ImageImageImage

Willie Cauley-Stein: How Much Is He Worth? How Much Will Kings Match?

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

turcorox911
Sophomore
And1: 153

Willie Cauley-Stein: How Much Is He Worth? How Much Will Kings Match? 

Post#1 » by turcorox911 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:48 pm

So let's say the Mavs give Willie Cauley-Stein a max offer, do you think the Kings would match it?

I understand that RFAs can be tough because of how long you have to wait for an offer sheet to be matched, but he'll only be 26 by the time the season starts and I'd strongly consider making him an offer.

Although, with it being a guard's league that is dependent on the 3 ball and a little bit of defense, I think the Mavs should target Brogdon instead.
Captain_Obvious
Lead Assistant
And1: 923

Re: Willie Cauley-Stein: Would Kings Match A Max Offer? 

Post#2 » by Captain_Obvious » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:10 am

Max? Nobody is offering that. There is a good chance he will not even be restricted because they may not even forward the qualifying offer.

I'm interested if we sign a PG/SG/SF with most of our cap.
SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man
And1: 279

Post#3 » by SOUNDCHASER » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:14 am

The 7'3" guy in Philly is a free agent as well maybe if we add 2 second tier centers we can develop a two headed approach that works well enough.
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 847

Post#4 » by Teffer10 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:38 am

No team will even consider signing him to a max.
I’m not sure if he’d be much of an upgrade over Powell but I’m guessing someone will give him about the same money as Powell.
Like CO mentioned, I’d only consider him after we secure a FA that will have an impact in our core.
turcorox911
Sophomore

Post#5 » by turcorox911 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:20 am

Yeah, I wouldn't rank him too high on the wants list, because the team can get other decent options for less money.
Target Kemba, Brogdon, DLo, etc..
burek3
Pro Prospect
And1: 538

Post#6 » by burek3 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:34 am

Man, you crazy :D No way he deserves anywhere near max. He reached an agreement with Kings to become unrestricted free agent though.
"Holy f**k" :o
- DeAndre Jordan
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Post#7 » by HairyGOATee » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:48 pm

burek3 wrote:Man, you crazy :D No way he deserves anywhere near max. He reached an agreement with Kings to become unrestricted free agent though.

Got a link for that? Last time I heard he and his agent were just being vocal about how they wanted him to go to a new team.
burek3
Pro Prospect

Post#8 » by burek3 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:06 pm

HairyGOATee wrote:
burek3 wrote:Man, you crazy :D No way he deserves anywhere near max. He reached an agreement with Kings to become unrestricted free agent though.

Got a link for that? Last time I heard he and his agent were just being vocal about how they wanted him to go to a new team.

Unfortunately no, it's my pulling it from my ass and assuming the act will happen.
- DeAndre Jordan
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#9 » by HairyGOATee » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:24 pm

burek3 wrote:
HairyGOATee wrote:

Unfortunately no, it's my pulling it from my ass and assuming the act will happen.

lol. I kinda hope you're right, but then again, I don't know how much he could add to the team that Dwight Powell doesn't already do.

Maybe Horford is the right call.
burek3
Pro Prospect

Post#10 » by burek3 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:26 pm

HairyGOATee wrote:
burek3 wrote:
HairyGOATee wrote:

lol. I kinda hope you're right, but then again, I don't know how much he could add to the team that Dwight Powell doesn't already do.

Definitely, just not for the 4/112 price :)
- DeAndre Jordan
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#11 » by HairyGOATee » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:27 pm

SOUNDCHASER wrote:The 7'3" guy in Philly is a free agent as well maybe if we add 2 second tier centers we can develop a two headed approach that works well enough.

Boban would be solid for sure.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#12 » by HairyGOATee » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:29 pm

burek3 wrote:
HairyGOATee wrote:
burek3 wrote:

Definitely, just not for the 4/112 price :)

lol, right. If the Mavs do that, then I hope they do 1 of 2 things.

1.) Trade away Lee, THJ, Powell, and/or Justin Jackson for cap space. That way they can sign another FA this summer. Maybe someone like PBev if they clear up enough cap space.

2.) Don't extend Powell, let him and Lee expire, let Jackson walk in FA next year, and waive-plus-stretch THJ. That way they have cap space in 2020 to sign another FA
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Re: Willie Cauley-Stein: How Much Is He Worth? How Much Will Kings Match? 

Post#13 » by HairyGOATee » Mon Jul 1, 2019 9:16 pm

He's a UFA now. Let's get him. I think a change of scenery could serve him well. He was the NABC and SEC DPOY in 2015. Maybe the Kings were just a bad fit for him, and he can improve on defense with a new team.
2011Champs
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#14 » by 2011Champs » Mon Jul 1, 2019 11:06 pm

Let’s offer him up a four year starting at 22 million just to Chandler Parsons this whole thing up! Lol.
turcorox911
Sophomore

Post#15 » by turcorox911 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 11:29 pm

2011Champs wrote:Let’s offer him up a four year starting at 22 million just to Chandler Parsons this whole thing up! Lol.

lololol.

Fair Enough.

But how much do you think he's actually worth?
2011Champs
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#16 » by 2011Champs » Tue Jul 2, 2019 12:04 am

turcorox911 wrote:
2011Champs wrote:Let’s offer him up a four year starting at 22 million just to Chandler Parsons this whole thing up! Lol.

lololol.

Fair Enough.

I don’t know how much he is worth. More than Powell or Maxi. Maybe 4/50? Bigs just don’t make the paydays anymore so the market is tough to read.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,950

Post#17 » by Archx » Tue Jul 2, 2019 12:06 am

2011Champs wrote:
turcorox911 wrote:

lololol.

Fair Enough.

I don’t know how much he is worth. More than Powell or Maxi. Maybe 4/50? Bigs just don’t make the paydays anymore so the market is tough to read.

Kings hate this guy with a passion and there were reports that he wants around 7M. I wouldn't be so happy about him. He didn't do much for them anyway, also a bad defender, something Mavs really don't need.
turcorox911
Sophomore

Post#18 » by turcorox911 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 12:11 am

Archx wrote:
2011Champs wrote:
turcorox911 wrote:
lololol.

Fair Enough.

Kings hate this guy with a passion and there were reports that he wants around 7M. I wouldn't be so happy about him. He didn't do much for them anyway, also a bad defender, something Mavs really don't need.

Maybe the bad defense had something to do with the scheme, system, coaching, players, culture, etc.. Because again, WCS was a good defender in college. I understand that college ball and pro ball are very different, but I think a change of scenery would be very good for WCS.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 824

Post#19 » by Darren » Tue Jul 2, 2019 2:30 am

The Mavs should act promptly towards this renounced 25 overall pick from Latvia, Anzejs Pasecniks.

Sixers looks dumb parting with a first to trade away Butler. Pasecniks wants to come over NBA but Sixers doesn't have the cap rooms. That's what I've learnt. Pasecniks is a 7-1 Latvia with quick feet and outside shooting. We may see how well Bol Bol who's supposed to be 37 overall this year work with Zinger now.
turcorox911
Sophomore

Post#20 » by turcorox911 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 3:41 am

Darren wrote:The Mavs should act promptly towards this renounced 25 overall pick from Latvia, Anzejs Pasecniks.

Sixers looks dumb parting with a first to trade away Butler. Pasecniks wants to come over NBA but Sixers doesn't have the cap rooms. That's what I've learnt. Pasecniks is a 7-1 Latvia with quick feet and outside shooting. We may see how well Bol Bol who's supposed to be 37 overall this year work with Zinger now.

Is he better than WCS?

Return to Dallas Mavericks