And1: 1,091

KP Probe 

Post#1 » by ejs78 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:42 pm

dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,832

Re: KP Probe 

Post#2 » by dirkforpres » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:08 am

There is a 0% chance he did this hours after suffering that kind of injury. What a ludicrous claim
FIRE JASON KIDD
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#3 » by Stillwater » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:46 am

Wow the audacity of people trying to ruin somebody...assuming thats what this is. But it has to be investigated none the less, and if he's found guilty of it he's finished and Dallas is SOL sad sad sad
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Imon
Head Coach
And1: 6,263

Post#4 » by Imon » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:56 am

Damn, this is a bad look for the Mavs after the whole hostile work place controversy...

Hopefully the authorities can do a quick and thorough investigation of this and the Mavs can get past this - one way or another.
jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,566

Post#5 » by jpengland » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:14 am

dirkforpres wrote:There is a 0% chance he did this hours after suffering that kind of injury. What a ludicrous claim

Let's stop with that talk, right now.

There is absoloutely not 0% chance he did anything.

The vast, vast majority of rape accusers are not liars.

If we knew this, which it seems that we did, we shouldn't have gone near this trade.
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,291

Post#6 » by Jstock12 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:27 am

Strange times we live in. I wonder if it's one of those cases like Louis CK where the woman gives consent, but a few years later says she felt threatened to say no.
XTraderXL
Sixth Man
And1: 1,342

Post#7 » by XTraderXL » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:18 am

I call bull. There is maybe 1% chance this actually happened the way she is claiming. Girl power...
Jellybeans
Starter
And1: 2,346

Post#8 » by Jellybeans » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:49 am

An NYPD source familiar with the investigation told DailyMail.com: 'It’s a ridiculous accusation without any merit.'
When asked if police believe her, the source said: 'Maybe her mother believes her but no one else does.'
The source said that Porzingis and the women 'had a consensual sexual ongoing relationship.'
'I’m not sure how long it was going on but it continued well after her alleged incident which is a huge red flag,' the source said."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6868999/Woman-Kristaps-Porzingis-neighbor-says-ex-Knicks-star-raped-her.html
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,832

Post#9 » by dirkforpres » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:53 pm

jpengland wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:There is a 0% chance he did this hours after suffering that kind of injury. What a ludicrous claim

If we knew this, which it seems that we did, we shouldn't have gone near this trade.

This is the only part of your post I agree with. At the very least, we shouldn’t have had to throw in 2 unprotected firsts.

The fact that this girl willingly went to his house at 2am, was willing to be bought out for her silence for a pretty small amount, and then waited a year to even say anything (and only because she wasn’t getting paid anymore) makes this more than a little suspicious.
FIRE JASON KIDD
jpengland
Head Coach

Post#10 » by jpengland » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:24 pm

Jellybeans wrote:An NYPD source familiar with the investigation told DailyMail.com: 'It’s a ridiculous accusation without any merit.'
When asked if police believe her, the source said: 'Maybe her mother believes her but no one else does.'
The source said that Porzingis and the women 'had a consensual sexual ongoing relationship.'
'I’m not sure how long it was going on but it continued well after her alleged incident which is a huge red flag,' the source said."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6868999/Woman-Kristaps-Porzingis-neighbor-says-ex-Knicks-star-raped-her.html

First of all, never, ever believe anything published by the Daily Mail.

Second, never, ever, ever believe anything published by the Daily Mail.
jpengland
Head Coach

Post#11 » by jpengland » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:28 pm

dirkforpres wrote:
jpengland wrote:

This is the only part of your post I agree with. At the very least, we shouldn’t have had to throw in 2 unprotected firsts.

The fact that this girl willingly went to his house at 2am, was willing to be bought out for her silence for a pretty small amount, and then waited a year to even say anything (and only because she wasn’t getting paid anymore) makes this more than a little suspicious.

Going to a house at 2am is not consent. Nor is being in any kind of relationship.

Is it really beyond the realms of belief that she decided she wasn't really into it, that night, for any reason?

Look, I'm not saying he did it. But the fact is that the vast majority of accusations are genuine. It can be a difference in opinion and maybe KP thought he had consent - but the liklihood is that she didn't feel (for whatever reason) that consent was given for KP to do whatever he did.

68,000 isn't an insignificant amount, it may be that she felt that was enough closure and she understood how damn difficult it is to get a conviction in these instances. Hell, given how shady some of KPs representation has been in the past, maybe they leant on her. I dunno.

There are 1001 ways this could have gone down but right now we have no reason (and shouldn't) to doubt that this woman believes an unconsenual action occurred.
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#12 » by malik959 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:34 pm

Jellybeans wrote:An NYPD source familiar with the investigation told DailyMail.com: 'It’s a ridiculous accusation without any merit.'

Not trying to be a troll here or anything, but "ongoing relation" does not matter when it comes to rape laws. You can be married for years and claim your husband raped you.

Also, when tearing your ACL you should still have strong enough functionally in your knee that enables you to perform normal duties, walking, bending, straight line running. After icing any swelling will go down. A lot of people don't even realize they've torn their ACL. I myself went three weeks thinking I had a slight sprain and continued my normal operations as an officer and decided 3 weeks later to get a checkup because "Something just didn't feel right."
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 849

Post#13 » by Teffer10 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:14 pm

malik959 wrote:

Not trying to be a troll here or anything, but "ongoing relation" does not matter when it comes to rape laws. You can be married for years and claim your husband raped you.

Also, when tearing your ACL you should still have strong enough functionally in your knee that enables you to perform normal duties, walking, bending, straight line running. After icing any swelling will go down. A lot of people don't even realize they've torn their ACL. I myself went three weeks thinking I had a slight sprain and continued my normal operations as an officer and decided 3 weeks later to get a checkup because "Something just didn't feel right."

True but much more difficult to prove in an "ongoing relationship".
There's a huge gray area between consensual and nonconsensual in an ongoing relationship or marriage.
The burden of proof is much heavier on the accuser when there is an established relationship.
Captain_Obvious
Lead Assistant
And1: 927

Post#14 » by Captain_Obvious » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:47 pm

By the nature of those accusations I expect more women to step forward, if the accusations are true. As a Mavs fan, I hope this will not be the case and this whole chapter is fabricated.

I think we are going to find out sooner than later.
RigelianAle
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#15 » by RigelianAle » Mon Apr 1, 2019 2:09 am

Don't fall for this mumbo jumbo, that's what this is. Mumbo jumbo.

A vast number of these "accusations" are hoaxes.

KP will be here for the next decade, I wouldn't worry about this story even one iota.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#16 » by magnumt » Mon Apr 1, 2019 6:21 am

jpengland wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:
jpengland wrote:

Going to a house at 2am is not consent. Nor is being in any kind of relationship.

Is it really beyond the realms of belief that she decided she wasn't really into it, that night, for any reason?

Look, I'm not saying he did it. But the fact is that the vast majority of accusations are genuine. It can be a difference in opinion and maybe KP thought he had consent - but the liklihood is that she didn't feel (for whatever reason) that consent was given for KP to do whatever he did.

68,000 isn't an insignificant amount, it may be that she felt that was enough closure and she understood how damn difficult it is to get a conviction in these instances. Hell, given how shady some of KPs representation has been in the past, maybe they leant on her. I dunno.

There are 1001 ways this could have gone down but right now we have no reason (and shouldn't) to doubt that this woman believes an unconsenual action occurred.

This might also elaborate on how “fake” it is, because some of the details are too specific otherwise (like the $68K amount or the name calling & beatings). :dontknow:

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1821841&p=73989127#p73989064

—Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
The KnicksFix
Sixth Man
And1: 1,560

Post#17 » by The KnicksFix » Mon Apr 1, 2019 6:41 am

RigelianAle wrote:Don't fall for this mumbo jumbo, that's what this is. Mumbo jumbo.

A vast number of these "accusations" are hoaxes.

KP will be here for the next decade, I wouldn't worry about this story even one iota.

While that may be true, as a knick fan we said the same thing... but it was always something with the dude, whether himself or his management team, or his brother, it was always something that he consistently went against the grain for, so we eventually dropped him. lets see how this plays out before calling it a hoax
JamesConway
Sixth Man
And1: 1,014

Post#18 » by JamesConway » Mon Apr 1, 2019 3:16 pm

Read on Twitter

(...) In the handwritten letter that she described as a contractual agreement with Porzingis for payment of $68,000 -- a copy of which was obtained by ESPN -- Porzingis' name is misspelled and it is unclear whether the signature belongs to him.

(...) In a statement to ESPN on Sunday, Riopelle said: "Mr. Porzingis denies signing the alleged contract, which we believe is a forgery. When asked to produce the original contract for handwriting analysis, the complainant declined to do so. (...)"

Read on Twitter
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#19 » by Pinkyring » Mon Apr 1, 2019 4:15 pm

Yeah seems like bs and if im him id sue the brakes off her. So he allegedly beat and sexually assaulted u and u still hung out with him until 11am and enjoyed your time. Following this u still continued to text asking about hooking up and send him nudes....... this mess shouldn't even be reviewed
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,291

Post#20 » by Jstock12 » Mon Apr 1, 2019 7:15 pm

All these scammers/fake accusers should be outed. First name, last name, photo. What kind of BS is that you can ruin someone's reputation while staying anonymous? Porzingis will carry a certain type of stigma from now on regardless if he's guilty or innocent. He's already lost in the court of public opinion, even if the majority of people believe his side of the story.

Return to Dallas Mavericks