ImageImageImage

Around The NBA 2018-19 (Non-Mavs Talk)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Re: Around The NBA 2018-19 (Non-Mavs Talk) 

Post#61 » by HairyGOATee » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:24 pm

burek3 wrote:Every player from the Rockets is questionable because of HOU style of play.

I wouldn't get Capela because he can't stay on court in playoffs. But then again, see the disclaimer above.

Mavs trainers and coaches can fix that problem though.

And you're right about the Rockets' style of play, but this year A LOT of other teams copied and pushed the pace of play. Houston, actually slowed it down a little and surprisingly ended the season with the 4th SLOWEST pace of play this year

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/HOU/2019.html
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#62 » by HairyGOATee » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:43 pm

TJ Warren's deal would have been nice, but the Mavs still would have had to get rid of somebody else to really upgrade like they want. If the Pacers outbid the Mavs, then good for them I guess. The Mavs need to stay focused on CREATING cap space now instead.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#63 » by arkuo » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:35 am

HairyGOATee wrote:TJ Warren's deal would have been nice, but the Mavs still would have had to get rid of somebody else to really upgrade like they want. If the Pacers outbid the Mavs, then good for them I guess. The Mavs need to stay focused on CREATING cap space now instead.

Tj Warren was traded for cash. The fact that the Mavs werent in on it means we need every penny for Kemba for July 1.

I thought they were gonna split their aces. But now it seems they are going all in with their hand. We'll see if it pays off. Kupchak and Pelinka both believe they have winning cards as well.
arkuo
General Manager

Post#64 » by arkuo » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:39 am

dirkforpres wrote:
burek3 wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:
But he’s a huge help in actually getting to the playoffs and that’s what the Mavs need more than anything. Worry about playoff matchups once we actually get there, not before... Also, Carlisle is a lot better of a coach than D’antoni so take that into account as well

I don't know, man. For Powell, for instance, we know he can put the ball on the floor, finish with elite efficiency at the rim and shoot an occasional three. Definitely would rather take/retain him over Capela.

I’d rather have Capela, but only because he’s younger and can actually start for us. Powell is good, but I think this is his ceiling... Not sure Capela has reached his

The thing with Capela is he doesnt have a go-to move. He doesnt post up, he doesnt shoot jumpers, he's not so good with his free throws, and he doesnt shoot 3 pointers to stretch the floor too. Since he is 25, maybe Carlisle can teach him some moves but that's that.

I think Capela is the incentive for any team willing to take on Chris Paul right now. In which case, I'd have to say no. There is a reason why Morey chose to call Donnie first among all the other teams even if we are division rivals. And it's because he thinks Donnie is a sucker who he can trick into accepting such a deal. Luckily for us he said no. Now they are peddling Capela to Ainge and the Celtics to send him East.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Post#65 » by Mr B » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:56 pm

arkuo wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:
burek3 wrote:
I don't know, man. For Powell, for instance, we know he can put the ball on the floor, finish with elite efficiency at the rim and shoot an occasional three. Definitely would rather take/retain him over Capela.

I’d rather have Capela, but only because he’s younger and can actually start for us. Powell is good, but I think this is his ceiling... Not sure Capela has reached his

The thing with Capela is he doesnt have a go-to move. He doesnt post up, he doesnt shoot jumpers, he's not so good with his free throws, and he doesnt shoot 3 pointers to stretch the floor too. Since he is 25, maybe Carlisle can teach him some moves but that's that.

I think Capela is the incentive for any team willing to take on Chris Paul right now. In which case, I'd have to say no. There is a reason why Morey chose to call Donnie first among all the other teams even if we are division rivals. And it's because he thinks Donnie is a sucker who he can trick into accepting such a deal. Luckily for us he said no. Now they are peddling Capela to Ainge and the Celtics to send him East.

That wouldn’t be Capela’s role in Dallas. Mavs wouldn’t need him to post up or stretch the floor. That’s why they got KP. They need a compliment to KP. A guy that can crash the boards, play great defense, and be an elite roll man for Luka. That’s exactly what Capela is. Basically a younger version of DeAndre Jordan.

At this point though I don’t see the Mavs trading for Capela. Not unless they are a third team to make a bigger deal work for another team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#66 » by HairyGOATee » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:04 pm

Mr B wrote:
arkuo wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:

That wouldn’t be Capela’s role in Dallas. Mavs wouldn’t need him to post up or stretch the floor. That’s why they got KP. They need a compliment to KP. A guy that can crash the boards, play great defense, and be an elite roll man for Luka. That’s exactly what Capela is. Basically a younger version of DeAndre Jordan.

At this point though I don’t see the Mavs trading for Capela. Not unless they are a third team to make a bigger deal work for another team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, and not unless CP3, Eric Gordon, and/or PJ Tucker are involved in the deal as well. They won't get rid of Capela just for the heck of it.

But it would be cool if he learned how to post-up and stretch the floor. Obviously rim-running, crashing the boards, etc. is what you want him to do, but the post-up and shot range would be nice bonuses.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,901

Post#67 » by HMFFL » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:38 pm

dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,796

Post#68 » by dirkforpres » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:52 pm

HMFFL wrote:Harrison Barnes opts out of contract, seeking max deal. https://thesmokingcuban.com/2019/06/25/dallas-mavericks-harrison-barnes-opts-out-of-contract-seeking-max-deal/

Sent from my SM-N920P using RealGM mobile app

Love Barnes and I know you obviously have to say that you are seeking max dollars... but there is no way any team will ever offer him that contract again
FIRE JASON KIDD
MavsAlltheWay
Ballboy
And1: 47

Post#69 » by MavsAlltheWay » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:03 pm

HMFFL wrote:Harrison Barnes opts out of contract, seeking max deal. https://thesmokingcuban.com/2019/06/25/dallas-mavericks-harrison-barnes-opts-out-of-contract-seeking-max-deal/

Someone drug test this guy lol
arkuo
General Manager

Post#70 » by arkuo » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:31 pm

Boston emerged as new suitors for Kemba Walker.

Danny Ainge trying to keep his job after losing both Kyrie and Horford in one summer. LMAO
MavsAlltheWay
Ballboy
And1: 47

Post#71 » by MavsAlltheWay » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:38 pm

arkuo wrote:Boston emerged as new suitors for Kemba Walker.

Danny Ainge trying to keep his job after losing both Kyrie and Horford in one summer. LMAO

I just cant see Kemba leaving money on the table to play with Tatum and Brown lol
arkuo
General Manager

Post#72 » by arkuo » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:40 pm

MavsAlltheWay wrote:
arkuo wrote:Boston emerged as new suitors for Kemba Walker.

I just cant see Kemba leaving money on the table to play with Tatum and Brown lol

You cant blame Ainge for trying. He has vested interests in Boston. His son is he head for scouting too. He cant afford to get fired.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#73 » by HMFFL » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:20 pm

MavsAlltheWay wrote:

LOL....Too funny but true!

HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#74 » by HairyGOATee » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:03 pm

MavsAlltheWay wrote:

Maybe the NBA should begin some CTE studies of their own.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#75 » by HMFFL » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:51 pm

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#76 » by HMFFL » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:00 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Thankfully he turned us down.

Read on Twitter
?s=19

HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#77 » by HairyGOATee » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:36 pm

HMFFL wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Can't access twitter at work. What does the link say?
burek3
Pro Prospect
And1: 538

Post#78 » by burek3 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:11 am

HairyGOATee wrote:
HMFFL wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Can't access twitter at work. What does the link say?

1st: [Shams] Thunder center Nerlens Noel will not pick up his $1.9M player option for 2019-20 season and will be a free agent, league sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium. Noel and Thunder will discuss potential reunion, but several other teams are expected to express interest. 7:42 PM - 27 Jun 2019

2nd: [Woj] Nerlens Noel clearly betting on himself with acceptance of $4.1M QO. He turned down 4-year, $70M Mavs offer made on July 1, sources say. 7:31 PM - 26 Aug 2017
"Holy f**k" :o
- DeAndre Jordan
arkuo
General Manager

Post#79 » by arkuo » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:36 am

^ That bet on himself thing turned out bad for him and great for us. He just lost $70M essentially. 65M of which he cant make back IMO.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#80 » by HairyGOATee » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:09 pm

arkuo wrote:^ That bet on himself thing turned out bad for him and great for us. He just lost $70M essentially. 65M of which he cant make back IMO.

Yeah, Mavs got very lucky there. Although, I bet with more time, Carlisle could have turned Noel into something decent.

Return to Dallas Mavericks