ImageImageImage

Jalen Brunson discussion

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Pointguard01
RealGM
And1: 223

Re: Why TF did we draft brunson? 

Post#81 » by Pointguard01 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:31 am

Mr B wrote:Now just need to get Spalding locked up.

I thought i read that Spaulding also got a 2-way deal. So we are looking like:

G - Smith | Barea | Brunson
G- Doncic | Yogi
F - Matthews | Broekhoff | DFS
F - Barnes | Powell | Maxi
C- Jordan | Nowitzki | Mejri

Two way (2): Motley, Spalding, Antetokoumnpo

Maybe one of the two ways (Motley) gets an actual contract?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,000

Post#82 » by Mr B » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:45 am

Pointguard01 wrote:
Mr B wrote:Now just need to get Spalding locked up.

I thought i read that Spaulding also got a 2-way deal. So we are looking like:

G - Smith | Barea | Brunson
G- Doncic | Yogi
F - Matthews | Broekhoff | DFS
F - Barnes | Powell | Maxi
C- Jordan | Nowitzki | Mejri

Two way (2): Motley, Spalding, Antetokoumnpo

Maybe one of the two ways (Motley) gets an actual contract?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

I think they can only have two 2-way players. So either Motley has to be given a roster spot (or cut) or Spalding has to be signed to the regular roster. I also really think Powell ends up as the starting PF and Wes coming off the bench.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,856

Post#83 » by dirkules_41 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:20 am

Ugh we all know what this means...
Barea - Brunson - Yogi - Smith - Doncic lineup coming. Ricks dreams coming true..
Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Post#84 » by Darren » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:09 pm

The Mavs pay 1.4M for his attitude, 0.1M for his on-court value.
JamesConway
Sixth Man
And1: 1,014

Post#85 » by JamesConway » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:26 am

Read on Twitter
tribulations
Analyst
And1: 1,276

Re: RE: Re: Why TF did we draft brunson? 

Post#86 » by tribulations » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:23 am

BlueSan wrote:wow...

I am quite surprised at this negativity post regardin Brunson. Like I said so so happy Dallas made this move a Great one
With you here. Loved him in SL too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using RealGM mobile app
Heezzi
Pro Prospect
And1: 259

Post#87 » by Heezzi » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:26 pm

JamesConway wrote:
Read on Twitter

Literally tied for worst in all of SL.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 35,901

Post#88 » by Dirk » Sun Dec 9, 2018 5:39 pm

Another vet
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Mavs go over five minutes without a FG until he scores...

And again in the clutch

The Power wrote:
60/21/10
gh123
Sixth Man
And1: 1,197

Post#89 » by gh123 » Sun Dec 9, 2018 7:08 pm

That steal was amazing, the kind of steal that Luka gets.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,923

Post#90 » by Archx » Sun Dec 9, 2018 7:23 pm

Him and Luka are perfect together. Wish they would play this combo more.
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#91 » by fuller4379 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:42 am

fuller4379 wrote:I like the pick. My most second round picks start their career in the G League. I feel like Brunson can be the third PG as a rookie.

I was right to like the pick when they made it. :P
BlueSan
Sixth Man
And1: 828

Post#92 » by BlueSan » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:43 pm

BlueSan wrote:wow...

I am quite surprised at this negativity post regardin Brunson. Like I said so so happy Dallas made this move a Great one

BlueSan wrote:Again I am so sad we are even discussing this. Jalen was picked NCAA player of the year for a reason, plus his personality is absolutely brilliant fit

I ll just quote myself then...
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#93 » by Pinkyring » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:22 pm

When i made this post it wasn't about jalen and moreso about positional need. He only plays if there are injuries and thats not going to change. We are probably going to re sign jj and Devin until they're 50 so having a fourth pg isnt as valuable as taking kyrie thomas or Mitchell Robinson like i wanted
fuller4379
Assistant Coach

Post#94 » by fuller4379 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:33 pm

arkuo wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:
arkuo wrote:Who did you expect at #33? A starting center? LOL

Answer me this, what is the only position anyone should feel comfortable with? Pg with a starter locked in, maybe now sf with doncic, everything else is a mess, so why use a high pick for a guy without starting potential, it makes zero sense. U dont fill out bench position that doesnt need immediate filling when you holes EVERYWHERE else. That's a spot u dont use quality resources on and a high 2 is that. This is one of the reasons we've been so bad, too many pg's no defense or rebounding

My best guess is because Brunson was BPA. If they wanted to take a player of need that would have been Mitchel Robinson 3 picks down. But Robinsons looks like AJ Hammonds right now. Salah Mejiri will come in before him to be honest. he's that raw. I think management has already committed to taking a big man via free agency and not the draft. otherwise they would have just stood pat at #5 and take Bamba.

Mitchel Robinson is looking like it would have been a solid pick. 4.9 ppg and 4.1 rpg and averaging about 17 mpg his rookie season. He is putting up nice rookie numbers in New York.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#95 » by Dirk » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:10 pm

60/21/10
fuller4379
Assistant Coach

Post#96 » by fuller4379 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:22 pm

Small sample size, but I love what I see so far.
gh123
Sixth Man
And1: 1,197

Post#97 » by gh123 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:12 am

Dirk wrote:

He had a lot of good plays last game + solid D, very smart, very patient.
Btw, love your gifs.
juanc
Pro Prospect
And1: 835

Post#98 » by juanc » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:42 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
JamesConway wrote:Can't follow the outrage about posters who question the pick. Prior to the draft pretty much everybody thought (Skin & Karalla on their pod, the locked on-guys) we'd target one of the wings with #33. Our backcourt is extremely crowded already and we've spent a ton of time developing guys like Ferrell and Curry. I get the BPA-angle and am at peace with the pick now, but from a more teambuilding-centric POV this was obviously a selection that's gonna polarize.

I just hope that it all makes sense at the end of the offseason. I REALLY don't want this to end in a situation where we've blown a not-great-but-pretty-solid pick on a fourth string PG bc they've decided to also bring back multiple of ther other guards who are all more experienced and are therefore better win-now options for Carlisle. We all know how he usually handles situations like this.

yeah I'm with you. I would have preferred Bruce brown or Bates-Diop, but I dont hate brunson, just thought there were more sensible options. Though if brunson can play well or already has more trade value than the other 2, and we can flip him in some package for a Center, then I'd be even more okay.

I need to ask you again my friend.. You were against both Brunson and Luka, and you were the biggest Bamba fan.. How do you like the picks now? I just want to hear your oppinion
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,923

Post#99 » by Archx » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:36 pm

juanc wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
JamesConway wrote:Can't follow the outrage about posters who question the pick. Prior to the draft pretty much everybody thought (Skin & Karalla on their pod, the locked on-guys) we'd target one of the wings with #33. Our backcourt is extremely crowded already and we've spent a ton of time developing guys like Ferrell and Curry. I get the BPA-angle and am at peace with the pick now, but from a more teambuilding-centric POV this was obviously a selection that's gonna polarize.

I just hope that it all makes sense at the end of the offseason. I REALLY don't want this to end in a situation where we've blown a not-great-but-pretty-solid pick on a fourth string PG bc they've decided to also bring back multiple of ther other guards who are all more experienced and are therefore better win-now options for Carlisle. We all know how he usually handles situations like this.

yeah I'm with you. I would have preferred Bruce brown or Bates-Diop, but I dont hate brunson, just thought there were more sensible options. Though if brunson can play well or already has more trade value than the other 2, and we can flip him in some package for a Center, then I'd be even more okay.

I need to ask you again my friend.. You were against both Brunson and Luka, and you were the biggest Bamba fan.. How do you like the picks now? I just want to hear your oppinion

He was just worried about Doncic's defense and he already said that he likes him a lot now :P

But i don't know why people don't realize yet that Brunson is basically a future starting PG. He is insanely collected and confident enough to take big shots if needed. Him and Luka will be a great duo for the Mavs. The real question mark is DSJ at this point. Probably no one thought that Brunson will explode this fast. But i already said it at the start of the season, when they played the raptors without DSJ, that these two are much more productive together than DSJ and Luka.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#100 » by Dirk » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:51 pm

60/21/10

Return to Dallas Mavericks