Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Re: 2017-18 Tank Tracker 

Post#381 » by arkuo » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:36 pm

Darren wrote:
Roddy B for 3 wrote:
Darren wrote:Why is Jalen Jackson got drafted so high? He shoots well in limited touch (39% from 3). But he's playing as role player. What is interesting about him is the instincts to play defense and block shots (3.0 per game). Still, it's a little too high. His rebounding number is below average. Surely, I think he could be more successful than Bagley. Still, he's a poor man Dwight Howard. His skills are raw. His athleticism is nowhere near Dwight's level. He's strong and great shot blocker. But if he can't rebound well and play center, he's nothing spectacular afterall. Do you think he can play center after all? He doesn't seem to be able to jump too high. His timing is great. Positioning for rebound is only so-so; somewhat on path with Dwight Powell. Normally, team draft starter with top-5 pick. But a low of draft board have him in top-5.

His college per 36 rebound #'s are 9.9

That's prime Dirk rebounding, + better than AD blocker numbers and 1.5 steals per game (per 36).

His shooting scares me, if that fades he's not *exceptional*. I think he's the youngest guy to declare yet.

He looks like a I young (bigger) Serge Ibaka with an old man Ibakas 3point shot, to me.

9.9 is exactly the per 36 min rebounding number of Dwight Powell. While his per 36 mins stats is exceptionally, don't forget that he actually only averages 10 points, 5 rebounds per game in 22 mins. That means he gets these stats as role player. That's not starter kits yet. He's a good rotation big. But that's it. He's raw offensively. And his ceiling seems to be limited. His athleticism is not on Ibaka level yet. 24 yo Ibaka can even guard the perimeter. To me, Jaren Jackson doesn't move as well or jump as high as Ibaka. He's not quick enough to handle SF. He may be able to play C. He's more a PF in C body to be. I wonder if his lateral quickness is enough to stay in front of some quick PF.

Something tells me the Hawks will get Jackson Jr at #3 if and when Ayton or Doncic are not available. That leaves us Bagley, Bamba or Porter Jr at 4 or 5. Whether we dodged a bullet with jackson, only time can tell.

However it is important to note that teams will be drafting Jackson on potential growth and not available talent. Think Darko Milicic. But whether he pans out or not is a risk. High risk, but high reward to whoever drafts him.
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,825

Post#382 » by dirkforpres » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:48 pm

arkuo wrote:For some reason, Jaren Jackson Jr. reminds me of a young Joakim Noah coming out of Florida.

Pretty accurate description. He has more range than Noah and can move with the ball a littler better, but that’s a pretty close comparison. Not bad for a top 5 pick, but I think we can pick 4 or 5 guys in this draft more likely to have an impact
FIRE JASON KIDD
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,018

Post#383 » by Mr B » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:21 pm

arkuo wrote:For some reason, Jaren Jackson Jr. reminds me of a young Joakim Noah coming out of Florida.

Really? He reminds me nothing of Jokim Noah. Noah was more of a energy guy and a very good defender. Jackson is more of an offensive guy with a really good 3 pt shot. He’s really the ideal stretch big in today’s NBA.

The only thing that concerns me about Jackson is how he disappeared in the tournament. They same thing happened with Bamba though. Jackson is also still only 18 years old. At 6’11” 250 lbs he should be able to play PF or C in the NBA.
Lord Cuban
Analyst
And1: 1,895

Post#384 » by Lord Cuban » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:32 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Dallas Mavericks 2011 NBA Champions!!!
dirkforpres
RealGM

Post#385 » by dirkforpres » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:07 pm

Lord Cuban wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Is it going to be televised?
FIRE JASON KIDD
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,035

Post#386 » by daoneandonly » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:14 am

dirkforpres wrote:

Pretty accurate description. He has more range than Noah and can move with the ball a littler better, but that’s a pretty close comparison. Not bad for a top 5 pick, but I think we can pick 4 or 5 guys in this draft more likely to have an impact

Do you think Bamba is one of those guys? I think we cna rule out Ayton, and luckily (hopefully) also rule out Doncic. Then who would you say you'd like between Bagley, Bamba, jackson Jr, Porter, etc?
dirkforpres
RealGM

Post#387 » by dirkforpres » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:49 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:

Do you think Bamba is one of those guys? I think we cna rule out Ayton, and luckily (hopefully) also rule out Doncic. Then who would you say you'd like between Bagley, Bamba, jackson Jr, Porter, etc?

Doncic and Ayton are leagues better than JJJ. Saying otherwise is ludicrous. Then Bagley, Porter, and Bamba I would also project to have better professional careers.

I was tempted to list him below Bridges as well. He’s kind of a wild card for me as well though
FIRE JASON KIDD
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#388 » by daoneandonly » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:56 pm

dirkforpres wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:

Doncic and Ayton are leagues better than JJJ. Saying otherwise is ludicrous. Then Bagley, Porter, and Bamba I would also project to have better professional careers.

I was tempted to list him below Bridges as well. He’s kind of a wild card for me as well though

I'm not enamored with JJJ myself, I'd take all those guys you mentioned except Doncic and Porter (only if he was unhealthy) ahead of him. Doncic's lack of D, speed, and poor 3 point shooting just is not ideal with DSJ, even with a guard magician like Carlisle. Not to mention there are reports out there that his teammates don't like him because he's a whiny entitled prick, granted most teenagers are, but something worth noting.
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#389 » by fuller4379 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:58 pm

If the Magic lose, Dallas, Atlanta and Orlando will tie for the third-worst record and have the same odds of either drawing the No. 1 pick (12.1-percent) or a top three pick (42-percent).

If Orlando wins Wednesday, Dallas and Atlanta would share the third-best odds of landing the top pick (13.8-percent) while the Magic's odds would slip to fifth-highest (8.8-percent).
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#390 » by ejs78 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:36 pm

Living in Detroit some of the issues with Jaren Jackson Jr stem from Tom Izzo not wanting to play him more than 10 mins for making a mistake alot of kids would make during a game. That being said personally I still don't like him enough from all the games I got to see this year to take him top 5.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,018

Post#391 » by Mr B » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:43 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

I'm not enamored with JJJ myself, I'd take all those guys you mentioned except Doncic and Porter (only if he was unhealthy) ahead of him. Doncic's lack of D, speed, and poor 3 point shooting just is not ideal with DSJ, even with a guard magician like Carlisle. Not to mention there are reports out there that his teammates don't like him because he's a whiny entitled prick, granted most teenagers are, but something worth noting.

I understand you don’t like Doncic but now you’re just making **** up. Unless you can provide something showing that his teammates dislike like him I’m going to chalk that up to you just making **** up. Everything I’ve heard from his teammates like Goran Dragic all love the guy.

This doesn’t look like a guy that is disliked by his teammates.

Read on Twitter
?s=21
fuller4379
Assistant Coach

Post#392 » by fuller4379 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:17 am

Go, Magic!
dirkforpres
RealGM

Post#393 » by dirkforpres » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:28 am

fuller4379 wrote:Go, Magic!

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
FIRE JASON KIDD
fuller4379
Assistant Coach

Post#394 » by fuller4379 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:25 am

1:24 left and Magic up by 10. Wizards have only scored 9 fourth quarter points.
fuller4379
Assistant Coach

Re: 2017-18 Tank Trackerh 

Post#395 » by fuller4379 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:32 am

Another big day for the tank. Magic win!
bran muffin
Starter
And1: 3,441

Post#396 » by bran muffin » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:33 am

(edited for slight miscalculation)
Lord Cuban
Analyst
And1: 1,895

Post#397 » by Lord Cuban » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:57 am

Orlando won, hurting their lottery chances (and helping Mavs)...call them the Orlando...Tragic
Dallas Mavericks 2011 NBA Champions!!!
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#398 » by King Ken » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:34 pm

arkuo wrote:
Darren wrote:
Roddy B for 3 wrote:
His college per 36 rebound #'s are 9.9

That's prime Dirk rebounding, + better than AD blocker numbers and 1.5 steals per game (per 36).

His shooting scares me, if that fades he's not *exceptional*. I think he's the youngest guy to declare yet.

He looks like a I young (bigger) Serge Ibaka with an old man Ibakas 3point shot, to me.

9.9 is exactly the per 36 min rebounding number of Dwight Powell. While his per 36 mins stats is exceptionally, don't forget that he actually only averages 10 points, 5 rebounds per game in 22 mins. That means he gets these stats as role player. That's not starter kits yet. He's a good rotation big. But that's it. He's raw offensively. And his ceiling seems to be limited. His athleticism is not on Ibaka level yet. 24 yo Ibaka can even guard the perimeter. To me, Jaren Jackson doesn't move as well or jump as high as Ibaka. He's not quick enough to handle SF. He may be able to play C. He's more a PF in C body to be. I wonder if his lateral quickness is enough to stay in front of some quick PF.

Something tells me the Hawks will get Jackson Jr at #3 if and when Ayton or Doncic are not available. That leaves us Bagley, Bamba or Porter Jr at 4 or 5. Whether we dodged a bullet with jackson, only time can tell.

However it is important to note that teams will be drafting Jackson on potential growth and not available talent. Think Darko Milicic. But whether he pans out or not is a risk. High risk, but high reward to whoever drafts him.

JJJ is the one player I have zero interest in as a Hawk fan.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#399 » by daoneandonly » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:37 pm

King Ken wrote:
arkuo wrote:
Darren wrote:

What is your big board? I think the poster mentioned JJ because he seems to fit with Collins who's a stud
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#400 » by King Ken » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:46 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
King Ken wrote:
arkuo wrote:

What is your big board? I think the poster mentioned JJ because he seems to fit with Collins who's a stud

We don't care about anyone on our roster enough to pass on the right prospect. If Bagley is the best player available long term, that's who we will take. Same for Bamba, Ayton, Doncic or Porter jr. You don't take role players when potential superstars are available. We can always flip Collins if the right offer is on the table after the fact and with his contract, we have flexibility.

We passed on Brandon Roy because we needed a big who can rebound and drafted Shelden Williams. Senlenk passed on Boogie to take Ekpe Udoh and he said that was the biggest regret of his career. Maybe if we don't have an option and we end up at 6 or 7, maybe. But not at 3, 4 or 5. Not at 1 or 2 either

1. Bagley
2. Ayton
3. Bamba
4. Doncic
5. Porter Jr.
6. Miles
7. Sexton
8.Carter Jr
9. JJJ
10. Mikal

For the Hawks:
1. Bagley