ImageImageImage

RS 18/19 - G06 - Jazz @ Mavs (Sun, 7PM EST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Captain_Obvious
Lead Assistant
And1: 927

Re: RS 18/19 - G06 - Jazz @ Mavs (Sun, 7PM EST) 

Post#21 » by Captain_Obvious » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:12 am

DSJ with a great game tonight. Reminding me what he is capable of.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,038

Post#22 » by daoneandonly » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:21 am

Can the fans at home games take a stand and boo Matthews whenever he touches the badll. Trade Matthews chanrs. Maybe the FO will take notice
Captain_Obvious
Lead Assistant
And1: 927

Post#23 » by Captain_Obvious » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:27 am

Captain_Obvious wrote:DSJ with a great game tonight. Reminding me what he is capable of.

*delete*
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,979

Post#24 » by Archx » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:31 am

Luka was wide open 3 times in a row but they rather drove to the basket and losing the ball in the process... And don't even get me started about Wes and his hero ball play. Freaking useless idiot..
Absinthe
Pro Prospect
And1: 452

Post#25 » by Absinthe » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:04 am

I am willing to give Harrison Barnes ten games or so to get his feet under him. So far, he has been as bad as Matthews. No one on this team can hit a midrange jumper. When in the hell is Dirk coming back? He is vital for spacing.
burek3
Pro Prospect
And1: 538

Post#26 » by burek3 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:55 am

(triggered post, overreaction warning)

I don't know, Luka looked quite bust-y to me yesterday... Terrible (in)decisions, poor execution, blatant turnovers, mind totally out of the game. This is not Euroleague any more. Dirk should bitchslap him or something.

And don't even try to justify "solid game" with the stats. He had cost the team this W. He's not alone in it, but he has a big share.

Yes, DSJ missed a layup, big whoop, no need to **** on him.
"Holy f**k" :o
- DeAndre Jordan
wolfram
Junior
And1: 314

Post#27 » by wolfram » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:41 am

Probably a lot of talking between players and coaches after recent games. Must be getting into his head a bit. Luka will need to grow up quite a bit. I think this season we will see a lot of ups and downs. One must be consistent to be above average player. Conditioning/body fatigue is a factor when playing every other night.

How did he play on defense?
Archx
RealGM

Post#28 » by Archx » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:22 am

burek3 wrote:(triggered post, overreaction warning)

I don't know, Luka looked quite bust-y to me yesterday... Terrible (in)decisions, poor execution, blatant turnovers, mind totally out of the game. This is not Euroleague any more. Dirk should bitchslap him or something.

And don't even try to justify "solid game" with the stats. He had cost the team this W. He's not alone in it, but he has a big share.

Meh, he will have games like these. I mean look at Klay Thompson, or even Westbrook. They can't hit anything. Or Harden turning over the ball like it's a christmas present.
We have to know games like these will come around but what pisses me off the most is HOW these games actually play out. It's not like he was their nr1 guy this whole time, he was basically fighting with himself to get something going. I saw he can get to the basket anytime he wants but somehow he lost all the confidence to do so when Barnes returned.
And he looked injured as well. They already said he had back pains against TOR and vs Utah he even tweaked his leg. You could see on the bench that he had the warmup belt on for his back, so maybe that's why his confidence was low as well. Because so far he never played so soft.

I wouldn't really agree that he lost them the game since he started the turnaround, it was more "you know who's" fault when he tried to do all by himself. Also DSJ bricking 3 straight layups or losing the ball didn't help either while Luka was wide open on the 3pt line.
He is young and gets frustrated when he doesn't get the ball. That's why he even dribbled at the end around 3 or 4 guys and forced up some weird layup.
burek3
Pro Prospect

Post#29 » by burek3 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:47 am

Archx wrote:
burek3 wrote:(triggered post, overreaction warning)

Meh, he will have games like these. I mean look at Klay Thompson, or even Westbrook. They can't hit anything. Or Harden turning over the ball like it's a christmas present.
We have to know games like these will come around but what pisses me off the most is HOW these games actually play out. It's not like he was their nr1 guy this whole time, he was basically fighting with himself to get something going. I saw he can get to the basket anytime he wants but somehow he lost all the confidence to do so when Barnes returned.
And he looked injured as well. They already said he had back pains against TOR and vs Utah he even tweaked his leg. You could see on the bench that he had the warmup belt on for his back, so maybe that's why his confidence was low as well. Because so far he never played so soft.

I wouldn't really agree that he lost them the game since he started the turnaround, it was more "you know who's" fault when he tried to do all by himself. Also DSJ bricking 3 straight layups or losing the ball didn't help either while Luka was wide open on the 3pt line.
He is young and gets frustrated when he doesn't get the ball. That's why he even dribbled at the end around 3 or 4 guys and forced up some weird layup.

He was virtually non-existent in defense. Even before the tweaked leg.

They lost this game in defense (mainly transition), not offense. Exum had a warmup routine of coast to coast layups in 4th.

Also, seems like DAJ doesn't want to protect the rim. Kleber/Powel are so much more willing and energetic in defense it's not even funny any more.
- DeAndre Jordan
Archx
RealGM

Post#30 » by Archx » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:26 am

burek3 wrote:They lost this game in defense (mainly transition), not offense. Exum had a warmup routine of coast to coast layups in 4th.

Also, seems like DAJ doesn't want to protect the rim. Kleber/Powel are so much more willing and energetic in defense it's not even funny any more.

That's absolutely true. I am saying that since the start basically. But that's on RC to do something. He is the voice and the guy responsible for rotations. But hey, DAJ was close to triple double, better make sure he quickly runs to the offense to get that elusive assist. :D
burek3
Pro Prospect

Post#31 » by burek3 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:18 am

Archx wrote:
burek3 wrote:They lost this game in defense (mainly transition), not offense. Exum had a warmup routine of coast to coast layups in 4th.

That's absolutely true. I am saying that since the start basically. But that's on RC to do something. He is the voice and the guy responsible for rotations. But hey, DAJ was close to triple double, better make sure he quickly runs to the offense to get that elusive assist. :D

One funny thing about that potential trip dub: somewhere in the last ~40-20 seconds of the game, don't remember exactly the time, he could pass to Luka under the basket so that they both could stat pad (DAJ tripdub, Doncic 16p), but he chose to just dunk instead :)
- DeAndre Jordan
JamesConway
Sixth Man
And1: 1,014

Post#32 » by JamesConway » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:24 pm

Promising stat:

Dennis needed 11 games last season to have three 50% FG-performances.

This season it only took him five.

FG%, 2pt%, FT%, PER all up compared to his rookie year.

Nice to see him find his groove, he was great last night. Kept us in the game in the 3rd and drained a big three in the 4th.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,070

Post#33 » by Dirk » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:04 pm

Captain_Obvious wrote:DSJ with a great game tonight. Reminding me what he is capable of.

That was the lone positive out of this game for me. Just too many mistakes, cheap turnovers, missed layups, free throws.

Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Good to see the connection between them...

Nice play
60/21/10
Torgeir Bryn
Pro Prospect
And1: 657

Post#34 » by Torgeir Bryn » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:08 pm

But even when he has a great game like this and shoots 19 times, DSJ still didn't shoot a single FT. He really struggles finishing through contact and will throw up crazy shots or commit turnovers as he jumps in the air without a plan.

Return to Dallas Mavericks