ImageImageImage

Another KP incident

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

gh123
Sixth Man
And1: 1,197

Re: Another KP incident 

Post#21 » by gh123 » Thu May 16, 2019 10:35 am

The dude is very troublesome, there are multiple red flags across his whole everything, hated the trade, hate it even more eveyr day.
Rn5ho
Junior
And1: 376

Post#22 » by Rn5ho » Thu May 16, 2019 10:54 am

gh123 wrote:The dude is very troublesome, there are multiple red flags across his whole everything, hated the trade, hate it even more eveyr day.

Every single indication is pointing towards the fact that he's neither guilty in rape accusations nor in the recent fight.. please elaborate?
gh123
Sixth Man

Post#23 » by gh123 » Thu May 16, 2019 1:53 pm

Rn5ho wrote:
gh123 wrote:The dude is very troublesome, there are multiple red flags across his whole everything, hated the trade, hate it even more eveyr day.

Every single indication is pointing towards the fact that he's neither guilty in rape accusations nor in the recent fight.. please elaborate?

The point is that it's always something with him, always gets into all kinds of trouble, guilty or not. The guy is just too much distraction and he was constantly distracted in NYK. He just doesn't seem serious, professional, whatever you call it. And that's just on top of his crazy brother and the fat medical book. A team isn't going anywhere with that kind of player on max contract who is your 2nd option.
Rn5ho
Junior
And1: 376

Post#24 » by Rn5ho » Thu May 16, 2019 2:59 pm

gh123 wrote:
Rn5ho wrote:

The point is that it's always something with him, always gets into all kinds of trouble, guilty or not. The guy is just too much distraction and he was constantly distracted in NYK. He just doesn't seem serious, professional, whatever you call it. And that's just on top of his crazy brother and the fat medical book. A team isn't going anywhere with that kind of player on max contract who is your 2nd option.

So does LeBron.. he's always in media for poaching and his agency is making all sorts of problems.

So does Durant.. he's always fighting with fans online.

So does Kyrie.. he's always blaming teammates, doesn't care about performances, claims Earth is flat etc.

I could go on and on. If KP is not guilty of those accusations, it's only your personal beef towards him. If anything, he's a player that won't back down vs bullies on other teams and will protect teammates at any cost (more specifically Luka). This is the kind of player you need on your team.

"He just doesn't seem serious, professional, whatever you call it." - really, elaborate please.

Crazy brother? That's on Dallas board to keep him in check.
Jinra
Starter
And1: 121

Post#25 » by Jinra » Thu May 16, 2019 3:01 pm

gh123 wrote:
Rn5ho wrote:

While I in no way condone or appreciate that kind of behavior, but I have to disagree with our assessment that the Mavs won't go anywhere with that type of bad headlines player. Remember, Kobe Bryant was the second best player and actually going through a full trial, and the Lakers stayed very much so relevant in the playoffs that year. Not at all saying the Mavs are similar to the 3-peat Lakers, but more to the fact that a team can work through that scenario. It won't be easy though.
Dallas Mavericks 2011 NBA World Champions!!!
gh123
Sixth Man

Post#26 » by gh123 » Fri May 17, 2019 12:34 am

Rn5ho wrote:
gh123 wrote:
Rn5ho wrote:

So does LeBron.. he's always in media for poaching and his agency is making all sorts of problems.

So does Kyrie.. he's always blaming teammates, doesn't care about performances, claims Earth is flat etc.

I could go on and on. If KP is not guilty of those accusations, it's only your personal beef towards him. If anything, he's a player that won't back down vs bullies on other teams and will protect teammates at any cost (more specifically Luka). This is the kind of player you need on your team.

"He just doesn't seem serious, professional, whatever you call it." - really, elaborate please.

Those players are worth it, KP is nowhere near that level and won't ever be. We'll be lucky if he can play half a season and be a positive on the floor.
Elaborate on what? I did my homework long time ago, he's had tons of issue at the NYK, which point to him being an unprofessional spoilt brat.
LIENT
Freshman
And1: 33

Post#27 » by LIENT » Fri May 17, 2019 4:41 am

gh123 wrote:
Rn5ho wrote:
gh123 wrote:

Those players are worth it, KP is nowhere near that level and won't ever be. We'll be lucky if he can play half a season and be a positive on the floor.
Elaborate on what? I did my homework long time ago, he's had tons of issue at the NYK, which point to him being an unprofessional spoilt brat.

Marquee players draw huge attention, positive or negative, and warranted or not. This just comes with the territory. You can't let yourself get hung up by the "drama" that surrounds them.

We know very little about this recent incident. From what we do know, all signs point to KP being a victim. Instead of hating on him for being there, why not provide a little support instead? Do you really think a player of his caliber coming into a contract year is going to go out there looking for fights? Hundreds of millions of dollars on the line, but he's gonna throw it away over a fist fight in his home town?

Regarding the rape allegations, again, it's still under investigation. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water - the season hasn't even started. The franchise has a massive problem retaining talent and attracting major FAs. Now we finally tick off 2 of those boxes and people are writing KP off as a bust. Cmon.
gh123
Sixth Man

Post#28 » by gh123 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:13 am

LIENT wrote:
gh123 wrote:
Rn5ho wrote:

Marquee players draw huge attention, positive or negative, and warranted or not. This just comes with the territory. You can't let yourself get hung up by the "drama" that surrounds them.

We know very little about this recent incident. From what we do know, all signs point to KP being a victim. Instead of hating on him for being there, why not provide a little support instead? Do you really think a player of his caliber coming into a contract year is going to go out there looking for fights? Hundreds of millions of dollars on the line, but he's gonna throw it away over a fist fight in his home town?

Regarding the rape allegations, again, it's still under investigation. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water - the season hasn't even started. The franchise has a massive problem retaining talent and attracting major FAs. Now we finally tick off 2 of those boxes and people are writing KP off as a bust. Cmon.

Don't care about the rape thing, most of of the time it's just hoes looking for some quick cash. But again, it doesn't happen with every athlete. Dwight, Rose, I don't remember everyone, but you get the idea, mostly unprofessional ones and troublemakers. I do hope we get at least 70 games on a good level from KP. I'm a Mavs fan first and foremost and I'm pretty sure we'll give him his max. So it's in my interest too to hope he's gonna do well during his stay here. However, I'm extremely skeptical about that.
Bluelabel24
Junior
And1: 51

Post#29 » by Bluelabel24 » Thu May 23, 2019 12:12 am

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2837611-steve-mills-kristaps-porzingis-told-knicks-hed-return-to-europe-without-trade
I really hope its the other way around here and the Mavs FO/Cuban give him an ultimatum.
Ive been a huge KP fan since he was drafted but he is really starting to cost himself big money.. him and his brothers are still acting like spoiled brats asking the Knicks FO jobs for their camp, not showing up for exit interview, disregarding training staff suggestions and giving out ultimatums. tbh as much as i want him to succeed here if he hasnt changed all that completely might be best to not big money after all.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#30 » by arkuo » Thu May 23, 2019 2:37 am

Bluelabel24 wrote:https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2837611-steve-mills-kristaps-porzingis-told-knicks-hed-return-to-europe-without-trade
I really hope its the other way around here and the Mavs FO/Cuban give him an ultimatum.
Ive been a huge KP fan since he was drafted but he is really starting to cost himself big money.. him and his brothers are still acting like spoiled brats asking the Knicks FO jobs for their camp, not showing up for exit interview, disregarding training staff suggestions and giving out ultimatums. tbh as much as i want him to succeed here if he hasnt changed all that completely might be best to not big money after all.

Well if he doesnt shape up and we don't sign him to an offer sheet, we have 2 max slots available now. Kyrie and KD, anyone?
Jellybeans
Starter
And1: 2,344

Post#31 » by Jellybeans » Thu May 23, 2019 8:01 am

Bluelabel24 wrote:https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2837611-steve-mills-kristaps-porzingis-told-knicks-hed-return-to-europe-without-trade

But do you guys actually believe what Knicks FO are saying?
They told like 4-5 dif stories since the trade.Exit interview was because of stupid Fill and how he ''worked'' with Melo,who was like KP's big brother.Did his brother ask for that FO job?They can talk a lot while KP doenst talk to media.Knicks FO are trying to make them look good,and they shouldnt say this 1 month before FA.This make them look dumb.

Biggest reason why i dont believe what they say is the trade day.KP enters FO,and leaves 5 min later angry and asks for trade.If hes asking for trade,why hes angry?45 min later he gets traded.You dont make such trades in 45 min.Mark and Dirk said they they where working on trade few days before that day.
So they leak this info,that KP demands trade and woj/shams reports it in few min after he left.This just makes FO look good,and KP looks super bad
Bluelabel24
Junior

Post#32 » by Bluelabel24 » Thu May 23, 2019 9:14 am

Jellybeans wrote:

They told like 4-5 dif stories since the trade.Exit interview was because of stupid Fill and how he ''worked'' with Melo,who was like KP's big brother.Did his brother ask for that FO job?They can talk a lot while KP doenst talk to media.Knicks FO are trying to make them look good,and they shouldnt say this 1 month before FA.This make them look dumb.

Biggest reason why i dont believe what they say is the trade day.KP enters FO,and leaves 5 min later angry and asks for trade.If hes asking for trade,why hes angry?45 min later he gets traded.You dont make such trades in 45 min.Mark and Dirk said they they where working on trade few days before that day.
So they leak this info,that KP demands trade and woj/shams reports it in few min after he left.This just makes FO look good,and KP looks super bad

this is just me but yes.. I do believe most of what the ny FO is saying.. it just shows in KPs camp from the start.
years ago I posted my concerns regarding his older brother in a knicks forum and most didnt agree with me and now its not looking so good. sorry but i just hated the guy from the start. He has no prior experience, played 2nd division ball in europe.. and suddenly decides to be KPs head trainer/manager/ gym coach.
https://nypost.com/2019/02/05/kristaps-porzingis-brother-wanted-a-bigger-role-with-knicks/
heres a few things that I remember that caused concern and you can double check it in google.
1. knicks wanted to have a guy from their camp join KP in europe. i think it was josh longstaff, but KPs camp basically said "no thanks we got this" i guess it was his brother since he doesnt wanna seem expendable.
2. knicks staff wanted him to gain about 5-7lbs of muscle in a single offseason.. they said yes but came back for training camp almost the same weight for 3 seasons.. if you think about it 5-7lbs of muscle in a single offseason isnt that much.(you can check his vid on youtube the most recent one before the season he got injured he was 238lbs, for comparison he was 237lbs during his rookie season)
and this also shows in KPs stats. he would start the season on fire then struggle bigtime come December..

the red flag to me was that they have the guts to act like they know more and disregard the suggestions of trainers/medical staff who have MDs and PHds with much experience. Even Dr Colker who worked with Shaq got snubbed lol.

bottomline is I hope the mavs FO will be the one in charge from now on. We have Casey smith who is regarded as one of the best trainer in the league. If he says Kp should lose 10lbs then he should lose 10lbs and if he says he should gain 10lbs then he should gain 10lbs.
https://www.mavs.com/mavs-have-arguably-the-best-head-athletic-trainer-in-the-entire-nba-in-casey-smith/
Jellybeans
Starter
And1: 2,344

Post#33 » by Jellybeans » Thu May 23, 2019 11:34 am

Bluelabel24 wrote:
Jellybeans wrote:

this is just me but yes.. I do believe most of what the ny FO is saying.. it just shows in KPs camp from the start.
years ago I posted my concerns regarding his older brother in a knicks forum and most didnt agree with me and now its not looking so good. sorry but i just hated the guy from the start. He has no prior experience, played 2nd division ball in europe.. and suddenly decides to be KPs head trainer/manager/ gym coach.
https://nypost.com/2019/02/05/kristaps-porzingis-brother-wanted-a-bigger-role-with-knicks/
heres a few things that I remember that caused concern and you can double check it in google.
1. knicks wanted to have a guy from their camp join KP in europe. i think it was josh longstaff, but KPs camp basically said "no thanks we got this" i guess it was his brother since he doesnt wanna seem expendable.
2. knicks staff wanted him to gain about 5-7lbs of muscle in a single offseason.. they said yes but came back for training camp almost the same weight for 3 seasons.. if you think about it 5-7lbs of muscle in a single offseason isnt that much.(you can check his vid on youtube the most recent one before the season he got injured he was 238lbs, for comparison he was 237lbs during his rookie season)
and this also shows in KPs stats. he would start the season on fire then struggle bigtime come December..

the red flag to me was that they have the guts to act like they know more and disregard the suggestions of trainers/medical staff who have MDs and PHds with much experience. Even Dr Colker who worked with Shaq got snubbed lol.

bottomline is I hope the mavs FO will be the one in charge from now on. We have Casey smith who is regarded as one of the best trainer in the league. If he says Kp should lose 10lbs then he should lose 10lbs and if he says he should gain 10lbs then he should gain 10lbs.
https://www.mavs.com/mavs-have-arguably-the-best-head-athletic-trainer-in-the-entire-nba-in-casey-smith/

1.That coach was with KP in latvia actually.KP loved him,and they they fired him
2.KP gained more muscle each season,and you could see thats hes getting bigger

Wont say Knicks medical staff for rehab is bad,but RM facility is one of the best in the world.Im guessing he was going to Spain,since he didnt want attetion in NY.He wanted to do if away from media and such
Bluelabel24
Junior

Post#34 » by Bluelabel24 » Fri May 24, 2019 11:20 pm

Jellybeans wrote:
Bluelabel24 wrote:
Jellybeans wrote:But do you guys actually believe what Knicks FO are saying?

1.That coach was with KP in latvia actually.KP loved him,and they they fired him
2.KP gained more muscle each season,and you could see thats hes getting bigger

Wont say Knicks medical staff for rehab is bad,but RM facility is one of the best in the world.Im guessing he was going to Spain,since he didnt want attetion in NY.He wanted to do if away from media and such

agree.. he has gained muscle but the issue to me is it still wasnt within the suggested amount of gain by experts.. i mean its like saying "KP you should gain 5lbs of muscle and he says OK.. then comes back after how many months the same weight and as hes getting reprimanded says "but look I gained muscle"
I think Josh longstaff spent time at latvia but it was very short..
right now I actually wanna know if the mavs FO have someone with him in europe.
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#35 » by malik959 » Sat May 25, 2019 3:28 pm

Rn5ho wrote:
gh123 wrote:
Rn5ho wrote:

KP on the court and KP off the court are two different people, Yes KP will defend his team-mates, yes KP can be a great player for his team whether a future #1 option or a 2. The problem with KP is his off court antics and the negative positions he puts himself in. He is known for being that drunk, party animal, and also considered thirsty. He has been known to have that "I can get what I want" attitude and has gone after women in clubs that were there with their men. But the man is young and hopefully he'll learn from his mistakes. As far as the club incident I do believe this wasn't his fault although it still does not look good for him being that he has a case on him and has been known for these incidents.

Return to Dallas Mavericks