Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,492

Re: KP Probe 

Post#21 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Apr 1, 2019 7:59 pm

jpengland wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:There is a 0% chance he did this hours after suffering that kind of injury. What a ludicrous claim

Let's stop with that talk, right now.

There is absoloutely not 0% chance he did anything.

The vast, vast majority of rape accusers are not liars.

If we knew this, which it seems that we did, we shouldn't have gone near this trade.

Yeah, I'm a bit alarmed by the number of people immediately chiming on on serious accusations that they know very little or nothing about.

I would urge patience before jumping in to destroy or discredit either party.

My main concern is: what did the Mavs front office know when they finalized this deal?
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,289

Post#22 » by Jstock12 » Mon Apr 1, 2019 8:21 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
jpengland wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:There is a 0% chance he did this hours after suffering that kind of injury. What a ludicrous claim

If we knew this, which it seems that we did, we shouldn't have gone near this trade.

Yeah, I'm a bit alarmed by the number of people immediately chiming on on serious accusations that they know very little or nothing about.

My main concern is: what did the Mavs front office know when they finalized this deal?

Unless the Mav front office knew for a fact that Porzingis did this (and I have no idea how they could know that), it shouldn't matter. Innocent until proven guilty.
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#23 » by Pinkyring » Mon Apr 1, 2019 8:45 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
jpengland wrote:

Based on what's out, we have enough information to form an opinion. According to her he allegedly beat and sexually assaulted her around 2am yet she still stayed there until 11 to as she wrote she still hung around and enjoyed the rest of the time she spent with him. Furthermore she also continued afterwards to text him about sexual encounters and send him nudes. Doesn't take brain surgery to figure out this is a joke
RigelianAle
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#24 » by RigelianAle » Mon Apr 1, 2019 10:01 pm

The only question regarding KP is whether he will average 25+ next year.

Everything else is noise.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#25 » by Andrew McCeltic » Tue Apr 2, 2019 2:12 am

Given the Mavs' poor track record, they only make the trade knowing about the allegations if they're fools, or disgustingly sexist, or if they're very confident the accusation has no merit.
Plutonashfan
Analyst
And1: 3,128

Post#26 » by Plutonashfan » Tue Apr 2, 2019 5:05 am

they''ll be fine sounds like she was trying to extort money
The Champ is HERE!!!
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#27 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Apr 2, 2019 11:44 am

Pinkyring wrote:Based on what's out, we have enough information to form an opinion.

Hmmm.

'Believe women', Unless it conflicts with my favorite sports team.

In which case, 'Immediately discredit and disregard women.'

Nice to see we've all learned a valuable lesson from the #MeToo movement.

I have no idea what occurred. No emotional stake in the argument.

And thusly will back away slowly and carefully to a less controversial topic.

Spoiler:
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#28 » by Pinkyring » Tue Apr 2, 2019 3:33 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:Based on what's out, we have enough information to form an opinion.

Hmmm.

Spoiler:

I will never just believe anybody story regardless of sex until i get some facts, this has zero to do with what team i support, based on the information available, it points to an extortion attempt. Why are you even in the mavs board to begin with
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,036

Post#29 » by Dirk » Tue Apr 2, 2019 4:42 pm

Pinkyring wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

Hmmm.

Spoiler:

I will never just believe anybody story regardless of sex until i get some facts, this has zero to do with what team i support, based on the information available, it points to an extortion attempt. Why are you even in the mavs board to begin with

Jamaaliver, you're totally welcome on the Mavs board.

But for what it's worth:

1) I can confirm, Pinkyring's opinion would be the same, regardless of the team involved here.

2) He is giving his own opinion on the matter. He doesn't represent the Mavericks fanbase as a whole... I write this because there are always some folks who read an opion by some fan and they will write "sheesh, Mavs fans think x or y or z".

3) Pinkyring's opinion in this particular case isn't that abnormal. Given the reports available, it's not shocking that many share his opinion. Check the Knicks board. They have a long thread where initially they were mocking KP and then as reports came out with details, they began to change their tune...

3) I am not invested in trying to figure out whether someone is a rapist or not. I'll just wait for the investigation to finish and then read the conclusions.

However I will say that it's not a good idea to take every allegation the same way and then bring up a whole "movement". Each situation individually. If you feel there's enough facts for you to have an opinion, then by all means have your opinion. What I don't think you should do is... "I have no idea what occurred", but then you lump this case into the "me too" movement, whatever that means. If the allegations are debunked, you indirectly undermine a 'whole movement' --- you recently saw that Smollet thing where some were quick to use him as an example of "being lynched"... and then after he was exposed, that ends up undermining other people.

Personally, forget this thing existed. Forget he was accused of rape by a girl. I was already not that excited about this KP entourage thing. It's not very logical what happened with him in New York, wanting out of there when a massive extension was around the corner and he had a chance of being the face of NY. So, even if this thing ends up with no repercussions, it's still another red flag because he put himself in that situation --- now, many players have been in bad relationships and make bad decisions all the time and are still great players, so... time will tell how KP works out with the Mavs. I do hope that all these things (history with the Knicks, injury, allegations) play a factor in contract negotiations and he isn't simply given out a full max with no off-sets.

And to answer your original question, there are conflicting reports of what the Mavs knew. One common trait is that the Mavs did know something. At least the 'extortion' bit. That alone is enough to make you think they'd do their due diligence on the matter. It's actually ironic because I felt the Knicks got a decent haul out of a disgruntled player. If I knew that on top of that he was dealing with extortion and/or being accused of rape (in this internet age where he'll now carry that accusation for life), I'd be even more shocked with their return.
60/21/10
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#30 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Apr 2, 2019 4:53 pm

Dirk wrote:Jamaaliver, you're totally welcome on the Mavs board.

But for what it's worth:

1) I can confirm, Pinkyring's opinion would be the same, regardless of the team involved here.

I appreciate the sentiment, Dirk.

And it was unfair of me to display his quote when stating my dismay with public reaction in general.

I've seen a number of posts across Real GM (and social media) taking shots at the accuser, even before the Woj and NY Post stories.

I'm of the age now, where I've seen these things play out any number of ways...and prefer to wait things out before coming to a judgment.

Again, I appreciate the kind words.

And I apologize to the poster above for the miscommunication on my part. I didn't intend to single him out. But undeniably did so...

With all that said -- patience is always prudent.

-- An old Atlanta Hawks fan who's been wrong way too many times in life.
SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man
And1: 279

Post#31 » by SOUNDCHASER » Wed Apr 3, 2019 3:12 am

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26414381/woman-wanted-knicks-mediate-porzingis?platform=amp&__twitter_impression=true&fbclid=IwAR3KfA4SMSvL-odhLCiS3Bj_1-kApLFDQmg16O2Z5kCBVeE3V0t88BZ2aNo

The woman's correspondence with the Knicks' legal staff came in the aftermath of text message communication between her and Porzingis. Texts sent in the weeks following the alleged assault included the woman asking to spend intimate time with Porzingis. Some of those messages included the woman sending explicit photos of herself.

Return to Dallas Mavericks