ImageImageImage

Free Agents 2019

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Re: Free Agents 2019 

Post#21 » by stitches » Thu May 9, 2019 5:31 pm

juanc wrote:May I ask what is so special about Favours? What does he do that much better than Powell?

Check his stats at center(him without Gobert on the floor). They are insane. Per 36 they are something like 21pts/14rbs/2ast/2.5blk/1.2stl on 67% TS with great defense.

He's a very good defender and a great rim roller and finisher at the rim altogether.

If for some reason we decide to trade him or let him walk(probably need to be signing high end FA in order for this to happen), whoever gets him will be one lucky team. IMO he's around top 10-12 center in the league... he's better center than the likes of Steven Adams, DeAndre Jordan, etc. His problem right now is that he's on a team with Gobert and has to play half his minutes out of position and the other half behind Gobert.
stitches
RealGM

Post#22 » by stitches » Thu May 9, 2019 5:34 pm

bran muffin wrote:
arkuo wrote:If we pass on this year's FA crop, there will be Draymond next year and there's a pretty high chance GSW wont sign him to the max.

dirkforpres wrote:Of the guys you listed, only Beverley really intrigues me.

I'm not a huge fan of giving out a long term contracts to aging players like Draymond (30), Beverly (31) and Danny Green (32). Given their age, I don't expect any of them to accept any contract shorter than 4 years.

If the Mavs fail to sign a max player this summer, I'd go ahead and sign ALL THREE of the guys below. It's possible if they stretch waive Courtney Lee.

Derrick Favors (28): $15M
Fair chance the Jazz will release him before his salary becomes guaranteed on July 5. They're not going to pay him $18 mil to average only 23 minutes again. If the Mavs get Derrick Favors, they can let go of Dwight Powell (who is same age as Favors).

Nikola Mirotic (28): $15M
A real stretch four and a tag-team alternate to Derrick Favors. Having both Porzingis & Mirotic on the court together will really open up the offense. Porzingis, Favors and Mirotic will rotate at the 2 big spots for about 30 minutes each.

Malcolm Brogdon (26): $20M
Mavs can't offer him that much without first stretch waiving Courtney Lee. $20M may be enough to keep the Bucks from matching.

C : Derrick Favors / Maxi Kleber

PF: Kristaps Porzingis / Nikola Mirotic

SF: Luka Doncic / Dorian Finney-Smith

SG: Justin Jackson / Tim Hardaway Jr.

PG: Malcolm Brogdon / Jalen Brunson

The Jazz will NOT release Favors, unless they get commitment from one of the top free agents. Dennis Lindsey has already said they plan on keeping him.
bran muffin
Starter
And1: 3,441

Post#23 » by bran muffin » Thu May 9, 2019 6:07 pm

stitches wrote:Dennis Lindsey has already said they plan on keeping him.

Of course Dennis Lindsay will say that. What else do you expect him to say: "Hey everyone, don't bother trading us draft picks for Derrick Favors because we're totally gonna release him on July 5".
stitches
RealGM

Post#24 » by stitches » Thu May 9, 2019 6:12 pm

bran muffin wrote:
stitches wrote:Dennis Lindsey has already said they plan on keeping him.

Of course Dennis Lindsay will say that. What else do you expect him to say: "Hey everyone, don't bother trading us draft picks for Derrick Favors because we're totally gonna release him on July 5".

Heh, it's not like that. I don't think they will get a pick from someone and especially not without taking on salary. The Jazz really like Favors and he played great this year. Really no reason to release him unless you are making room for someone much better.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#25 » by arkuo » Thu May 9, 2019 6:43 pm

Teffer10 wrote:
arkuo wrote:Would it be a crazy idea if we are able to sign BOTH Pat Beverly and Malcolm Brogdon this summer?

Hear me out.

Brogdon for $20M to play SG both in offense and defense.
Dedmon for $10M (That pretty much covers the $30M cap room)
Beverly for $9M (By using the over the cap MLE)

C- Dedmon / Powell
PF- Porzingis / Kleber
SF- Doncic / Jackson
SG- Brogdon / Hardaway Jr
PG- Beverly / Brunson / Burke

Not crazy but is certainly a stretch.
We'd be damn lucky to land Brogdon AND either Beverly OR Dedmon.

If we somehow pry Brogdon away from Bucks I'll be doing cartwheels and backflips.
Mavs should seriously consider overpaying for him but the offer will need to be steep because of the restriction and accompanying risk.

Another idea I like is to overpay for two years of Al Horford, and sign Pat Beverly to the $9.2M MLE.

Horford opposite KP in the paint. Pat Bev opposite Luka in the backcourt.
Jinra
Starter
And1: 121

Post#26 » by Jinra » Fri May 10, 2019 6:28 pm

arkuo wrote:Would it be a crazy idea if we are able to sign BOTH Pat Beverly and Malcolm Brogdon this summer?

Hear me out.

C- Dedmon / Powell
PF- Porzingis / Kleber
SF- Doncic / Jackson

I would honestly love to see Kemba Walker in Dallas. I say him because he is probably the most realistic of all the high profile FAs. But if he goes elsewhere, then I would be 100% as excited if your roster was the starting roster in 2019.
Dallas Mavericks 2011 NBA World Champions!!!
juanc
Pro Prospect
And1: 835

Post#27 » by juanc » Sat May 11, 2019 4:41 am

Jinra wrote:

Hear me out.

C- Dedmon / Powell
PF- Porzingis / Kleber
SF- Doncic / Jackson

I would honestly love to see Kemba Walker in Dallas. I say him because he is probably the most realistic of all the high profile FAs. But if he goes elsewhere, then I would be 100% as excited if your roster was the starting roster in 2019.

Just add DFS in, and it would be perfect :D
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 845

Post#28 » by Teffer10 » Sat May 11, 2019 9:18 am

Jinra wrote:

Hear me out.

C- Dedmon / Powell
PF- Porzingis / Kleber
SF- Doncic / Jackson

I don't think there is any question the Mavs are targeting Kemba this off-season because they want more "firepower" and as you mention he is the most achievable.
He wouldn't be my first choice but I'd much rather see them sign him on day one than waste their time with top tier pipe dreams or wait out RFAs while realistic good FAs get signed elsewhere.

I think a somewhat realistic FA off-season would be Kemba/Davis and with a little luck retain our draft pick.

This would be pretty sweet for me:

Kemba/Brunson/Barea
Luka/THJ/Broek
Barrett/Jackson/DFS
KP/Maxi/Kostas
Davis/Powell/Mejri
Pointguard01
RealGM
And1: 223

Post#29 » by Pointguard01 » Sat May 11, 2019 2:13 pm

Teffer10 wrote:
Jinra wrote:

Hear me out.

C- Dedmon / Powell
PF- Porzingis / Kleber
SF- Doncic / Jackson

I don't think there is any question the Mavs are targeting Kemba this off-season because they want more "firepower" and as you mention he is the most achievable.
He wouldn't be my first choice but I'd much rather see them sign him on day one than waste their time with top tier pipe dreams or wait out RFAs while realistic good FAs get signed elsewhere.

I think a somewhat realistic FA off-season would be Kemba/Davis and with a little luck retain our draft pick.

Kemba/Brunson/Barea
Luka/THJ/Broek
Barrett/Jackson/DFS
KP/Maxi/Kostas
Davis/Powell/Mejri

1. Wait, who is Davis? Maybe its too early for me...lol
2. Is Barrett the right fit next to Luka/KP? I actually would be nervous passing on him but I know he also could not be the right guy to put on this team.
3. Do we bring back DFS if he's our 3rd string? Esp if we draft a wing? I guess it depends on the price tag.
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#30 » by Pinkyring » Sat May 11, 2019 4:42 pm

Pointguard01 wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:
Jinra wrote:

Kemba/Brunson/Barea
Luka/THJ/Broek
Barrett/Jackson/DFS
KP/Maxi/Kostas
Davis/Powell/Mejri

1. Wait, who is Davis? Maybe its too early for me...lol
2. Is Barrett the right fit next to Luka/KP? I actually would be nervous passing on him but I know he also could not be the right guy to put on this team.
3. Do we bring back DFS if he's our 3rd string? Esp if we draft a wing? I guess it depends on the price tag.

There is no reason to keep dfs, he's an energy guy that can't shoot consistently, essily replaceable, what i want to see happen is sign kemba, trade lee for snell and Jackson for dwight howard. Im on the fence with keeping maxi but if its 3/15-18 sure

Kemba/Brunson/barea
Snell/thj
Luka thj
Kp/maxi
Dwight/powell/maxi

Thats a solid roster we just need to add some wing depth cheap.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#31 » by HMFFL » Sat May 11, 2019 6:04 pm

What it would cost to sign Patrick Beverley

The Dallas Mavericks have interest in Patrick Beverley and by the looks of things, there could be mutual interest from both parties. What would it cost for the Mavs to land the 30-year old guard?

There are going to be some moves made by the Dallas Mavericks this summer. That is just the fact of the matter and Mavs fans around the world should be very excited about this likelihood. Whether the team is able to land a star or goes with a Plan B of grabbing two guys not in the top tier, things are looking up for the team after three years worth of rebuilding.

The Mavs are among many teams reportedly interested in adding the veteran to their roster this year, so what would they have to offer to get a deal good enough to win him over?

Beverley made a little over $5 million this year. His biggest income in a regular season so far in his career was $6.5 million in 2015-16 while with the Rockets. I don’t think it is difficult to make an argument that Bev has earned more than that in his upcoming deal. https://thesmokingcuban.com/2019/05/10/dallas-mavericks-what-it-would-cost-to-sign-patrick-beverley/

Sent from my SM-N920P using RealGM mobile app
burek3
Pro Prospect
And1: 538

Post#32 » by burek3 » Sat May 11, 2019 7:12 pm

2/18? 3/22 maybe?
"Holy f**k" :o
- DeAndre Jordan
The Sparest
Bench Warmer
And1: 446

Post#33 » by The Sparest » Sun May 12, 2019 9:36 am

HMFFL wrote:What it would cost to sign Patrick Beverley

The Dallas Mavericks have interest in Patrick Beverley and by the looks of things, there could be mutual interest from both parties. What would it cost for the Mavs to land the 30-year old guard?

There are going to be some moves made by the Dallas Mavericks this summer. That is just the fact of the matter and Mavs fans around the world should be very excited about this likelihood. Whether the team is able to land a star or goes with a Plan B of grabbing two guys not in the top tier, things are looking up for the team after three years worth of rebuilding.

The Mavs are among many teams reportedly interested in adding the veteran to their roster this year, so what would they have to offer to get a deal good enough to win him over?

Beverley made a little over $5 million this year. His biggest income in a regular season so far in his career was $6.5 million in 2015-16 while with the Rockets. I don’t think it is difficult to make an argument that Bev has earned more than that in his upcoming deal. https://thesmokingcuban.com/2019/05/10/dallas-mavericks-what-it-would-cost-to-sign-patrick-beverley/

I've said before I would like Beverly here, and I would be happy with 3 years for 25 to 30 million, which is basically MLE tier money. Brogdon would still be my first choice though, just because of age.
AKA: Sparey Spareman
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#34 » by arkuo » Sun May 12, 2019 2:56 pm

With Luka being a non traditional point guard, we can afford to run a non traditional lineup.

Just look at the past lineups with Lebron and we csn build something similar. Play making from the SF position means we can afford to just have shooters anywhere on the floor.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#35 » by HMFFL » Tue May 14, 2019 12:25 pm

As Trey Burke Enters Free Agency, His Future With The Dallas Mavericks Becomes Uncertain

https://www.forbes.com/sites/doylerader/2019/05/14/trey-burke-free-agency-cap-hold-dallas-mavericks/#22fa461c319e

Jinra
Starter

Post#36 » by Jinra » Tue May 14, 2019 2:31 pm

HMFFL wrote:As Trey Burke Enters Free Agency, His Future With The Dallas Mavericks Becomes Uncertain

https://www.forbes.com/sites/doylerader/2019/05/14/trey-burke-free-agency-cap-hold-dallas-mavericks/#22fa461c319e

I personally want Trey back...
bran muffin
Starter
And1: 3,441

Post#37 » by bran muffin » Tue May 14, 2019 5:41 pm

I like Trey Burke. But he is largely redundant with Jalen Brunson. They're great players to have off the bench. But I wouldn't be comfortable handing either one the starting job on a permanent basis. There's no sense in keeping both of them. Especially if the Mavs wind up with Kemba. Or Middleton, who forces Luka to start at point guard.

Brunson is already locked into a minimum salary contract for 3 more years. Burke would cost way more than just the vet minimum salary. I expect he'll get at least the $5M Room MLE from some team out there. So I think Burke is as good as gone.

The 3rd point guard spot will likely go to J.J. Barea because he will be available for the vet minimum. Also because the Mavs already lost too much veteran leadership in the past few months (Dirk, Wes, Barnes, Devin, DAJ).
Jinra
Starter

Post#38 » by Jinra » Tue May 14, 2019 6:29 pm

bran muffin wrote:I like Trey Burke. But he is largely redundant with Jalen Brunson. They're great players to have off the bench. But I wouldn't be comfortable handing either one the starting job on a permanent basis. There's no sense in keeping both of them. Especially if the Mavs wind up with Kemba. Or Middleton, who forces Luka to start at point guard.

Brunson is already locked into a minimum salary contract for 3 more years. Burke would cost way more than just the vet minimum salary. I expect he'll get at least the $5M Room MLE from some team out there. So I think Burke is as good as gone.

The 3rd point guard spot will likely go to J.J. Barea because he will be available for the vet minimum. Also because the Mavs already lost too much veteran leadership in the past few months (Dirk, Wes, Barnes, Devin, DAJ).

Yeah, I get it. As long as they don't bring back D Harris and Wes Matthews too. :P
Bluelabel24
Junior
And1: 51

Post#39 » by Bluelabel24 » Tue May 14, 2019 11:03 pm

if given the option who would you guys choose between Al Farouq Aminu or Jamychal Green..
I really think we need that sf/pf guy who can handle the post too. Both guys are very similar when it comes to age, height, FG%,3pt% and projected salary. both also have playoff experience, and can defend.
I guess id give a little edge to Jamychal green because hes much more of a bruiser down low.
Pointguard01
RealGM
And1: 223

Post#40 » by Pointguard01 » Tue May 14, 2019 11:08 pm

Jamychal Green would be great. He’s likely much cheaper than Aminu.

Return to Dallas Mavericks