ImageImageImage

Any Interest In Thomas Bryant?

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

turcorox911
Sophomore
And1: 153

Any Interest In Thomas Bryant? 

Post#1 » by turcorox911 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:26 am

Bryant is the first center in NBA history to attempt at least one three-pointer per game plus shoot at least 68% from two and 33% from three for the season (minimum 10 games).

He's only 21, but will be 22 by the end of July.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Re: Any Interest In Thomas Bryant? 

Post#2 » by ejs78 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:57 am

Yes.

I still don't think Powell should be starting at center.
turcorox911 wrote:
Bryant is the first center in NBA history to attempt at least one three-pointer per game plus shoot at least 68% from two and 33% from three for the season (minimum 10 games).

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
turcorox911
Sophomore

Post#3 » by turcorox911 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:01 am

ejs78 wrote:Yes.

I still don't think Powell should be starting at center.
turcorox911 wrote:

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

Bryant isn't very good on defense or on the boards, but maybe the Mavs can coach him up.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#4 » by arkuo » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:54 am

He's RFA. Which means any money we tie on to him would take a while. Which means other free agents get swept while we wait for the Wizards to match.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Post#5 » by HairyGOATee » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:37 pm

arkuo wrote:He's RFA. Which means any money we tie on to him would take a while. Which means other free agents get swept while we wait for the Wizards to match.

That and the Mavs would probably have to overpay more for a RFA than they would for a UFA. Otherwise the deal will get matched.

Thomas Bryant is cool, but it would take like $10+ million per year for him I think.

I'd pass on that.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 826

Post#6 » by Darren » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:47 am

Is it the player who played for POR and NYK? If so, I am not very interested. At 6-10, Bryant offers energy and works for the points off ball. I am somewhat interest but only for last resort. If it's from WAS, I think WAS matches in all indications. Don't waste time on RFA. I am more interested in 7-6 Tacko. I think Tacko is underappreciated as a prospect. With a good coach like RC, Tacko could be very helpful just being there in paint. Especailly when jumpers ain't falling, the presence of Tacko will create a lot more space for shooters around. Tacko, at worst, is better than Bohan and Bradley, especially from motor and athleticism standpoint. Tacko could also make jumpers, not heavily relied on dunks and put backs. Opponents can't even foul Tacko easily. I think Tacko will succeed as a Mavs which is supposed to play a lot of zone defense with Zinger around. In case the Mavs build a team like that I am very interested in having Mario Hezonja as a PG. As good length and quick feet is important quality for zone defense, underappreciated Mario could be the type of players around Tacko, Zinger, Luka and Roby. With all teams bother about going small against GSW, the Mavs are better off building a big lineup with zone defense. The Mavs build a team with zone defense with a lot of shot blocking presence defensively; and then offensively create the best spacing and dynamic passing style of game to make the most efficient floor game with RC around. That's the vision I have on this team.
jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,566

Post#7 » by jpengland » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:55 am

Nope.

Hes an awful, awful defensive player.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by HairyGOATee » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:27 pm

jpengland wrote:Nope.

Hes an awful, awful defensive player.

He can learn that in due time though. He's still only 21. His DBPM was a positive this past season, and his DRB% is sock solid.

And generally speaking, defense is a team oriented trait because they usually don't touch the ball.

But with that said, Powell is the better defender and has better hustle stats too.

And like people mentioned in here, Bryant is a RFA, so that would mean a few days of waiting around without making any other moves.

But, Bryant probably won't be a priority for anybody, so I think if the Mavs were to offer him something, it'd be b/c they whiffed on all of their other plans and would then be fine with a wait.
turcorox911
Sophomore

Post#9 » by turcorox911 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:51 am

With him being a RFA, I'd only consider offering him something if the team strikes out on all of their other options.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 826

Post#10 » by Darren » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:28 am

If the Mavs is interested in similar player. Looney is unrestricted/
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#11 » by HairyGOATee » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:58 pm

Darren wrote:If the Mavs is interested in similar player. Looney is unrestricted/

I like how Looney switches on D. Good wingspan too, and solid enough on the boards and offense to get minutes.

Not a bad idea tbh.

Return to Dallas Mavericks