ImageImageImage

Your oppinion about Stotts ?

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

LillardPortland
Sophomore
And1: 77

Your oppinion about Stotts ? 

Post#1 » by LillardPortland » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:46 pm

Blazers fan here coming in Peace, Stotts was Assistant Coach during the 2011 Championship Season in Dallas and was responsible for the Offense. What do you guys think about him, is he a good or just an average Coach in this League?
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,832

Re: Your oppinion about Stotts ? 

Post#2 » by dirkforpres » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:55 pm

LillardPortland wrote:Blazers fan here coming in Peace, Stotts was Assistant Coach during the 2011 Championship Season in Dallas and was responsible for the Offense. What do you guys think about him, is he a good or just an average Coach in this League?

I will say this about Stotts and the Blazers... no way that team should have been 3rd seed with the West being as deep as it is. I think the fact that they’ve had so much success in recent years has to be attributed to great coaching as much as it does for talented players/depth
FIRE JASON KIDD
The Sparest
Bench Warmer
And1: 446

Post#3 » by The Sparest » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:25 pm

dirkforpres wrote:
LillardPortland wrote:Blazers fan here coming in Peace, Stotts was Assistant Coach during the 2011 Championship Season in Dallas and was responsible for the Offense. What do you guys think about him, is he a good or just an average Coach in this League?

I will say this about Stotts and the Blazers... no way that team should have been 3rd seed with the West being as deep as it is. I think the fact that they’ve had so much success in recent years has to be attributed to great coaching as much as it does for talented players/depth

He seems to have learned Rick's tricks to squeezing every last win out of his roster. I would say he is comfortably in the top ten of current coaches.
AKA: Sparey Spareman
Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,039

Post#4 » by Roddy B for 3 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:06 pm

He's above average. There are alot of great coaches and in any given year he could make an adjustment to put your team over the top.

I would say he definitely deserves the job, and finding an adequate replacement would be hard, but an upgrade near impossible.
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 849

Post#5 » by Teffer10 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:09 am

Stotts and Casey have never received enough credit for their roles in our championship imo.
I doubt if we'll ever have that trio of a primary coaching staff again.

I think you are lucky to have him.

Good luck to your team....would love to see them make it to the finals!!!
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#6 » by arkuo » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:04 pm

Stotts and Casey were a huge part of the 2011 run.

Return to Dallas Mavericks