Read on Twitter
?s=20

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,970

Re: RS 18/19 - G72 - Mavs @ Kings 

Post#4 » by Archx » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:28 am

Damn, when your first guy off the bench is Salah Mejri, you know your team is, well, to put it nicely, not that good :D
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,984

Post#5 » by Apz » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:34 am

Jackson starting good
Archx
RealGM

Post#6 » by Archx » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:08 am

Hmmm.. How many layups/tip ins, has Luka already missed this game? Incredible...
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#7 » by ejs78 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:43 am

It won't be until next off season but with a crowded backcourt in Sacto is there any interest in Bogdan?

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#8 » by leolozon » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:43 am

Luka is incredibly frustrating. He's missing so many easy shots, it's as if he's not concentrated. There's just something off about the way that offense is working,

I actually felt like he was going to have a good game in that first quarter... And with every misses, I was thinking : "It seems like the next one will go in." An now he's 3/14 and the team plays better without him. WTF...
wolfram
Junior
And1: 314

Post#9 » by wolfram » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:38 am

He gets frustrated with himself quite easy. Also he is not ready for a whole season. It was similar last year with less games.
wolfram
Junior

Post#10 » by wolfram » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:18 am

Anyways quite disapointed about this season. Roty award doesnt mean much. He can/should even lose it, if you ask me. Put a little fire in him for the summer. He has a long way to go.
XTraderXL
Sixth Man
And1: 1,342

Post#11 » by XTraderXL » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:29 am

wolfram wrote:Anyways quite disapointed about this season. Roty award doesnt mean much. He can/should even lose it, if you ask me. Put a little fire in him for the summer. He has a long way to go.

If he keeps playing like he has been recently and Trey keeps balling, then Luka should definitely not win the award. Its how you end the season that matters, not how you start it and those two have been polar opposites.

Same thing happened to Luka last year, the fall off was obvious in the second part of the season. I have been all over this all last year when I was talking about his physical fitness and how he will never be one of the best if he doesnt get his body to another level. Its now very clear what needs to be done. I was also sceptical about his discipline which is why I have my reservations about his ability to improve enough to be an elite player. I think physically he has that capability but I am not sure if his head is all there. I just hope he now sees and knows what he has to do so that he doesnt fall off like he did the last 2 years.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,056

Post#12 » by Dirk » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:44 am

wolfram wrote:Anyways quite disapointed about this season. Roty award doesnt mean much. He can/should even lose it, if you ask me. Put a little fire in him for the summer. He has a long way to go.

It's funny, but when everyone was drooling all over him... I didn't care about the Rookie award at all. Now that the roles are reversed, I still don't care about the awards (I don't care about how rookie x, y or z are doing), but let him win it and annoy those folks who have been resenting him all year. By the way, if users and/or trolls are using the rough ending of the season to derail and bait, hit the report button.

I just had a quick look at stats and while some filters paint a bad light on Luka, on the year... he's still fine compared with others. Doesn't look like no strong case can be made for him to lose that award.

Like you, I'd view these 'frustrations' in a positive light towards just fuelling his summer work, I wasn't that excited about him making the all star game for that very reason, while cool to see a rookie being all star day 1... it felt way too early. It's still ironic that he's finishing the year the way that maybe you'd imagine he'd start the year (filling out the stat sheet but on low percentages)... the concerning part for me is the mental aspect of it, meaning how many of the misses/bad decisions are out of frustration. On a game to game basis, ideally we'd see some change in some of the decisions and the patterns, but it feels like the team is approaching this as "he has to learn by fire" type thing.
60/21/10
Archx
RealGM

Post#13 » by Archx » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:22 pm

XTraderXL wrote:

If he keeps playing like he has been recently and Trey keeps balling, then Luka should definitely not win the award. Its how you end the season that matters, not how you start it and those two have been polar opposites.

Same thing happened to Luka last year, the fall off was obvious in the second part of the season. I have been all over this all last year when I was talking about his physical fitness and how he will never be one of the best if he doesnt get his body to another level. Its now very clear what needs to be done. I was also sceptical about his discipline which is why I have my reservations about his ability to improve enough to be an elite player. I think physically he has that capability but I am not sure if his head is all there. I just hope he now sees and knows what he has to do so that he doesnt fall off like he did the last 2 years.

Well in my opinion, yes he was dead tired in his last 2 months in Madrid but the difference between then and now is that he wasn't making so many stupid decisions as he is making now.

I mean, trying to force himself to the FT line with long fake 3pt shots but not hearing the whistle or missing simple layups because he is expecting a foul call but it never comes and then he just chucks it up and it rims out, or he even stopped passing to open team mates. He can still have a lot of good games when he has 7-10 assists and obviously a lot of the time his team is just missing. But his decision making to me looks questionable after all those trades. I think this tank mode affected him more than we can possibly think. I know someone will probably say that this is best for the team and how i am imagining things but i've said before, tanking for guys like Luka, will never bring any good.

People who didn't know him before, hopefully see now how emotional he is, even a little thing can derail his focus. You can see all of the frustrations that come with a season like this, are building up more and more. You can see how frustrated he gets when Rick takes him out of the game when he feels like they have a chance to win.
So with all of that, instead of finishing strong he is slumping very hard and hopefully with a proper team next year he can pick himself up. He's young but so are other rookies and i really hope Dirk stays with the team in some kind of capacity to teach him few things for the next season.
XTraderXL
Sixth Man
And1: 1,342

Post#14 » by XTraderXL » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:29 pm

Archx wrote:
XTraderXL wrote:

Well in my opinion, yes he was dead tired in his last 2 months in Madrid but the difference between then and now is that he wasn't making so many stupid decisions as he is making now.

I mean, trying to force himself to the FT line with long fake 3pt shots but not hearing the whistle or missing simple layups because he is expecting a foul call but it never comes and then he just chucks it up and it rims out, or he even stopped passing to open team mates. He can still have a lot of good games when he has 7-10 assists and obviously a lot of the time his team is just missing. But his decision making to me looks questionable after all those trades. I think this tank mode affected him more than we can possibly think. I know someone will probably say that this is best for the team and how i am imagining things but i've said before, tanking for guys like Luka, will never bring any good.

People who didn't know him before, hopefully see now how emotional he is, even a little thing can derail his focus. You can see all of the frustrations that come with a season like this, are building up more and more. You can see how frustrated he gets when Rick takes him out of the game when he feels like they have a chance to win.
So with all of that, instead of finishing strong he is slumping very hard and hopefully with a proper team next year he can pick himself up. He's young but so are other rookies and i really hope Dirk stays with the team in some kind of capacity to teach him few things for the next season.

The difference in decision making between last year and this year is that last year he actually played for something and he knew he has to be smart and make good decisions. This year they are not playing for anything so his focus is different and he also doesnt care as much which is understandable as Dallas is tryng to lose. I would be worried if this would be going on the whole year but it only came after the trades. It is what it is, no reason to worry about it. He has already shown what he can do and he will get better next season.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,859

Post#15 » by dirkules_41 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:48 pm

I'm not sure what you guys are smoking. Even lately Trae hasn't been closing the gap, he has played on a similar level to Luka but Luka was a league or two above all year.

You're talking about a guy who just turned 20 and has been playing non stop competitive basketball for years now. Kid simply needs a break and some teammates who can actually knock down a wide open shot he sets them up with.
He needs a holiday and a purpose, right now we're all just waiting for the season to be over and us to land a top 5 pick somehow.
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 849

Post#16 » by Teffer10 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:31 pm

Dirk wrote:

It's funny, but when everyone was drooling all over him... I didn't care about the Rookie award at all. Now that the roles are reversed, I still don't care about the awards (I don't care about how rookie x, y or z are doing), but let him win it and annoy those folks who have been resenting him all year. By the way, if users and/or trolls are using the rough ending of the season to derail and bait, hit the report button.

I just had a quick look at stats and while some filters paint a bad light on Luka, on the year... he's still fine compared with others. Doesn't look like no strong case can be made for him to lose that award.

Like you, I'd view these 'frustrations' in a positive light towards just fuelling his summer work, I wasn't that excited about him making the all star game for that very reason, while cool to see a rookie being all star day 1... it felt way too early. It's still ironic that he's finishing the year the way that maybe you'd imagine he'd start the year (filling out the stat sheet but on low percentages)... the concerning part for me is the mental aspect of it, meaning how many of the misses/bad decisions are out of frustration. On a game to game basis, ideally we'd see some change in some of the decisions and the patterns, but it feels like the team is approaching this as "he has to learn by fire" type thing.

I'm wondering how much of it has to do with frustration of defenses keying solely on him. Teams are probably thinking/strategizing "smother Luka and let's take our chances with Brunson, Powell, Jackson or one of their other bench caliber players beating us".
It has to be wearing Luka down both physically and mentally that he virtually has no help that is being taken seriously by opposing defense strategies.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,984

Post#17 » by Apz » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:04 am

Pretty sure its about the tanking. He have never experienced not playing to win and u see him being frustrated when he gets subbed. Going from all games must be won til leadership wanting to lose is psychological. Everything Went fine until KP and HB trades, and all those weird subs when he is getting into rhytm and get subbed. The draft system in US sports is a joke imo
wolfram
Junior

Post#18 » by wolfram » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:59 am

Apz wrote:Pretty sure its about the tanking. He have never experienced not playing to win and u see him being frustrated when he gets subbed. Going from all games must be won til leadership wanting to lose is psychological. Everything Went fine until KP and HB trades, and all those weird subs when he is getting into rhytm and get subbed. The draft system in US sports is a joke imo

It will be a joke when Dallas lands the 6th pick.
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 849

Post#19 » by Teffer10 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:56 am

wolfram wrote:
Apz wrote:Pretty sure its about the tanking. He have never experienced not playing to win and u see him being frustrated when he gets subbed. Going from all games must be won til leadership wanting to lose is psychological. Everything Went fine until KP and HB trades, and all those weird subs when he is getting into rhytm and get subbed. The draft system in US sports is a joke imo

It will be a joke when Dallas lands the 6th pick.

Is there much difference between 6 and 14?

After 3 or 4 we wouldn't be getting much anyway in terms of being a potential third option star to go with Luka and KP.
Might as well let it go this year if it isn't a top 3 so we can move on, and if nothing else, have next year's pick as a trade piece going into the off-season.
wolfram
Junior

Post#20 » by wolfram » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:37 am

Why tanking then? Or they just suck so bad?

Return to Dallas Mavericks