ImageImageImage

Malcolm Brogdon: Would Bucks Match A Max Offer?

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

turcorox911
Sophomore
And1: 153

Malcolm Brogdon: Would Bucks Match A Max Offer? 

Post#1 » by turcorox911 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:50 pm

The more I think about it, I think Brogdon should be the Mavs' top target. He is an elite shooter already and can play defense too. He's only 26, and already has some nice accomplishments, such as ROY, a 50-40-90 season, and he's got some playoff experience with the Bucks.

If the Mavs give him a max offer, do you think the Bucks would match?
SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man
And1: 279

Re: Malcolm Brogdon: Would Bucks Match A Max Offer? 

Post#2 » by SOUNDCHASER » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:11 am

You never know but the approach is a good one because if you do it then MIL has to let someone else go or they balloon their payroll further and that means they may risk that they can't afford to sign someone else so maybe they will let him go thinking they will replace him with another free agent or draft pick for less money. I would love to have him on the team as a 3rd member of the core. Having 2 ROY winners would be cool.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Post#3 » by HairyGOATee » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:47 pm

SOUNDCHASER wrote:You never know but the approach is a good one because if you do it then MIL has to let someone else go or they balloon their payroll further and that means they may risk that they can't afford to sign someone else so maybe they will let him go thinking they will replace him with another free agent or draft pick for less money. I would love to have him on the team as a 3rd member of the core. Having 2 ROY winners would be cool.

Yep.

But if the Mavs are locked into an offer with Brogdon and other players sign, while the Bucks clear space to match, then it all comes crashing down.

That's kinda why I don't mind the team targeting Horford at all. He's a UFA, and one of the best on the market.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,037

Post#4 » by daoneandonly » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:53 pm

HairyGOATee wrote:
SOUNDCHASER wrote:You never know but the approach is a good one because if you do it then MIL has to let someone else go or they balloon their payroll further and that means they may risk that they can't afford to sign someone else so maybe they will let him go thinking they will replace him with another free agent or draft pick for less money. I would love to have him on the team as a 3rd member of the core. Having 2 ROY winners would be cool.

Yep.

But if the Mavs are locked into an offer with Brogdon and other players sign, while the Bucks clear space to match, then it all comes crashing down.

That's kinda why I don't mind the team targeting Horford at all. He's a UFA, and one of the best on the market.[/quote]

While this is a fair point, you just can't invest that much money on a guy Horford's age, especially when we are still so thin and weak at the wing spot in a wing dominated league
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Post#5 » by HairyGOATee » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:56 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
HairyGOATee wrote:

Yep.

That's kinda why I don't mind the team targeting Horford at all. He's a UFA, and one of the best on the market.

While this is a fair point, you just can't invest that much money on a guy Horford's age, especially when we are still so thin and weak at the wing spot in a wing dominated league

Yeah, that's fair. I just don't know what the answer is going to be this year.

Regardless of what happens, the Mavs will need players from within to improve their play. This obviously includes THJ, Justin Jackson, etc., but I'd also say it includes Luka.

He should be able to do that as a sophomore though.

Return to Dallas Mavericks