ImageImageImage

Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1)

Moderators: Texas Chuck, Dirk, HMFFL

Darren
RealGM
Posts: 11,558
And1: 505
Joined: Nov 06, 2003

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#581 » by Darren » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:05 pm

dirkforpres wrote:I think Gobert next to KP is problematic mainly because Porzingis looked so good playing C this year and it’s becoming adamantly clear that that’s where he needs to be lined up. Where it gets interesting is that Mitchell and Gobert probably have close to the same price tag, and Mitchell is the perfect off ball guard for Luka


I think Van Vleet is even more perfect and is unrestricted. If Hardaway opts out, the Mavs could sign FVV out right. Curry with speed and playmaking with clutchness. FVV is a more natural shooter than Mitchell who needs the ball a lot.
Darren
RealGM
Posts: 11,558
And1: 505
Joined: Nov 06, 2003

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#582 » by Darren » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:09 pm

If the season is cancelled and Hardaway opts out, I can see the Mavs make a run at Anthony Davis. And I think Hardaway likely opts out for more long-term stability. By keeping UFA status in 2021, Hardaway won't get hometown offer from the Mavs who's looking to add Giannis. It is wise for Hardaway to opt out at prime and seeks longer deal. But if Hardaway opts out, I'd rather look at AD and FVV before any decision with Hardaway.
arkuo
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,499
And1: 603
Joined: Jun 16, 2004

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#583 » by arkuo » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:10 pm

Darren wrote:If the season is cancelled and Hardaway opts out, I can see the Mavs make a run at Anthony Davis.



AD has not changed agents. And it is said agent's goal to boost up Lebron's image by surrounding him with as much talent as possible.
Mr B
Head Coach
Posts: 6,139
And1: 1,386
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#584 » by Mr B » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:48 pm

dirkforpres wrote:I think Gobert next to KP is problematic mainly because Porzingis looked so good playing C this year and it’s becoming adamantly clear that that’s where he needs to be lined up. Where it gets interesting is that Mitchell and Gobert probably have close to the same price tag, and Mitchell is the perfect off ball guard for Luka

I would love Mitchell. The problem is that the Jazz seem higher on him than Gobert. In other words Gobert might be available, and Mitchell is off limits.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dirkforpres
General Manager
Posts: 8,736
And1: 3,565
Joined: Sep 13, 2005
   

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#585 » by dirkforpres » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:59 pm

Mr B wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:I think Gobert next to KP is problematic mainly because Porzingis looked so good playing C this year and it’s becoming adamantly clear that that’s where he needs to be lined up. Where it gets interesting is that Mitchell and Gobert probably have close to the same price tag, and Mitchell is the perfect off ball guard for Luka

I would love Mitchell. The problem is that the Jazz seem higher on him than Gobert. In other words Gobert might be available, and Mitchell is off limits.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


You’re probably right. Odds are neither one actually ends up getting traded, but Mitchell did have a really up and down year and Jazz fans seem higher on Rudy from what I’ve read. If the Mavs offered Brunson, DFS, our first, the GSW pick, and two future pick swaps I think it would be fairly tempting for either player.
daoneandonly
General Manager
Posts: 8,880
And1: 1,419
Joined: May 27, 2004
Location: Masalaland
 

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#586 » by daoneandonly » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:40 pm

Agree KP needs to be the Center here on out, so that would mean no to GObert. Not that we'd have the pieces to attain him or Micthell

The guy I'd want out of Utah would be Royce O"Neale, I posted a trade on the T& T board of O'Neale for Wright, mostly rebuffed
arkuo
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,499
And1: 603
Joined: Jun 16, 2004

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#587 » by arkuo » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:25 am

Kevin Knox for Justin Jackson. Both average 6 pts a game. Knox being 5 years younger.

Who says no?
swaggerbox
Ballboy
Posts: 23
And1: 2
Joined: Jul 21, 2006

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#588 » by swaggerbox » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:04 pm

Knicks probably say NO.
Mr B
Head Coach
Posts: 6,139
And1: 1,386
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#589 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:58 pm

swaggerbox wrote:Knicks probably say NO.

It’s weird because I still see Knox as having great potential, especially on a team like the Mavs. You talk to Knicks fans though and they are lumping him together with DSJ as far as being a bust. I honestly think there is a chance for the Mavs to fleece the Knicks again here.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Liuyingjin1986
Ballboy
Posts: 40
And1: 0
Joined: Oct 25, 2011

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#590 » by Liuyingjin1986 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:12 pm

arkuo wrote:Kevin Knox for Justin Jackson. Both average 6 pts a game. Knox being 5 years younger.

Who says no?


What is the point for the Knicks to do this?
Liuyingjin1986
Ballboy
Posts: 40
And1: 0
Joined: Oct 25, 2011

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#591 » by Liuyingjin1986 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:15 pm

dirkforpres wrote:
Mr B wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:I think Gobert next to KP is problematic mainly because Porzingis looked so good playing C this year and it’s becoming adamantly clear that that’s where he needs to be lined up. Where it gets interesting is that Mitchell and Gobert probably have close to the same price tag, and Mitchell is the perfect off ball guard for Luka

I would love Mitchell. The problem is that the Jazz seem higher on him than Gobert. In other words Gobert might be available, and Mitchell is off limits.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


You’re probably right. Odds are neither one actually ends up getting traded, but Mitchell did have a really up and down year and Jazz fans seem higher on Rudy from what I’ve read. If the Mavs offered Brunson, DFS, our first, the GSW pick, and two future pick swaps I think it would be fairly tempting for either player.


This is not an offer that can attract Jazz. Would they really want a rebuilding package for their all star, given that Jazz does not really need to rebuild?
arkuo
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,499
And1: 603
Joined: Jun 16, 2004

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#592 » by arkuo » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:50 am

Liuyingjin1986 wrote:
arkuo wrote:Kevin Knox for Justin Jackson. Both average 6 pts a game. Knox being 5 years younger.

Who says no?


What is the point for the Knicks to do this?


Because they're the Knicks? I don't know.
Darren
RealGM
Posts: 11,558
And1: 505
Joined: Nov 06, 2003

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#593 » by Darren » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:27 pm

Jackson and #31 to Washington for Wagner, Pasecniks and #37 Payton Pritchard.
Brunson and #18 to Portland for Hezonja and #14 Aaron Nesmith.
Hardaway & WCS opts out
Van Vleet signs with Dallas on 4-year 80M deal.
Wright &/ Powell for TE
Barea re-signs for 1-year MIN
Broekhoff re-signs for 1-year MIN
Reaves signs for 2-year MIN


The Mavs gets Van Vleet with a chance to Giannis.

C - KP / Kleber / Boban
PF - DFS / Wagner / Pasecniks
SF - Doncic / Hezonja / Broekhoff
SG - Nesmith / Curry / Reaves
PG - FVV / JJ Barea / Pritchard
User avatar
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 40,815
And1: 2,608
Joined: Mar 10, 2004

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#594 » by HMFFL » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:23 pm

5 trade targets that could push them into title contention



Myles Turner
Rudy Gobert
Gordon Hayward
CJ McCollum
Bradley Beal


https://thesmokingcuban.com/2020/04/26/dallas-mavericks-5-trade-targets-hiatus/amp/6/





Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
arkuo
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,499
And1: 603
Joined: Jun 16, 2004

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#595 » by arkuo » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:38 pm

HMFFL wrote:5 trade targets that could push them into title contention



Myles Turner
Rudy Gobert
Gordon Hayward
CJ McCollum
Bradley Beal


https://thesmokingcuban.com/2020/04/26/dallas-mavericks-5-trade-targets-hiatus/amp/6/





Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app



I'd personally add Otto Porter Jr to that list as someone who we could get realistically. On a down year, Bulls having new management, I can see him playing PF here.

I remember when we trade Josh Howard for Caron Butler and it worked wonders for our system. I have the same feeling with OPJ.
Teffer10
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,841
And1: 438
Joined: Oct 06, 2006
     

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#596 » by Teffer10 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:11 pm

HMFFL wrote:5 trade targets that could push them into title contention



Myles Turner
Rudy Gobert
Gordon Hayward
CJ McCollum
Bradley Beal


https://thesmokingcuban.com/2020/04/26/dallas-mavericks-5-trade-targets-hiatus/amp/6/





Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

I'd love Beal or Turner but honestly don't think we have the trade assets to make either a reality.
dirkforpres
General Manager
Posts: 8,736
And1: 3,565
Joined: Sep 13, 2005
   

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#597 » by dirkforpres » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:35 pm

HMFFL wrote:5 trade targets that could push them into title contention



Myles Turner
Rudy Gobert
Gordon Hayward
CJ McCollum
Bradley Beal


https://thesmokingcuban.com/2020/04/26/dallas-mavericks-5-trade-targets-hiatus/amp/6/





Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app


I think Turner and McCollum would be the best options because they didn’t have great seasons and likely wouldn’t cost as much as Beal or Gobert would. I’d stay far away from Hayward, personally
NYG
Head Coach
Posts: 6,296
And1: 981
Joined: Aug 09, 2017

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#598 » by NYG » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:29 am

arkuo wrote:
HMFFL wrote:5 trade targets that could push them into title contention



Myles Turner
Rudy Gobert
Gordon Hayward
CJ McCollum
Bradley Beal


https://thesmokingcuban.com/2020/04/26/dallas-mavericks-5-trade-targets-hiatus/amp/6/





Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app



I'd personally add Otto Porter Jr to that list as someone who we could get realistically. On a down year, Bulls having new management, I can see him playing PF here.

I remember when we trade Josh Howard for Caron Butler and it worked wonders for our system. I have the same feeling with OPJ.


What would you give up for OPJ that matches salary?
Black Lives Matter
arkuo
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,499
And1: 603
Joined: Jun 16, 2004

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#599 » by arkuo » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:53 am

NYG wrote:
arkuo wrote:
HMFFL wrote:5 trade targets that could push them into title contention



Myles Turner
Rudy Gobert
Gordon Hayward
CJ McCollum
Bradley Beal


https://thesmokingcuban.com/2020/04/26/dallas-mavericks-5-trade-targets-hiatus/amp/6/





Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app



I'd personally add Otto Porter Jr to that list as someone who we could get realistically. On a down year, Bulls having new management, I can see him playing PF here.

I remember when we trade Josh Howard for Caron Butler and it worked wonders for our system. I have the same feeling with OPJ.


What would you give up for OPJ that matches salary?


Dwight Powell + Justin Jackson + Delon Wright

Who says no?
Darren
RealGM
Posts: 11,558
And1: 505
Joined: Nov 06, 2003

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#600 » by Darren » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:26 pm

arkuo wrote:
NYG wrote:
arkuo wrote:

I'd personally add Otto Porter Jr to that list as someone who we could get realistically. On a down year, Bulls having new management, I can see him playing PF here.

I remember when we trade Josh Howard for Caron Butler and it worked wonders for our system. I have the same feeling with OPJ.


What would you give up for OPJ that matches salary?


Dwight Powell + Justin Jackson + Delon Wright

Who says no?


Where do I sign? I'd swap 31 for 47 in case Chicago bite on that deal. With this deal, the Mavs could re-sign Hardaway without compromising cap space for Giannis.

Return to Dallas Mavericks