Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Another KP incident  

Post#1 » by ejs78 » Sun May 12, 2019 6:53 pm

Read on Twitter

Don't know the whole story yet.

KP simply may need better people around him to keep him out of potential trouble.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,291

Re: Another KP incident 

Post#2 » by Jstock12 » Sun May 12, 2019 7:37 pm

KrankenWagner wrote:A little more context from Latvian sites (not sure how true but multiple people are saying this)

KP was out with his friends in a club/bar then those other guys (the russians) wanted to get in but the security guard did not let them. So they decided to wait until he ends his shift to give a beating to the guard. But then KP was leaving, his guys got into an argument with the russians and things escalated frome there. So one of KPs buddies supposedly had to be resuscitated, one got hit by a metal chair and KPs arm might be broken (not confirmed). A little more on those russians - locals say they pretty much are going around looking for troble, one stabbed a man right in the same town last year.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 826

Post#3 » by Darren » Mon May 13, 2019 3:43 am

Any update on the injury? I think the Mavs needs to bring Zinger back at once.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#4 » by arkuo » Mon May 13, 2019 4:10 am

Darren wrote:Any update on the injury? I think the Mavs needs to bring Zinger back at once.

Depends if his brother agrees to come back and live in Dallas for the summer.
Jinra
Starter
And1: 121

Post#5 » by Jinra » Mon May 13, 2019 3:17 pm

KP was most likely sought out in this incident. I don't club, it's just not my lifestyle. Certain places just attract negativity, and to me the club scene is one of those places.
Dallas Mavericks 2011 NBA World Champions!!!
Darren
RealGM
And1: 826

Post#6 » by Darren » Mon May 13, 2019 8:56 pm

Broken hand. How serious? I think the team really needs to get Zinger back. Curry can't even make a wide-opened layup with a dislocated finger. The team has to be careful about this kind of stuff. Any player could leave any team. I don't believe this is the reason for an attack. It happens anyway. Staying in Europe is no longer safe for Zinger.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Post#7 » by HMFFL » Tue May 14, 2019 5:02 am

KP looking like an idiot in the video I saw. Not only is he bleeding badly, the sun is rising, and he shoves the hell out of some woman. There has been nothing good from him being in Dallas so far.

I supported the trade and was very excites, but the rape charge, now this, and shoving a woman on video. Not good!

Sent from my SM-N920P using RealGM mobile app
wolfram
Junior
And1: 314

Post#8 » by wolfram » Tue May 14, 2019 6:52 am

Darren wrote:Broken hand. How serious? I think the team really needs to get Zinger back. Curry can't even make a wide-opened layup with a dislocated finger. The team has to be careful about this kind of stuff. Any player could leave any team. I don't believe this is the reason for an attack. It happens anyway. Staying in Europe is no longer safe for Zinger.

Staying up all night, drinking and looking for trouble is not safe anywhere. This was not because of Knicks.. I'm not buying it. It has something to do with Russian - Latvian thing. Nationality disputes are common in Europe. In this regard he would be safer somewhere outside his country but let's be real - if he wouldn't be out in clubs, this would never happen.

Him shoving that woman shows me he has no respect for females. Not a good look.
I really hope Luka and him can become friends but I just don't see it. Luka has very different personality.
XTraderXL
Sixth Man
And1: 1,342

Post#9 » by XTraderXL » Tue May 14, 2019 8:35 am

HMFFL wrote:KP looking like an idiot in the video I saw. Not only is he bleeding badly, the sun is rising, and he shoves the hell out of some woman. There has been nothing good from him being in Dallas so far.

I supported the trade and was very excites, but the rape charge, now this, and shoving a woman on video. Not good!

Haha, if that is bleeding badly and shoving the hell out of a woman then you havent really seen anything in your life. He is is a bit bloodied up and he didnt really shove her, he was full of adrenalin, pissed off and trying to get to those guys while she was trying to stop him. It wasnt really a shove, he moved her out of the way. A stupid thing to say if you watched the video. :banghead:

I agree that the whole thing doesnt look good but your description of the video is plain wrong and misleading. It looks like an aftermath of every single bar fight. Thats it.
Rn5ho
Junior
And1: 376

Post#10 » by Rn5ho » Tue May 14, 2019 9:38 am

HMFFL wrote:KP looking like an idiot in the video I saw. Not only is he bleeding badly, the sun is rising, and he shoves the hell out of some woman. There has been nothing good from him being in Dallas so far.

Would you have said the same had he shoved a man? This is sexism. Actually this is, to my understanding, what feminists are fighting against. It doesn't matter what the gender of person he shoved was, he didn't shove her because she was a woman, but because she was in the way. Had it been a guy, same thing would have happened. So please, stop this BS "He shoved a woman" because this had nothing to do with the situation.. he was heated up and she tried to stop him, so he got her out of the way. They are clearley friends/together and she was not in the slightest offended by it as everyone there understood the situation.. ffs his friend nearly just died due to the assault and you're here talking about a shove?
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,979

Post#11 » by Archx » Tue May 14, 2019 10:15 am

I don't think he tried to harm that woman. He was pissed and she tried to shield him from doing anything stupid, he was pumping adrenaline at that time. Few seconds later you can see 2 women pull him to the side and he calmed down a bit.

Also, people from all over the internet judge him, because he went out to have fun and they have no clue what he is doing otherwise. He had a full year of recovery and practice so i am sure he just took a night off or something. Just unfortunate that this happened. Nothing wrong with having fun in life but he does need to be more careful and aware of what he is doing and where he is though.

And wasn't Rick suppose to visit him soon or is he still in Slovenia? I know Luka already started with light training and some of Mavs trainers are with him, but Rick said he was suppose to go to Latvia after Doncic's visit. Unless it was just a quick stop and then back to the US.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#12 » by HMFFL » Tue May 14, 2019 12:14 pm

Rn5ho wrote:

Would you have said the same had he shoved a man? This is sexism. Actually this is, to my understanding, what feminists are fighting against. It doesn't matter what the gender of person he shoved was, he didn't shove her because she was a woman, but because she was in the way. Had it been a guy, same thing would have happened. So please, stop this BS "He shoved a woman" because this had nothing to do with the situation.. he was heated up and she tried to stop him, so he got her out of the way. They are clearley friends/together and she was not in the slightest offended by it as everyone there understood the situation.. ffs his friend nearly just died due to the assault and you're here talking about a shove?
It happened so it had a lot to do with the situation. Or, do you wish to classify it as it's own situation, because we can do that too.

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#13 » by HMFFL » Tue May 14, 2019 12:16 pm

XTraderXL wrote:

Haha, if that is bleeding badly and shoving the hell out of a woman then you havent really seen anything in your life. He is is a bit bloodied up and he didnt really shove her, he was full of adrenalin, pissed off and trying to get to those guys while she was trying to stop him. It wasnt really a shove, he moved her out of the way. A stupid thing to say if you watched the video. :banghead:

I agree that the whole thing doesnt look good but your description of the video is plain wrong and misleading. It looks like an aftermath of every single bar fight. Thats it.
Seen a lot in my old age..lol
Enough blood and now a had issue to go with it.
Maybe we have a different take on putting our hands on women.
KP has some issues that need to be resolved considering he's expected to receive a great deal of money. Night and day from Luka and the rest of the Mavs.

Your take of the video can be different but I look at the bigger picture. KP hasn't shown me anything yet on the court wearing a Mavericks jersey, but has shown me a lot of negative press.

wolfram
Junior
And1: 314

Post#14 » by wolfram » Tue May 14, 2019 12:27 pm

Archx wrote:I don't think he tried to harm that woman. He was pissed and she tried to shield him from doing anything stupid, he was pumping adrenaline at that time. Few seconds later you can see 2 women pull him to the side and he calmed down a bit.

Also, people from all over the internet judge him, because he went out to have fun and they have no clue what he is doing otherwise. He had a full year of recovery and practice so i am sure he just took a night off or something. Just unfortunate that this happened. Nothing wrong with having fun in life but he does need to be more careful and aware of what he is doing and where he is though.

And wasn't Rick suppose to visit him soon or is he still in Slovenia? I know Luka already started with light training and some of Mavs trainers are with him, but Rick said he was suppose to go to Latvia after Doncic's visit. Unless it was just a quick stop and then back to the US.

What if Rick got knocked out as one of his guys? :lol:
Archx
RealGM

Post#15 » by Archx » Tue May 14, 2019 1:04 pm

wolfram wrote:
Archx wrote:I don't think he tried to harm that woman. He was pissed and she tried to shield him from doing anything stupid, he was pumping adrenaline at that time. Few seconds later you can see 2 women pull him to the side and he calmed down a bit.

What if Rick got knocked out as one of his guys? :lol:

Well that would have been a pure comedy gold. Rick and KP dancing and partying together in Latvian night clubs :lol: It's also a good way to convince your star player to stay.
XTraderXL
Sixth Man
And1: 1,342

Post#16 » by XTraderXL » Tue May 14, 2019 1:05 pm

HMFFL wrote:
XTraderXL wrote:

Seen a lot in my old age..lol
Enough blood and now a had issue to go with it.
Maybe we have a different take on putting our hands on women.
KP has some issues that need to be resolved considering he's expected to receive a great deal of money. Night and day from Luka and the rest of the Mavs.

Your take of the video can be different but I look at the bigger picture. KP hasn't shown me anything yet on the court wearing a Mavericks jersey, but has shown me a lot of negative press.

The video of him "shoving" a woman is not open to interpretation at all. If she was a man, he would have done the same. He just wanted to get to those guys, she was in the way and he got her out of the way. Would you be saing the same if he did that to a guy?

As far as negative press goes, the woman was clearly trying to extort him and manufactured the whole thing. At least based on what we know so far. Why else would she be trying to date him after the "rape" happened? For me that is definitely not an issue if it turns out that she did it for the money. It can happen to any rich ar/or famous man.

This last event certainly doesnt look good but we dont know the whole story. If he was just out with his friends and some guys attacked them for no reason, thats not an issue. It can happen, especially when alcohol is involved. You may make the case that he shouldnt put himself in such situation where this is even possible but he is a grown man and he can do whatever he wants. If its true that he was attacked for no reason then it shouldnt be a problem. It is not for me.
Archx
RealGM

Post#17 » by Archx » Tue May 14, 2019 1:15 pm

XTraderXL wrote:
As far as negative press goes, the woman was clearly trying to extort him and manufactured the whole thing. At least based on what we know so far.

Regarding the "Rape incident"... Didn't NYPD confirm that it was her plot to get money from him? I don't know why would anyone still think he raped that girl anyway.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#18 » by HMFFL » Tue May 14, 2019 3:08 pm

Archx wrote:
XTraderXL wrote:
As far as negative press goes, the woman was clearly trying to extort him and manufactured the whole thing. At least based on what we know so far.

Regarding the "Rape incident"... Didn't NYPD confirm that it was her plot to get money from him? I don't know why would anyone still think he raped that girl anyway.
It was my understanding that she was trying to extort him. I hope that's the case.
Going forward I hope there's no other incidents.

Jinra
Starter
And1: 121

Post#19 » by Jinra » Tue May 14, 2019 3:47 pm

HMFFL wrote:
Archx wrote:
XTraderXL wrote:

It was my understanding that she was trying to extort him. I hope that's the case.
Going forward I hope there's no other incidents.

Yeah, just no more incidents please.
Dallas Mavericks 2011 NBA World Champions!!!
Rn5ho
Junior
And1: 376

Post#20 » by Rn5ho » Thu May 16, 2019 10:17 am

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mavericks/comments/bp47mc/porzingis_fight_details/

Since I'm from Latvia and keep seeing misinformation spreading regarding KP fight, I wanted to share some facts from sources that were presumably there.

On May 12 one of Porzingis friends was celebrating his birthday and had reserved entire place for his birthday event (newly opened night club in Porzingis home town Liepaja). The arrangement with club's management was that it will be a private event and other visitors won't be allowed entry.

Unfortunately for KP and his friends that night a gang of local Russians also wanted to enter the club (one of the gang members apparently stabbed some guy just last year on Liepaja beach). Entry to the club for the Russian gang was denied over private event and that apparently pissed them as they seemingly left but remained waiting at the entrance and at about 4:40 AM when KP and his friends were leaving the club, a full scale fight broke out. One of the KP friends were knocked out unconscious and his heart stopped briefly but he was revived successfully and hospitalized. Another friend was also beaten up brutally and had to be hospitalized. Porzingis himself was attacked, forced to the ground and beaten - that's why his bloody face (source say his arm was broken during the fight but Porzingis himself denied this). Fight was brutal, blood all over and went on until police arrived and used pepper spray to stop it.

Regarding the girl that was pushed by KP - she's one of the KP friends group.

Return to Dallas Mavericks