the Mavs (run Nelson out of town) and appear on "Shark Tank" he's rude and loud. The only forgivable part is he is usually only rude to the people that are ruder than him. He thinks he's the smartest guy in the room, because he dabbles in many things, but we do not hear about his net worth growing.

I would vote Cuban > Trump. I would not put him before to many of the Dems from the last primaries and I would put several Republicans ahead of him too. Politicians are leaders. At least Trump knows how to get people to vote for him.

Cuban would be a less successfull Marco Rubio. Trade jabs with Trump. He wouldn't win the voters who like that because he wouldn't go far enough. And he wouldn't win over the voters who want to hear policy only, because (like Trump) his ideas are half baked.

At least it would get him out of the Mavs. Maybe he would hand the reigns to Donnie who would share responsibility with Rick.

He sold Broadcast.com for 5.7 Million, he is worth in the 3 Billion range now. The dude can't be to smart. Cuban took advantage of the system. Trump games the system. AT LEAST DONALD J. TRUMP IS SUCCESSFUL, IT MIGHT BE IN MORALLY BAD WAYS, BUT AT LEAST HE STARTS CONVERSATIONS. Trump is like starving. Cuban is mostly empty calories. Puff and fluff.

He has been getting the traditional ownership thing for awhile now. He let Nash walk, he let Tyson walk, he messed up on Noel, he dipped out of the D.Will interview, he bet big on Parsons when Bledsoe was gettable, he sold us Kaman Mayo and Collision for a year!! He's not spending like he used to. He has won some trades tho. Thedynasty was a product of Dirk by way of Nelly and Holger.

You do know that he doesn’t just a appear on Shark Tank right? That’s actually his show. Not that, that qualifies him to be POTUS just saying.
Pg81
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,661

Post#11 » by Pg81 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:47 am

Mr B wrote:Don’t be so sure. After 3 more years of Trump this country will likely vote for anyone else but him. I will say though that it Cuban is the best candidate this country is going even further in the toilet than it already is.

How would that even be possible? Trump is a science denying buffoon who has little understanding of politics, history and economics. The guy went bankrupt 4 times and people are trying to sell me that he is a "business man". No he is not he is merely profiting from what daddy Trump build for him.

Roddy B for 3 wrote:He would be awful. The dudes an embarrassment half the time.

What qualifications does Trump have? You think Cuban is embarrassing? He is not even half as embarrassing as Trump who is nothing but an orange skinned wig wearing moron whose only saving grace is that he was there at the right time when people were fed up with liberal left leaning rhetoric in the media. Ironically his and Obamas slogan mesh perfectly: "Yes we can make America great again". Apparently that is all the average voter in the US needs to hear to get a boner it seems or they would not fall for snake oil selling salesmen so hard and this is not even the first time it has happened.
Of course the smear campaign from the media against him was outright idiotic and disgusting. Whoever compares him to Hitler is literally a moron of the highest order.
If you're asking me who the Mavs best player is, I'd say Luka. A guy like Delon Wright probably rivals his impact though at this stage in his career. KP may as well if he gets his **** together.
GeorgeMarcus, 17/11/2019
Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,039

Post#12 » by Roddy B for 3 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:23 am

Pg81 wrote:
Mr B wrote:Don’t be so sure. After 3 more years of Trump this country will likely vote for anyone else but him. I will say though that it Cuban is the best candidate this country is going even further in the toilet than it already is.

How would that even be possible? Trump is a science denying buffoon who has little understanding of politics, history and economics. The guy went bankrupt 4 times and people are trying to sell me that he is a "business man". No he is not he is merely profiting from what daddy Trump build for him.

What qualifications does Trump have? You think Cuban is embarrassing? He is not even half as embarrassing as Trump who is nothing but an orange skinned wig wearing moron whose only saving grace is that he was there at the right time when people were fed up with liberal left leaning rhetoric in the media. Ironically his and Obamas slogan mesh perfectly: "Yes we can make America great again". Apparently that is all the average voter in the US needs to hear to get a boner it seems or they would not fall for snake oil selling salesmen so hard and this is not even the first time it has happened.
Of course the smear campaign from the media against him was outright idiotic and disgusting. Whoever compares him to Hitler is literally a moron of the highest order.

I didn't think Trump was qualified.

Trump was good at rallying up the hardcore conservatives. I don't think Cuban can (or maybe would) do that. I don't like either running for president. Just because your a billionaire doesn't mean you'd be a good president. At least Trump inspires people to care (either way) Cuban would just leave people ambivalent. That being said, I would vote Cuban > Trump. I would probably vote for 1000+ people before Cuban tho.

Trump basically didwhat Obama did but targeted at the opposite end of the spectrum. Ibest heard it described as Obama being an earthquake in an ocean and Trump being the resulting Typhon.
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
Mr B
RealGM

Post#13 » by Mr B » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:12 pm

Pg81 wrote:

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I was saying that after 3 more years of the buffoon the people will likely vote for anyone else but Trump.
2011Champs
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#14 » by 2011Champs » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:31 pm

The younger generation is way too sensitive and easily butt hurt. It’s easy to only be concerned with social issues when you live at home bill and responsibility free into your 30’s. (Yes, stereotypical generalization). It’s easy for rich athletes and actors not to care about real world manufacturing jobs and the working class. If you look past Trumps twitter rants and you will find someone with balls to face and address the issues.

Cuban would be much of the same without the Twitter rants. He would be someone that addresses the issues but much more palatable to the participation trophy generation. I would much rather have either Trump or Cuban as President than corrupt career politicians such as Romney, Hillary, Jeb, Bernie, etc. I don’t give a rats ass about some actor’s soft liberal feelings. I care about having employment for you and me and future jobs for our kids. These social issues work themselves out when the majority has a job and a purpose. So yeah, give me Cuban as President, re-elect Trump. I’m fine as long as they focus on job creation for all and work to reform and simplify the crooked IRS.
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#15 » by Pinkyring » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:31 pm

Mr B wrote:

You do know that he doesn’t just a appear on Shark Tank right? That’s actually his show. Not that, that qualifies him to be POTUS just saying.

shark tank isn't his show

Return to Dallas Mavericks