Wes needs to go asap

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,564

Re: Wes needs to go asap 

Post#61 » by jpengland » Sat Nov 3, 2018 3:28 pm

I have hit blow up point now.

I seriousmy believed Carlisle could fight this team to fribge playoffs. Cleaely not happening now.

Time to blow everything up besides Luka IMO.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#62 » by johanliebert » Sat Nov 3, 2018 6:11 pm

J_T wrote:My opinion probably differs from most. I don't think that DSJ would have problem playing off the ball. The coach is not expecting him to, though. I think that DSJ tries to follow certain tactical idea, which wasn't made up by himself, and he faces difficulties trying to implement it optimally. I don't know where it goes from here, but surely it has to improve. DSJ is not a rookie, but he is not a veteran either. This is a new situation for him.

Yea he’s not a rookie he’s but he’s 20 who hasn’t even played 80 games in his career thus far.
burek3
Pro Prospect
And1: 538

Post#63 » by burek3 » Sat Nov 3, 2018 10:13 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
"Holy f**k" :o
- DeAndre Jordan
J_T
Veteran
And1: 1,843

Post#64 » by J_T » Sat Nov 3, 2018 10:58 pm

burek3 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I'm really curious what this was about. It's weird because:

- Wes didn't play this game considerably worse than some other games before
- From what I have seen he didn't do anything "special"
- The discussion was between GM and a player, not coach and a player

I can't think what this could be about. I can't see this being about "You suck Wes, you gotta be better." That would obviously have to be a discussion between Wes and Rick. Has to be something else.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 826

Post#65 » by Darren » Sat Nov 3, 2018 11:58 pm

Wes for Hardaway and Hezonja. Make it happen now.
Then, DJ and something for Drummond.

We need players who can help off ball. We need rebounding beast who blocks a lot of shots.
J_T
Veteran

Post#66 » by J_T » Mon Nov 5, 2018 6:38 am

Carlisle said the conversation, which started in public view, ended up including Carlisle behind closed doors. Before taking questions after Sunday's practice, he addressed the situation.

"I want to talk about a report that came out about a 'heated conversation' between Wes Matthews and my president and general manager, Donnie Nelson," Carlisle said. "Wes approached Donnie and talked to him about anything that he could possibly do to help our team win more games. I ended up in on that conversation in Donnie's office afterward.

"It was nothing but positive and constructive. Any notion or implication that it was anything negative or 'heated' is completely false. I just wanted to make sure everybody understood that."

Matthews has been one of the Mavericks' best players early in the season, averaging 17.6 points and typically guarding the opponent's best wing player.

So basically Wes asked Nelson to make trades. Wow. And this is a hot topic for him as well, he has been responding to fans who want him traded, on twitter. What was it he replying to them? Have a nice day or something like that? :D

I wonder who would Wes be trading away?

Oh, wait... was he saying that Wes asked Nelson what HE, WES, could be doing to win more games? Now... why would a player be asking the GM that? I call B.S. on that, Rick is not telling the truth.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,557

Post#67 » by Bob8 » Mon Nov 5, 2018 7:02 am

Darren wrote:Wes for Hardaway and Hezonja. Make it happen now.

We need players who can help off ball. We need rebounding beast who blocks a lot of shots.

Nobody needs Hezonja.
Captain_Obvious
Lead Assistant
And1: 927

Post#68 » by Captain_Obvious » Mon Nov 5, 2018 9:34 am

Bob8 wrote:
Darren wrote:Wes for Hardaway and Hezonja. Make it happen now.

Nobody needs Hezonja.

Nobody wants to pay Hardaway's contract either

Classic Darren trade
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,037

Post#69 » by daoneandonly » Tue Nov 6, 2018 1:58 pm

J_T
Veteran

Post#70 » by J_T » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:14 am

Wesley Matthews (right hip contusion) is listed as questionable to play on Saturday vs. the Thunder.

Exc... excuse me? :o
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,971

Post#71 » by Archx » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:40 am

J_T wrote:
Wesley Matthews (right hip contusion) is listed as questionable to play on Saturday vs. the Thunder.

Exc... excuse me? :o

OMG MAVS WILL WIN :D
Lord Cuban
Analyst
And1: 1,895

Post#72 » by Lord Cuban » Fri Dec 7, 2018 7:28 am

Bill Simmons suggested the Mavericks trading Wesley Matthews expiring contract and a 2nd round pick for Ntilikina and Hardaway
Dallas Mavericks 2011 NBA Champions!!!
gh123
Sixth Man
And1: 1,197

Post#73 » by gh123 » Fri Dec 7, 2018 7:34 pm

Lord Cuban wrote:Bill Simmons suggested the Mavericks trading Wesley Matthews expiring contract and a 2nd round pick for Ntilikina and Hardaway

We don't need more guards though and Brunson is better than Frank.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,056

Post#74 » by Dirk » Fri Dec 7, 2018 9:10 pm

gh123 wrote:
Lord Cuban wrote:Bill Simmons suggested the Mavericks trading Wesley Matthews expiring contract and a 2nd round pick for Ntilikina and Hardaway

I am quite intrigued about the Frenchman. On one hand he doesn't play much for one of the leagues worst teams in the Knicks, on the other, scanning the realgm forum over the last few weeks, I got the impression that many still view him as this "good fit next to Luka" and talked about as a good prospect. When the Mavs got off to a terrible start, it felt like many would ditch DSJ for him. He has interesting traits, but if he doesn't play for the Knicks... something is amiss here.
60/21/10
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,830

Post#75 » by dirkforpres » Sat Dec 8, 2018 12:43 am

Dirk wrote:
gh123 wrote:

I am quite intrigued about the Frenchman. On one hand he doesn't play much for one of the leagues worst teams in the Knicks, on the other, scanning the realgm forum over the last few weeks, I got the impression that many still view him as this "good fit next to Luka" and talked about as a good prospect. When the Mavs got off to a terrible start, it felt like many would ditch DSJ for him. He has interesting traits, but if he doesn't play for the Knicks... something is amiss here.

Do you assume the Knicks know what they are doing ever though? I trust Donnie when it comes to international players and he seemed pretty enamored with him 16 months ago. If he can come here with Hardaway and eventually become a taller Pat Beverley type PG for us (I assume that’s the hope), it’s a no brainer
FIRE JASON KIDD
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,971

Post#76 » by Archx » Sat Dec 8, 2018 12:46 am

Some of you guys have such weird trade proposals and player evaluations sometimes that i wonder if you actually want Mavs to fail.
gh123
Sixth Man

Post#77 » by gh123 » Sat Dec 8, 2018 4:42 am

Dirk wrote:
gh123 wrote:

Baring in mind that Rc is still our coach next year, both Harris and Barea are staying. DSJ and Brunson (likely) are staying. Play Frank at SG? He can't score at all, can't drive, can't 3, nothing. DSJ is better at everything. How is pairing an offensively inept guard good for Luka? We need a 2nd ball-handler who can hit his shots and defend some. Even if Frank is an above average defender (he's not), he still can't do anything else. I'd rather keep DSJ till the end of the season and revaluate our options in the summer.
gh123
Sixth Man

Post#78 » by gh123 » Sat Dec 8, 2018 4:58 am

Just dump Wes' contract for like a 2nd rounder, no need to get rid of one trash to add another. Better keep the powder dry and be have an option of overpaying for a player who can actually contribute, then paying for a player who is a liability.
JamesConway
Sixth Man
And1: 1,014

Post#79 » by JamesConway » Sun Dec 9, 2018 2:30 pm

His numbers have steadily improved. FG/3pt %-wise (~44-45% FGs and 39% from three) he's up to where he was in Portland. 12 FGAs for 15-16ppg is what he put up the year before we signed him.

Seems like the added firepower on offense has really helped his efficiency. After his rough start his role was cut back and things now look a lot less worse than they were ~ a month ago.
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#80 » by fuller4379 » Sun Dec 9, 2018 2:56 pm

Wes seems to have found his role in the team. He is taking fewer shots but making a higher percentage of them. In the recent run Carlisle has done a great job getting everyone to play good team basketball.

Return to Dallas Mavericks