Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

2018 Hall of Fame: Steve Nash and Jason Kidd 

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:58 pm

Two Mavs PG greats inducted into Hall of Fame
When Dallas Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle heard that Jason Kidd was going to be inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame this summer, he already knew this prestigious award was going to be a foregone conclusion for the big-time playmaker.

After all, Kidd was one of the greatest players in NBA history. And his greatness was on full display in 2011 when he led the Mavs – coached by Carlisle – to the franchise’s only NBA title.

“This is certainly no shock,” Carlisle said of Kidd’s Hall of Fame honors. “It’s very much expected.

Former Mavs point guard Steve Nash also was a mental tough player who was difficult to handle. A two-time NBA Most Valuable Player and eight-time All-Star, Nash will join Kidd as a Hall of Fame inductee this summer.

Nash played for the Mavs from 1998-2004, but did his most damage with the Suns, where he was the league’s MVP in 2005 and ’06.

“Even though I didn’t work with Nash here, he’s so well-known and so beloved, and was such a great player here that I feel like he was around,” Carlisle said. “And he certainly was a big problem to deal with when we competed against him.

“His career had similarities to Jason’s in that when Steve was drafted it took a while for him to even consistently play. And once he got with (coach) Mike (D’Antoni) in Phoenix he won two MVP’s in a row, and that’s just an amazing accomplishment.”

https://www.mavs.com/two-mavs-pg-greats-inducted-hall-fame/
Soupman
Assistant Coach
And1: 759

Re: 2018 Hall of Fame: Steve Nash and Jason Kidd 

Post#2 » by Soupman » Tue Apr 3, 2018 2:21 am

Steve Nash and Jason Kidd definitely deserve to go in the Hall of fame.
Convert municipal and agricultural waste to refined natural gas. Sell the refined natural gas to gas companies. Use the money to provide a monthly basic income to people that earn less than $28,000 a year.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,041

Post#3 » by daoneandonly » Tue Apr 3, 2018 1:04 pm

Does the Dallas version of either deserve to be a HoF though?

Don't get me wrong, Kidd was crucial to our title with his D and leadership, and I was pissed when we traded him the first time for peanuts, but being so young, he had yet to do much of substance that was HoF worthy here.

Nash was a fraction of the player here that he was in PHX.
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,322

Post#4 » by Clyde Frazier » Tue Apr 3, 2018 4:02 pm

daoneandonly wrote:Does the Dallas version of either deserve to be a HoF though?

Don't get me wrong, Kidd was crucial to our title with his D and leadership, and I was pissed when we traded him the first time for peanuts, but being so young, he had yet to do much of substance that was HoF worthy here.

Nash was a fraction of the player here that he was in PHX.

If nash stayed in dallas and maybe hadn’t quite peaked yet, and ended up being part of 1 or 2 championship teams, then yeah he’d be on his way to the HOF.

Return to Dallas Mavericks