ImageImageImage

Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1)

Moderators: Texas Chuck, Dirk, HMFFL

Bluelabel24
Sophomore
Posts: 155
And1: 27
Joined: Feb 03, 2019
   

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#721 » by Bluelabel24 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:39 am

arkuo wrote:In my view, if Luka is viewed as having the same situation as Jordan in 87, this version of the team is the 1987 team with Paxon and company. He got Pippen that year and the team needs to get a Rodman or a 3rd star. Luka has a Pippen in KP, now he needs a Rodman to defend and watch his back.

Luka is being punked now by the Clippers the same way Michael got it with the Detroit bad boys. They're really gonna come after you and try to injure you. If Dallas cannot get Giannis in 2021, then maybe they can max out someone like Bam Adebayo to play that Dennis Rodman 3rd star role. You need an enforcer somehow to protect your stars from getting punked.

agree with this.. the unfortunate part is we probably have to max that 3rd star, which is a need to outbid other teams. as i said on the other thread landing either Bam or OG would do wonders for this team. Our offense is already capable of winning a championship, what we need are defenders and enforcers. Miami can max out Bam, if they would remains to be seen while raptors can most likely offer OG 14m/yr below unless they clear a ton of cap.
arkuo
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,632
And1: 625
Joined: Jun 16, 2004

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#722 » by arkuo » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:45 am

Bluelabel24 wrote:
arkuo wrote:In my view, if Luka is viewed as having the same situation as Jordan in 87, this version of the team is the 1987 team with Paxon and company. He got Pippen that year and the team needs to get a Rodman or a 3rd star. Luka has a Pippen in KP, now he needs a Rodman to defend and watch his back.

Luka is being punked now by the Clippers the same way Michael got it with the Detroit bad boys. They're really gonna come after you and try to injure you. If Dallas cannot get Giannis in 2021, then maybe they can max out someone like Bam Adebayo to play that Dennis Rodman 3rd star role. You need an enforcer somehow to protect your stars from getting punked.

agree with this.. the unfortunate part is we probably have to max that 3rd star, which is a need to outbid other teams. as i said on the other thread landing either Bam or OG would do wonders for this team. Our offense is already capable of winning a championship, what we need are defenders and enforcers. Miami can max out Bam, if they would remains to be seen while raptors can most likely offer OG 14m/yr below unless they clear a ton of cap.


This current team with Luka is draft number 1. This is comparable to Jordan in 87 with Paxon. We need to get from this to the Bulls with BJ Armstrong/ Steve Kerr era. That means graduating from THJ and company to even better fitting pieces around Luka and KP. and Hopefully by then they get to find a "Dennis Rodman" 3rd star type.
swaggerbox
Ballboy
Posts: 45
And1: 12
Joined: Jul 21, 2006

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#723 » by swaggerbox » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:00 pm

Sadly, there is no one in the NBA right now that is as impactful on defense as Rodman unless you consider Rudy Gobert and Giannis (who will be quite long shots to be Mavericks). However, I am seeing nice potential from OG, Lu Dort (Harden stopper), Jonathan Isaac, and Matisse Thybulle. Check this link: https://hoopshype.com/2020/08/22/lu-dort-is-the-highest-effort-defensive-player-in-the-nba.

From the draft, probably Paul Reed, Xavier Tillman and Nate Hinton.

However, if you are a blackhole on offense, Carlisle will probably not PLAY you.
JJP
Sophomore
Posts: 129
And1: 22
Joined: Jul 04, 2020
   

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#724 » by JJP » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:38 pm

swaggerbox wrote:Sadly, there is no one in the NBA right now that is as impactful on defense as Rodman unless you consider Rudy Gobert and Giannis (who will be quite long shots to be Mavericks). However, I am seeing nice potential from OG, Lu Dort (Harden stopper), Jonathan Isaac, and Matisse Thybulle. Check this link: https://hoopshype.com/2020/08/22/lu-dort-is-the-highest-effort-defensive-player-in-the-nba.

From the draft, probably Paul Reed, Xavier Tillman and Nate Hinton.

However, if you are a blackhole on offense, Carlisle will probably not PLAY you.


If you could find a good trade for #18 pick, you would likely find either Reed or Tillman at #31. Reed probably has more upside, and Tillman is more NBA-ready. It's possible one of them will be gone, but I can't imagine both.

It's not easy to manufacture a trade on draft night, but teams do it. I'd love to get a strong wing for one of our backup PG's and the #18 pick.
arkuo
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,632
And1: 625
Joined: Jun 16, 2004

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#725 » by arkuo » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:59 pm

swaggerbox wrote:Sadly, there is no one in the NBA right now that is as impactful on defense as Rodman unless you consider Rudy Gobert and Giannis (who will be quite long shots to be Mavericks). However, I am seeing nice potential from OG, Lu Dort (Harden stopper), Jonathan Isaac, and Matisse Thybulle. Check this link: https://hoopshype.com/2020/08/22/lu-dort-is-the-highest-effort-defensive-player-in-the-nba.

From the draft, probably Paul Reed, Xavier Tillman and Nate Hinton.

However, if you are a blackhole on offense, Carlisle will probably not PLAY you.


That's the thing with these defensive oriented wings. They just need to be paid Finney Smith money. However if we plan to sign them over, Cuban would need to cougj up $20M a year for the other team to back off. At which point it becomes too expensive. That's what it would take to pry those names away.
Darren
RealGM
Posts: 11,685
And1: 516
Joined: Nov 06, 2003

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#726 » by Darren » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:19 pm

swaggerbox wrote:
Darren wrote:I think the Mavs may inquire about Wiseman.

Mavs don't have assets, unless you are willing to give up KP or Doncic


Perhaps that's the real reason behind the sore right knee. I think the Mavs is in mix with Wiseman or Emiid.
Mike lorenzo
Junior
Posts: 455
And1: 75
Joined: May 09, 2020
 

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#727 » by Mike lorenzo » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:52 pm

Darren wrote:
swaggerbox wrote:
Darren wrote:I think the Mavs may inquire about Wiseman.

Mavs don't have assets, unless you are willing to give up KP or Doncic


Perhaps that's the real reason behind the sore right knee. I think the Mavs is in mix with Wiseman or Emiid.

Wiseman is a prospect, he could be a star or he could be nothing time will tell... Mavs didn't trade a recently recruited All Star by a boy who will be ready in the best case in 2/3 years
1+1=11
ejs78
Pro Prospect
Posts: 796
And1: 165
Joined: Jul 03, 2015
 

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#728 » by ejs78 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:00 pm

So now we're talking about trading for Embiid who some think is out of shape and always injured.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
JJP
Sophomore
Posts: 129
And1: 22
Joined: Jul 04, 2020
   

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#729 » by JJP » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:13 pm

ejs78 wrote:So now we're talking about trading for Embiid who some think is out of shape and always injured.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app


Trade Forums are generally nuts. You have to suspend reality.

"I'll give you my Will Clark and John Wettland card for your 1952 Mickey Mantle card. Deal?"
arkuo
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,632
And1: 625
Joined: Jun 16, 2004

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#730 » by arkuo » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:39 am

What If Trade:

Would you trade Porzingis for Lilard straight up? Both with fresh new max contracts.
Mike lorenzo
Junior
Posts: 455
And1: 75
Joined: May 09, 2020
 

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#731 » by Mike lorenzo » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:31 am

arkuo wrote:What If Trade:

Would you trade Porzingis for Lilard straight up? Both with fresh new max contracts.

Portland does not ...
Lillard doesn't fit in well with Luka.
Lillard would take the ball out of Luka's hands
has 30 years kp 25
we would have even more defense problems
1+1=11
arkuo
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,632
And1: 625
Joined: Jun 16, 2004

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#732 » by arkuo » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:56 pm

Mike lorenzo wrote:Lillard doesn't fit in well with Luka.
Lillard would take the ball out of Luka's hands


Personally I think it can work. That's essentially Lebron + Kyrie. If Luka plays like a less athletic Lebron, he will eventually need a Kyrie to get him buckets
ejs78
Pro Prospect
Posts: 796
And1: 165
Joined: Jul 03, 2015
 

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#733 » by ejs78 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:23 pm

I see what you're saying
JJP wrote:
ejs78 wrote:So now we're talking about trading for Embiid who some think is out of shape and always injured.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app


Trade Forums are generally nuts. You have to suspend reality.

"I'll give you my Will Clark and John Wettland card for your 1952 Mickey Mantle card. Deal?"


Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Mike lorenzo
Junior
Posts: 455
And1: 75
Joined: May 09, 2020
 

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#734 » by Mike lorenzo » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:16 pm

Lillard is too dominant..if I want another handler to help Luka ... He would be very happy with Jrue, and it won't cost him Kp..
friends let's be patient with Kp Just look at how he looked and his meniscus was torn ...
Luka
Jrue
Hayward or Porter or?
Dfs
Kp
1+1=11
User avatar
ProcessDoctor
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,946
And1: 2,285
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
   

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#735 » by ProcessDoctor » Sun Sep 6, 2020 9:38 pm

Sixers fan here. Would y’all do Richardson for Curry? Younger player on a shorter contract (PO 2021).
2019-2020 Philadelphia 76ers:

Milton/Neto
Richardson/Korkmaz/Smith
Harris/Thybulle/Burks
Simmons/Robinson/Scott
Embiid/Horford/Pelle/O’Quinn
JJP
Sophomore
Posts: 129
And1: 22
Joined: Jul 04, 2020
   

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#736 » by JJP » Sun Sep 6, 2020 10:51 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:Sixers fan here. Would y’all do Richardson for Curry? Younger player on a shorter contract (PO 2021).


It's an odd trade in terms of skills. We probably need Richardson, but I honestly don't know if I'd give up Curry. The one reason I might do it is because Curry gets injured a bit too much for me.

I can't imagine a one-for-one trade though.
Mike lorenzo
Junior
Posts: 455
And1: 75
Joined: May 09, 2020
 

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#737 » by Mike lorenzo » Mon Sep 7, 2020 11:24 am

ProcessDoctor wrote:Sixers fan here. Would y’all do Richardson for Curry? Younger player on a shorter contract (PO 2021).

It's a yes to me ... (I love Curry) but just watch what Rick does with the guards. Curry is a luxury endorsement. Richardson would be 3 best player. The best defender on the team. 2 solid ball handler.
1+1=11
arkuo
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,632
And1: 625
Joined: Jun 16, 2004

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#738 » by arkuo » Mon Sep 7, 2020 2:12 pm

Will probably do Delon Wright + 18 for Richardson.
User avatar
Pointguard01
RealGM
Posts: 12,850
And1: 221
Joined: Jun 07, 2004

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#739 » by Pointguard01 » Mon Sep 7, 2020 2:13 pm

JJP wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:Sixers fan here. Would y’all do Richardson for Curry? Younger player on a shorter contract (PO 2021).


It's an odd trade in terms of skills. We probably need Richardson, but I honestly don't know if I'd give up Curry. The one reason I might do it is because Curry gets injured a bit too much for me.

I can't imagine a one-for-one trade though.


Yeah, it’s tough. Richardson is gonna be at least 2x the costs in a year, but he brings what we need. I worry about his fit off ball, as he didn’t so well in Philly (but there could be other reasons for that).

Curry would be great next to Simmons in the back court. I can see why Philly would do this.

I think I would just wait for 2021 and offer him a sizable contract to come here vs. moving the asset of Curry. From my PoV, we shouldn’t be in a rush to be better next year for the sake of it.

arkuo wrote:Will probably do Delon Wright + 18 for Richardson.


I’m sure Philly says no (Curry is the exact shooter and decent enough creator they need) but I’d do Wright, #18 and #31 for Richardson. But, I think Philly would have to find a place for Wright and get back a shooter in the trade.
Darren
RealGM
Posts: 11,685
And1: 516
Joined: Nov 06, 2003

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#740 » by Darren » Mon Sep 7, 2020 2:54 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:Sixers fan here. Would y’all do Richardson for Curry? Younger player on a shorter contract (PO 2021).


If the deal somewhat include Wright and Zhaire Smith, I think it's closed. JRich + Smith + Scott + 36 = Curry + Wright + Jackson + 2023 Miami 2nd. JRich might not necessarily work out well with Doncic. And JRich is on expiring contract. The Mavs should at least get a cap relief for 2021 FA trace. The problem is - Doncic is not a shotblocking PF. That's not an ideal fit considering opponents might involve KP a lot in PnR situation. This leaves the paint with no shotblocker. That's the reason for losing Clippers' series. With an additional early 2nd, the Mavs could draft a one-dimension stopper type who's athletic but not good shooting-wise, I believe. This also gives the Mavs to remain flexible in early draft choice. With 3 picks available, the Mavs could actually take a combo guard at either 18 or 31. While Smith has proven much, Zhaire is still very athletic and could play a little defense. I think this is the athlete the Mavs sorely missed. I wonder how injury history works out. But there's a chance Smith remain on the roster in 2021.

Return to Dallas Mavericks