Mavs to pursue boogie this summer?

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Re: Mavs to pursue boogie this summer? 

Post#61 » by Pinkyring » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:20 pm

Mr B wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:Coming off this injury, pass, i really want favors, if we can draft a big and have favors at center our front court is set. He should be top free agent priority I'd offer 4/60

I wouldn’t really want Favors as our full time center. I’d rather resign Salah, which is what they are rumored to be planning.

Salah will be 32 this summer, he needs to be traded
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,001

Post#62 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:20 pm

Pinkyring wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:Coming off this injury, pass, i really want favors, if we can draft a big and have favors at center our front court is set. He should be top free agent priority I'd offer 4/60

I wouldn’t really want Favors as our full time center. I’d rather resign Salah, which is what they are rumored to be planning.

Salah will be 32 this summer, he needs to be traded

I read that somewhere and can’t find it now. I agree that it makes more sense to trade him but if this team is planning on trying to actually win next season he’d be a guy that’s good to have on the team.
Pinkyring
RealGM

Post#63 » by Pinkyring » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:19 pm

evtki wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:I haven't seen a lot of Favors but what little I've seen I can't say that I'm impressed.
Is he even a true center?
Seems undersized to me.

Yeah, Favors is a power forward. He’s - what - 6’8”? ?? He’s not a center. what we need in the offseason (assuming Dirk stays, matthews opts in, and we let curry and noel walk) is a backup SF, another big maybe 2, and a better sized SG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Favors is 6'10 dirk isnt a center we need a center our interior defense sucks, the dream scenario is dafting ayton and pairing favors
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 845

Post#64 » by Teffer10 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:44 pm

Realistically I'd love to see this happen:

Trade Curry/Noel/Salah by TDL netting future pick/s
Draft Doncic/Billy Preston
Sign Favors
Trade for WCS (if Sac picks Ayton) using Maxi and a future pick/s
Resign Yogi/Motley/Collinsworth

DSJ/Yogi/JJ
Doncic/Wes
Barnes/DFS/Collinsworth
Favors/Dirk/Preston
WCS/Powell/Motley
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#65 » by HMFFL » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:37 pm

Pinkyring wrote:
HMFFL wrote:

4/60? So is it a pass if Favors wants the max because he's going to receive the max.

Strongly doubt he gets a max from anyone, he's had injury issue, dont see any teams throwing mavs at him, jordan or any of these centers but anything more than 15 per I'd pass

Pinkyring,

I researched more on Favors and put more thought to it, I agree he won't receive a max offer, but I do expect him to receive more than the 4yrs, 80 million we offered Noel.
Pinkyring
RealGM

Post#66 » by Pinkyring » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:48 pm

HMFFL wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:
HMFFL wrote:
4/60? So is it a pass if Favors wants the max because he's going to receive the max.

Strongly doubt he gets a max from anyone, he's had injury issue, dont see any teams throwing mavs at him, jordan or any of these centers but anything more than 15 per I'd pass

Pinkyring,

I researched more on Favors and put more thought to it, I agree he won't receive a max offer, but I do expect him to receive more than the 4yrs, 80 million we offered Noel.

I think we can agree to disagree, i think jordan is a lot better and i dont see him getting more than 20 unless it's bird rights, favors is out of utah and i dont see any team bidding big money. Again i think noel got the offer because he was much younger, and even then nobody offered him 20m, i might go as high as 17.5 per but there arent money teams who will have that and center is a devalued position. If we draft bamba i think this is moot but all the other gigs can play next to favor, i just dont want to see anymore dirk at 5 its brutal to watch
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#67 » by HMFFL » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:10 am

^
Dirk at the 5 for me has been brutal for me to watch for years.
There is no reason for it.
evtki
Freshman
And1: 11

Post#68 » by evtki » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:45 am

Pinkyring wrote:
evtki wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:I haven't seen a lot of Favors but what little I've seen I can't say that I'm impressed.
Seems undersized to me.

Yeah, Favors is a power forward. He’s - what - 6’8”? ?? He’s not a center. what we need in the offseason (assuming Dirk stays, matthews opts in, and we let curry and noel walk) is a backup SF, another big maybe 2, and a better sized SG

Favors is 6'10 dirk isnt a center we need a center our interior defense sucks, the dream scenario is dafting ayton and pairing favors

I would like that pair. Maybe even Bagley and Favors. Dirk off the bench?

evtki
Freshman
And1: 11

Post#69 » by evtki » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:49 am

Dirk anywhere on D these days is atrocious to watch. He regularly gets put in those spin cycle highlights

Pointguard01
RealGM
And1: 223

Post#70 » by Pointguard01 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:31 am

Seems undersized to me.

Yeah never been impressed with him. Hard pass. He doesn’t move the needle and isn’t a long term fit.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Pointguard01
RealGM
And1: 223

Post#71 » by Pointguard01 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:34 am

HMFFL wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:
HMFFL wrote:

Pinkyring,

Whoever does that will regret it. He’s note worth that money.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Torgeir Bryn
Pro Prospect
And1: 657

Post#72 » by Torgeir Bryn » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:31 pm

Favors can't really play with a traditional center because of the lack of spacing. Utah is giving him the Bogut treatment to avoid playing him much with Gobert, as their offence goes down the drain whenever they do play together. I don't think that is where we should use our money, specially if we draft a big man this summer.

Return to Dallas Mavericks