ImageImageImage

Luka Dončić Discussion - Year 2

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

burek3
Pro Prospect
And1: 538

Re: Luka Dončić Discussion 

Post#1081 » by burek3 » Sat May 4, 2019 7:47 am

Better than expected, I thought it would be him eating chevaps.
"Holy f**k" :o
- DeAndre Jordan
juanc
Pro Prospect
And1: 835

Post#1082 » by juanc » Sat May 4, 2019 8:18 am

burek3 wrote:Better than expected, I thought it would be him eating chevaps.

Looks like he is at a picnic in Slovenia and that means a lot of chevapi+pleskavica :D
LukaMagic
Senior
And1: 679

Post#1083 » by LukaMagic » Tue May 7, 2019 2:11 pm

Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,073

Post#1084 » by Dirk » Tue May 7, 2019 2:44 pm

LukaMagic wrote:Rick Carlisle and Dwight Powell visited Luka in Ljubljana, Slovenia..

https://www.24ur.com/sport/kosarka/rick-carlisle-luka-doncic-dallas-mavericks-trening-sentvid-najlepsa-drzava.html

Powell loves to travel. Says a lot that he is present in this when may become a FA.

At ~2:20, Petrovic/Doncic, RC - "two of the best players I've ever seen".
60/21/10
bran muffin
Starter
And1: 3,441

Post#1085 » by bran muffin » Tue May 14, 2019 5:52 pm

I really hope Luka comes to camp in much better shape next season. Last season he looked more like 238 lbs than 218 lbs.
thr3ep01nte4
Junior
And1: 150

Post#1086 » by thr3ep01nte4 » Tue May 14, 2019 8:48 pm

bran muffin wrote:I really hope Luka comes to camp in much better shape next season. Last season he looked more like 238 lbs than 218 lbs.

He was 248 after camp and dropped to 235 at the end of last year. Mark Cuban mentioned that on Dan Gilbert's podcast. He might have been 260 before camp last year. I hope he can be a shredded 240 this year.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,039

Post#1087 » by Mr B » Wed May 15, 2019 1:11 am

thr3ep01nte4 wrote:
bran muffin wrote:I really hope Luka comes to camp in much better shape next season. Last season he looked more like 238 lbs than 218 lbs.

He was 248 after camp and dropped to 235 at the end of last year. Mark Cuban mentioned that on Dan Gilbert's podcast. He might have been 260 before camp last year. I hope he can be a shredded 240 this year.

Yea at 6’8” you don’t want him coming in at 218. That’s way too thin. He has a very solid build so he really just needs to watch his diet and shed body fat. If he can do that and get down to a shredded 240 lbs that would be perfect. He’d keep his strength while also improving his stamina.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
XTraderXL
Sixth Man
And1: 1,342

Post#1088 » by XTraderXL » Wed May 15, 2019 10:49 am

thr3ep01nte4 wrote:

For years now I have been maintaining that his ideal weight would be 240-250 lbs. Of course he will need to lose the fat and get more cut which shouldnt be too hard :lol: :lol:

He just has that body type with big bones and wide frame, very strong. You dont want him at 220, he would maybe be more explosive but his size advantage would be gone and Luka is already great at using his size to get what he wants. I have said it before, its all about discipline for him. Is he going to stick to his diet and get and keep his body in shape. Talent and skill are already elite.
gh123
Sixth Man
And1: 1,197

Post#1089 » by gh123 » Wed May 15, 2019 12:13 pm

Jacked Bron was 270 at the same height. Luka should be no less than 240 given his build. He's very robust like most eastern europeans and he knows how to use his size to his advantage.
taibumu
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#1090 » by taibumu » Sun Jun 2, 2019 11:06 am

https://youtu.be/mIMqPCNgtCE

Enviado desde mi MI 5 mediante Tapatalk
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#1091 » by arkuo » Sun Jun 2, 2019 11:12 am

gh123 wrote:Jacked Bron was 270 at the same height. Luka should be no less than 240 given his build. He's very robust like most eastern europeans and he knows how to use his size to his advantage.

This is true.

You just cant have it all. If it were a choice between Ben Simmons or Luka Doncic, with Ben being more ripped and can do tomahawk dunks, I'd choose the player who can shoot anywhere from the floor despite being 10 lbs heavier.
foxhole
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#1092 » by foxhole » Sun Jun 2, 2019 5:11 pm

Great player. Needs to improve his D and body/athleticism though if he wants to be top 10 talent someday.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,979

Post#1093 » by Archx » Sun Jun 2, 2019 7:19 pm

arkuo wrote:
gh123 wrote:Jacked Bron was 270 at the same height. Luka should be no less than 240 given his build. He's very robust like most eastern europeans and he knows how to use his size to his advantage.

This is true.

You just cant have it all. If it were a choice between Ben Simmons or Luka Doncic, with Ben being more ripped and can do tomahawk dunks, I'd choose the player who can shoot anywhere from the floor despite being 10 lbs heavier.

Well yeah, Ben basically needs 4 shooters with him on the floor to even be remotely effective. His lack of shooting was seriously exposed in the playoffs. Even his defense was a no factor.

And btw, Luka is not from eastern europe, unless you were thinking about Russians, which is also far away from our region :P
Archx
RealGM

Post#1094 » by Archx » Fri Jun 7, 2019 10:11 am

No one panic guys, we have an ab showing !!!! Well according to Cuban :D

Read on Twitter
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,291

Post#1095 » by Jstock12 » Sat Jun 8, 2019 10:26 pm

Archx wrote:
arkuo wrote:

This is true.

And btw, Luka is not from eastern europe, unless you were thinking about Russians, which is also far away from our region :P

As a eastern european I knew someone will post this once I read "eastern europeans" :lol: Slovenians really don't want to be associated with Eastern Europe :lol: Fair enough :lol:
Archx
RealGM

Post#1096 » by Archx » Sat Jun 8, 2019 11:01 pm

Jstock12 wrote:
Archx wrote:
arkuo wrote:

This is true.

As a eastern european I knew someone will post this once I read "eastern europeans" :lol: Slovenians really don't want to be associated with Eastern Europe :lol: Fair enough :lol:

Haha, yeah. We get called 3rd world country or eastern europeans, stuff like that. Which is all false, but after a while, you know, it becomes an instinct or impulse that you just have to correct someone :D Obviously no bad feelings or anything like that, but to us it sounds silly :P
Rn5ho
Junior
And1: 376

Post#1097 » by Rn5ho » Sun Jun 9, 2019 9:19 am

Jstock12 wrote:
Archx wrote:
arkuo wrote:

This is true.

It really has nothing to do with us not wanting to be called "eastern Europeans".. it's just that we're really not. It's like people calling us Slovakians - should we just accept it, even though it's a completely different country? Like we're not Slovakians, we're also not eastern Europeans.

Here: https://www.vectorstock.com/royalty-free-vector/map-of-europe-with-highlighted-slovenia-vector-18695441

Just see this map of Europe and where Slovenia is actually positioned.. does that look east? If that is eastern europe, is then Austria also eastern Europe? Because technically they are positioned more to the east than we are..

So again, it's not us trying to act all "cool" by saying that, it's simply that we're a small country and a lot of people don't know anything/much about us so they live in this wrong belief that we're "eastern" country (many mixing us with Slovakia, which is a bit more in the east), but we're really not at all.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,039

Post#1098 » by Mr B » Sun Jun 9, 2019 9:53 pm

Rn5ho wrote:
Jstock12 wrote:
Archx wrote:

It really has nothing to do with us not wanting to be called "eastern Europeans".. it's just that we're really not. It's like people calling us Slovakians - should we just accept it, even though it's a completely different country? Like we're not Slovakians, we're also not eastern Europeans.

Here: https://www.vectorstock.com/royalty-free-vector/map-of-europe-with-highlighted-slovenia-vector-18695441

Just see this map of Europe and where Slovenia is actually positioned.. does that look east? If that is eastern europe, is then Austria also eastern Europe? Because technically they are positioned more to the east than we are..

So again, it's not us trying to act all "cool" by saying that, it's simply that we're a small country and a lot of people don't know anything/much about us so they live in this wrong belief that we're "eastern" country (many mixing us with Slovakia, which is a bit more in the east), but we're really not at all.

It’s funny because it’s like being called Mexican when you are not Mexican. Personally I am half Mexican and half Native American and I have friends who are Salvadoran, Chilean, Puerto Rican, and they are always immediately tagged as being Mexican. I hear them correct people all the time that assume they are Mexican just because they have brown skin and speak Spanish. It’s not meant as disrespect, they are just not Mexican. Unfortunately there is a high level of ignorance in the U.S. and people tend to just group you in with others simply because they don’t take the time to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Re: Discuss New Maverick Luka Doncic 

Post#1099 » by HairyGOATee » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:14 pm

XTraderXL wrote:
burek3 wrote:
XTraderXL wrote:

So your contention is that I cant see he dropped weight by comparing photos of him from the first preseason game and the last one and that I shouldnt believe my eyes? Ok then :banghead:

You truly are a prisoner of your own delusions...

Why? Because I cant see him becoming an elite player in this league if he doesnt improve his athleticism?

Kawhi is elite and he could probably stand to be quicker, faster, and jump higher.

The athleticism argument is understandable, but what is needed more is strong, two-way play. If Luka develops into a player like that, then that'll be the key. Especially since other people can bring the athleticism, much like how Siakam did with the Raptors this year.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Post#1100 » by HMFFL » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:48 pm

Luka's girlfriend posted a picture on Instagram showing that she's pregnant. I don't believe the couple has made an official announcement and that's all I have seen was the picture this morning.
Congrats to the couple on their future!

Sent from my SM-N920P using RealGM mobile app

Return to Dallas Mavericks