ImageImageImage

The Mavs and NBA players new inferior jerseys

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

KempwiththeDunk
Freshman
And1: 15

The Mavs and NBA players new inferior jerseys 

Post#1 » by KempwiththeDunk » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:31 am

Looks like Nike has tried to reinvent the wheel. These "new" nba jerseys look bland, cold, plain, sharp in a bad way and ugly. Also they are made cheaply and inferior.

Why can't the NBA just trust that they got things right by around the 70's. 20 years of working things out for the NBA league resulted in things be just right. By the 80's more of the same and 90's. But why are they trying to ruin everything about the NBA since 2010.

http://www.mavswiki.com/images/0/09/Jim_Jackson.jpg This is a great jersey. It's better looking, with multicolor trim, It has better color, It has more color and they're bold. Also it is a thicker more durable material. Also the style is correct. Tuff looking.
Only thing wrong with this picture is the shoes. As you can see in this blown up image that Jim Jackson needs wider shoes at the toes for more traction and balance. probably wouldn't had rolled his ankle in 95 then.

And can we keep the side triangle slat on the side of the leg on the shorts and not in the front please? Stop trying to reinvent the wheel nike. Shorts have already been just great for a long time. Why try to change how shorts are designed. Nike ignores 100's of years of research. It's like they think something was wrong with Shorts just 5 years ago or 20 years ago, etc.

The Jerseys were already good kids at nike.
http://dsz7vodgjx60a.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/26145718/nissan_dal_june_08.jpg This is a nice jersey with tuffness.
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/57/d1/04/57d1040826a5a7055770987db94f05ee--big-three-dallas-mavericks.jpg You can see the quality and better look of these jerseys.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,008

Re: The Mavs and NBA players new inferior jerseys 

Post#2 » by Dirk » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:31 am

Yes, the jerseys all look very generic to me. It is amazing how our mind works because I often can't keep my eyes off the tiny Nike logo or the ads on jerseys. The NBA definitely looks cheap.

With that said --- this is probably just one of those things where you will get used to it and in time you will no longer care or notice it.
60/21/10
KempwiththeDunk
Freshman
And1: 15

Re: The Mavs and NBA players new inferior jerseys 

Post#3 » by KempwiththeDunk » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:49 pm

I won't get used to this New unimproved NBA. It's everything too. It's the court and all the PLAIN BOX TEXT. I know what the league is trying to play off of. The whole computer age and internet age. They've been playing off that since about 2005 really and no one has gotten used to it. The jerseys have been garbage since 2005 across the Board in the NBA. This year they some how made many of them even worse. Also many of the courts are worse now too. They've been working at ruining the NBA for years.

They've even restyled the Horse logo for the Mavs many times over the years, usually makeing it more sharpe and bland looking. I thought when they first made the logo it didn't have much wiggle room if any.

The M with the Hat from the 80's and 90's is 100 times better. Cooler colors too. More unique. Also just better drawn.

Return to Dallas Mavericks