ImageImageImage

Kelly Oubre Jr.

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Kelly Oubre Jr. 

Post#1 » by HairyGOATee » Mon Jul 1, 2019 9:12 pm

The Mavs should still have some cap space left, depending on how they time their extensions. In such a case, I think they could have like $20-21 million available. Obviously, That'd be too much for Oubre, but I would like that guy on the team. Again, the team could stretch-waive Courtney Lee to create an additional $8.5 million in cap space, so then they'd have close to $30 million available. I'm just not sure if they will actually use the stretch clause this year.

However, if they had around $30 million, then I'd also consider Willie Cauley-Stein.

I'd like the youth in that lineup for sure then.

Powell/WCS
KP/Kleber
Oubre/DFS/Jackson
Luka/THJ/Broekhoff
Curry/Brunson/Barea
Darren
RealGM
And1: 826

Re: Kelly Oubre Jr. 

Post#2 » by Darren » Mon Jul 1, 2019 9:37 pm

I think the Mavs is waiting for Green while Green is waiting for Leonard. Then, DFS is waiting on Green as well. All 3D options but Green (45.5%) available are lacking a 3 shot. There's a reason the Mavs is willing to wait. I think for the time being, the Mavs should look at frontcourt options as well. Still 1 rotation big and 1 third-string big awaiting to fill. I think it's perfect timing to bring back Tyson Chandler as 3-stringer. As for the rotation big, I think Diallo is nice assumed Powell starting. Diallo could play with a stretch 5. Potentially, Diallo can take over Powell's role pretty soon. Of course, if Leonard's interested playing for the Mavs, then I think Courtney and Justin will be traded. Bring in Diallo as Rooms exception candidate.

Powell (elite rolling big) + Zinger / Luka / Green / Curry (elite shooters) = best spacing in the league.
Curry / Green / Luka / Powell = jumps into passing lanes and generates fast breaks a lot
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#3 » by HairyGOATee » Mon Jul 1, 2019 9:57 pm

Darren wrote:I think the Mavs is waiting for Green while Green is waiting for Leonard. Then, DFS is waiting on Green as well. All 3D options but Green (45.5%) available are lacking a 3 shot. There's a reason the Mavs is willing to wait. I think for the time being, the Mavs should look at frontcourt options as well. Still 1 rotation big and 1 third-string big awaiting to fill. I think it's perfect timing to bring back Tyson Chandler as 3-stringer. As for the rotation big, I think Diallo is nice assumed Powell starting. Diallo could play with a stretch 5. Potentially, Diallo can take over Powell's role pretty soon. Of course, if Leonard's interested playing for the Mavs, then I think Courtney and Justin will be traded. Bring in Diallo as Rooms exception candidate.

Powell (elite rolling big) + Zinger / Luka / Green / Curry (elite shooters) = best spacing in the league.
Curry / Green / Luka / Powell = jumps into passing lanes and generates fast breaks a lot

Green would be cool, but he's 32 and Oubre is 23. Green also had 3 consecutive years of sub 40% from the field before he shot 46-45-84 this year.

Diallo would be cool, and maybe the Mavs can sign him in addition to WCS. However, the Mavs already have Kostas. Is Diallo much better than him? If so, then that's cool, but I kinda see them as the same type of player, whereas WCS is a legitimate 7 footer.
Darren
RealGM

Post#4 » by Darren » Mon Jul 1, 2019 9:59 pm

Diallo is more ready than Kostas with a more refined role already. That's the role Powell normally has as a rolling big.
Darren
RealGM

Post#5 » by Darren » Mon Jul 1, 2019 10:02 pm

Of course, Green is no playmaker compared with Leonard. This may create a lot of double team to Luka. But it's not extremely bad at all. That means someone is left opened. I wonder if the Mavs is preparing for it by now. Having Seth to run pick-n-roll with Zinger may diversify the offense a little bit. And there's a lack of second playmakers on bench unless we move Hardaway to 3 and bring Barea and Brunson on court at the same time. Are we interested in Vince Carter?
Lowtech801
Senior
And1: 177

Post#6 » by Lowtech801 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 10:10 pm

HairyGOATee wrote:
Darren wrote:I think the Mavs is waiting for Green while Green is waiting for Leonard. Then, DFS is waiting on Green as well. All 3D options but Green (45.5%) available are lacking a 3 shot. There's a reason the Mavs is willing to wait. I think for the time being, the Mavs should look at frontcourt options as well. Still 1 rotation big and 1 third-string big awaiting to fill. I think it's perfect timing to bring back Tyson Chandler as 3-stringer. As for the rotation big, I think Diallo is nice assumed Powell starting. Diallo could play with a stretch 5. Potentially, Diallo can take over Powell's role pretty soon. Of course, if Leonard's interested playing for the Mavs, then I think Courtney and Justin will be traded. Bring in Diallo as Rooms exception candidate.

Green would be cool, but he's 32 and Oubre is 23. Green also had 3 consecutive years of sub 40% from the field before he shot 46-45-84 this year.

Diallo would be cool, and maybe the Mavs can sign him in addition to WCS. However, the Mavs already have Kostas. Is Diallo much better than him? If so, then that's cool, but I kinda see them as the same type of player, whereas WCS is a legitimate 7 footer.
Kostas? He's gonna be in the g league again this year. He's still a year away from being in the nba.

Sent from my OnePlus 7 Pro using RealGM mobile app
turcorox911
Sophomore
And1: 153

Post#7 » by turcorox911 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 11:36 pm

I'd take Diallo, Oubre, AND WCS.
turcorox911
Sophomore

Post#8 » by turcorox911 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 11:37 pm

Lowtech801 wrote:
HairyGOATee wrote:

Kostas? He's gonna be in the g league again this year. He's still a year away from being in the nba.

Sent from my OnePlus 7 Pro using RealGM mobile app

So does Roby not get a TWP contract then? Reaves already has one.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,984

Post#9 » by Apz » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:35 am

Read somewhere that either Kostas or Macon would get 2 way, so guess Roby is going into the squad? Cant remember where I read it. Guess 1 of Kostas and Macon will be gone
turcorox911
Sophomore

Post#10 » by turcorox911 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 3:41 am

Apz wrote:Read somewhere that either Kostas or Macon would get 2 way, so guess Roby is going into the squad? Cant remember where I read it. Guess 1 of Kostas and Macon will be gone

Interesting.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,984

Post#11 » by Apz » Tue Jul 2, 2019 3:48 am

Or 1 of them get into the squad too, thats an option too but it starts to get crowded
turcorox911
Sophomore

Post#12 » by turcorox911 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 6:03 am

Apz wrote:Or 1 of them get into the squad too, thats an option too but it starts to get crowded

So I guess this is how the team currently looks

Powell
KP/Kleber
Luka/DFS/Justin Jackson
THJ/Lee/Broekhoff
Brunson/Curry/Barea

That's 12 players right there.

The Mavs will probabably stretch-waive Lee, since they won't be under the cap next season. That's 11 roster spots, with 4 perm spots and 2 TWPs

I'd like the team to get WCS, Oubre, and Tyson Chandler/Joakim Noah.

Powell/WCS/Tyson
KP/Kleber
Oubre/Justin Jackson
Luka/THJ/Broekhoff
Brunson/Curry/Barea

Then you can take your pick on how you want to fill out the last roster spot. Diallo would be cool, and Devin Harris would still have some use with Barea recovering. You could give it to Kostas or Roby, or even keep DFS. Personally, I'd cut Macon and Reaves, and make Kostas and Roby the TWPs.

Other options include trading Broekhoff and/or Justin Jackson.

I guess we'll see what happens.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#13 » by HairyGOATee » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:36 pm

turcorox911 wrote:
Apz wrote:Or 1 of them get into the squad too, thats an option too but it starts to get crowded

So I guess this is how the team currently looks

Powell
KP/Kleber
Luka/DFS/Justin Jackson
THJ/Lee/Broekhoff
Brunson/Curry/Barea

That's 12 players right there.

The Mavs will probabably stretch-waive Lee, since they won't be under the cap next season. That's 11 roster spots, with 4 perm spots and 2 TWPs

I'd like the team to get WCS, Oubre, and Tyson Chandler/Joakim Noah.

Powell/WCS/Tyson
KP/Kleber
Oubre/Justin Jackson
Luka/THJ/Broekhoff
Brunson/Curry/Barea

Then you can take your pick on how you want to fill out the last roster spot. Diallo would be cool, and Devin Harris would still have some use with Barea recovering. You could give it to Kostas or Roby, or even keep DFS. Personally, I'd cut Macon and Reaves, and make Kostas and Roby the TWPs.

Other options include trading Broekhoff and/or Justin Jackson.

I guess we'll see what happens.

Pass on Tyson, but I'd be fine with bringing back Devin. I'd consider Mudiay instead though.
Darren
RealGM

Post#14 » by Darren » Tue Jul 2, 2019 2:17 pm

I'm fine with Oubre with the athleticism and 7-2 wingspan. But we should have drafted Bol Bol if that's the plan. I am more serious on Oubre if Leonard signs with LAL. Then, it's better for the team to take young talents and build from within.
jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,566

Post#15 » by jpengland » Tue Jul 2, 2019 2:27 pm

You can't have enough wings these days.

I'd gladly pay him 3/36 and hope the three point shot gets consistent at this point.

Grab him and Green and we start to have a roster that truly suits today's game.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#16 » by HairyGOATee » Tue Jul 2, 2019 2:48 pm

Man, I hope the Mavs target him.
Darren
RealGM

Post#17 » by Darren » Tue Jul 2, 2019 10:55 pm

What's Oubre's max offer? I think Pheonix has yet to talk with Oubre for a reason. Personally, I think Oubre could help this team more than Green. Oubre can lead the break. Oubre doesn't need the ball to be effective. With the ball, Oubre can create space with explosive first step. And Oubre could be a candidate in dunking contest as well. With Matrix like defense to offer, I think highly of having Oubre working alongside Doncic and Zinger long term.
Bluelabel24
Junior
And1: 51

Post#18 » by Bluelabel24 » Wed Jul 3, 2019 3:13 am

like oubre too.. do you guys have any idea what he would demand price wise??
He is still young and is a good defender. My concern though is his 3pt shot, three years ago he shot 34% and then 31,32 % the past years. So instead of improving, he is actually shooting worse.

However in this situation I believe the pros outweigh the cons. Hope we get him.
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,832

Post#19 » by dirkforpres » Wed Jul 3, 2019 12:30 pm

My guess is around 12-15 annually.

Phoenix will likely match anything around that number too, so unless hes traded for I wouldn’t get my hopes up.
FIRE JASON KIDD
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#20 » by arkuo » Wed Jul 3, 2019 12:37 pm

dirkforpres wrote:My guess is around 12-15 annually.

Phoenix will likely match anything around that number too, so unless hes traded for I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

You never know with Sarver. That guy brought a real goat to his GMs office. :lol:

Return to Dallas Mavericks