35%

Total votes: 20

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,019

Re: Danny Green watch 

Post#21 » by Mr B » Fri Jul 5, 2019 6:53 pm

arkuo wrote:
Archx wrote:Starting to feel like Green is just playing with the Mavs. He said he likes this organization from top to bottom, players, coaches etc... Gets an offer no one could refuse and still after 4 days, waiting for Kawhi to do something. Have a feeling even if Kawhi stays in TOR, he will want to go to the LAL because he'll have more chances to win a title. Also, they will have to offer him big money because there is no one left on the market.

Maybe going after Wright and M.Morris wouldn't be such a crazy idea or even DMC... Iggy is 35yo and i don't know how much motivation he would have to play for a team that will fight just for playoffs, so trading for him maybe wouldn't be smart.

Danny Green enjoying being wooed for the first time in his career. Feels like he's using the Mavs as leverage for other teams to sign him too.

No role player deserves that kind of special treatment IMO.

In a way he kind of is using the Mavs as leverage but only against the Lakers. If Kawhi signs with the Clippers then the Lakers will have to match the Mavs offer if they want Green. I don’t think the “chance to compete for a championship” angle is going to play as big a role some are making it out to be. You have to remember that he already has 2 rings so I think money is going to be the main factor. At this point in his career, taking care of his family should be the main deciding factor. If the Lakers low ball him i expect him to sign with Dallas. Their offer will have to be more than the Mavs offer for him to sign with them. If Kawhi signs with the Lakers he obviously signs with Dallas. If Kawhi goes back to Toronto so does Green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lowtech801
Senior
And1: 177

Re: Mavericks Summer of 2019 

Post#22 » by Lowtech801 » Fri Jul 5, 2019 7:40 pm

arkuo wrote:
Archx wrote:Starting to feel like Green is just playing with the Mavs. He said he likes this organization from top to bottom, players, coaches etc... Gets an offer no one could refuse and still after 4 days, waiting for Kawhi to do something. Have a feeling even if Kawhi stays in TOR, he will want to go to the LAL because he'll have more chances to win a title. Also, they will have to offer him big money because there is no one left on the market.

Maybe going after Wright and M.Morris wouldn't be such a crazy idea or even DMC... Iggy is 35yo and i don't know how much motivation he would have to play for a team that will fight just for playoffs, so trading for him maybe wouldn't be smart.

Danny Green enjoying being wooed for the first time in his career. Feels like he's using the Mavs as leverage for other teams to sign him too.

No role player deserves that kind of special treatment IMO.
At this point Im all for taking on a bad contract to get a 1st and tell Green we're no longer interested just to screw his leverage with other teams so he gets low balled. Stretch and waive lee and take adams into our cap space for a 1st.

Sent from my OnePlus 7 Pro using RealGM mobile app
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,830

Post#23 » by dirkforpres » Fri Jul 5, 2019 8:37 pm

I’d give him a midnight deadline tonight to accept whatever deal was offered to him. We need to know how much we can offer Delon Wright by tomorrow and we shouldn’t have to wait on Kawhi to do so
FIRE JASON KIDD
Lowtech801
Senior

Post#24 » by Lowtech801 » Fri Jul 5, 2019 11:07 pm

So what it seems like is we're the third option. If Kawhi stays in Toronto so does Green. If Kawhi goes to the Clippers Green goes to the Lakers and if Kawhi goes to the Lakers then Green comes here. I can understand it from his point of view. But the Mavs should've put a deadline on the deal and made other plans by now.

SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man
And1: 279

Kawhi a Clipper from what I hear 

Post#25 » by SOUNDCHASER » Sat Jul 6, 2019 6:13 am

Hearing that Kawhi is going to the Clippers
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Re: Kawhi a Clipper from what I hear 

Post#26 » by arkuo » Sat Jul 6, 2019 6:17 am

Yup. My guess is Danny Green to the Lakers next.
SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man
And1: 279

Post#27 » by SOUNDCHASER » Sat Jul 6, 2019 6:19 am

arkuo
General Manager

Post#28 » by arkuo » Sat Jul 6, 2019 6:19 am

Will the Clippers have any money left? Ivica Zubac is RFA and they might not have enough left to match.
Imon
Head Coach
And1: 6,263

Post#29 » by Imon » Sat Jul 6, 2019 6:29 am

arkuo wrote:Yup. My guess is Danny Green to the Lakers next.

Yep, you're right.
Read on Twitter

I wanted Green on this team but, damn, $15 mil/yr?
arkuo
General Manager

Post#30 » by arkuo » Sat Jul 6, 2019 6:31 am

Lakers needed to overpay to fill their roster with talent. AD is UFA in 2020 with a 37 year old Lebron. and they need to keep him. Otherwise he walks free.
arkuo
General Manager

Post#31 » by arkuo » Sat Jul 6, 2019 6:32 am

At this point Rich Paul sends all his clients to LA to fill their roster.

My guess is Marcus Morris, KCP all on cheap deals.
Riddle Express
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#32 » by Riddle Express » Sat Jul 6, 2019 6:53 am

Sounds like he’s getting two years $30m from lakers, interesting to see who plan B is now to throw some money at.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,057

Post#33 » by Dirk » Sat Jul 6, 2019 6:55 am

One of the lowest points as a Mavs fan. Waiting on this clown is a stain that I will never forget.

Anyone could tell the outcome of this chase from a mile away [that was the whole reason why this topic was created in the first place]. Yet they allowed it to happen for days on top of days as opposed to using it as a smokescreen as they tried to negotiate other deals in more favourable conditions --- how could they not have been proactive making deals while they had to know that this Green guy didn't want to come.

If they don't blow their money on some bad contract, it'll be okay in the end, but so much ineptitude is just absolutely puzzling.
60/21/10
agentofatlas
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Post#34 » by agentofatlas » Sat Jul 6, 2019 6:58 am

Dirk wrote:One of the lowest points as a Mavs fan. Waiting on this clown is a stain that I will never forget.

Anyone could tell the outcome of this chase from a mile away. Yet they allowed it to happen for days on top of days as opposed to using it as a smokescreen as they tried to negotiate other deals in more favourable conditions.

If they don't blow their money on some bad contract, it'll be okay in the end, but so much ineptitude is just puzzling.

Yup. This reflects badly on the front office. It's like they went in the offseason without a plan.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 826

Post#35 » by Darren » Sat Jul 6, 2019 8:53 am

OK, Oubre now. No more Morris, please. The Mavs need a defender at 2/3 more than yet another PF.
arkuo
General Manager

Post#36 » by arkuo » Sat Jul 6, 2019 8:55 am

agentofatlas wrote:
Dirk wrote:One of the lowest points as a Mavs fan. Waiting on this clown is a stain that I will never forget.

Anyone could tell the outcome of this chase from a mile away. Yet they allowed it to happen for days on top of days as opposed to using it as a smokescreen as they tried to negotiate other deals in more favourable conditions.

If they don't blow their money on some bad contract, it'll be okay in the end, but so much ineptitude is just puzzling.

Yup. This reflects badly on the front office. It's like they went in the offseason without a plan.

I feel like Donnie had a plan. He just didnt expect people to be picked up that fast. That one's on him though.

Also maybe Beverly knew about Kawhi and PG going down. And that's why he chose to stay in LA.
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,830

Post#37 » by dirkforpres » Sat Jul 6, 2019 10:20 am

Anyone could tell the outcome of this chase from a mile away [that was the whole reason why this topic was created in the first place]. Yet they allowed it to happen for days on top of days as opposed to using it as a smokescreen as they tried to negotiate other deals in more favourable conditions --- how could they not have been proactive making deals while they had to know that this Green guy didn't want to come.

If they don't blow their money on some bad contract, it'll be okay in the end, but so much ineptitude is just absolutely puzzling.

Pretty sad that we were in that situation anyway and another reason why I’m firmly planted on the ‘Fire Donnie’ bandwagon
FIRE JASON KIDD
2011Champs
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#38 » by 2011Champs » Sat Jul 6, 2019 10:46 am

And Dallas never ever learns. How many times do you have to get shunned before you open your eyes and realize that you are getting shunned?

Donnie probably would be best suited in a role such as Director of International Scouting. He does find and sign great international talent yet has problems signing American players and has blinders on in the free agency process. It may be because Dallas is a horrible toilet of a city? IDK because our cousin toilet of a city down I45 south(Houston) doesn’t seem to have issues attracting players. Maybe players see Cuban as a clown and a joke? Maybe Carlisle is a huge deterrent? Maybe because Dallas/Fort Worth supports the Cowboys, Rangers and Stars above the Mavericks? Or any combination of these things.

Most of us here knew that Green was using Mavs as leverage and had absolutely no plans of actually signing here. That happens every free agency. This time it was with a 32 year old spare part role player. Well life goes on. Dallas will have to now vastly overpay a player Chandler Parsons style or stand pat and hope for a trade partner to complete this roster with only two true starters.
Lowtech801
Senior

Post#39 » by Lowtech801 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 11:41 am

Imon wrote:
arkuo wrote:Yup. My guess is Danny Green to the Lakers next.

Yep, you're right.
Read on Twitter

I wanted Green on this team but, damn, $15 mil/yr?
He was gonna get more than Beverley

Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#40 » by Pinkyring » Sat Jul 6, 2019 2:06 pm

2011Champs wrote:

And Dallas never ever learns. How many times do you have to get shunned before you open your eyes and realize that you are getting shunned?

Donnie probably would be best suited in a role such as Director of International Scouting. He does find and sign great international talent yet has problems signing American players and has blinders on in the free agency process. It may be because Dallas is a horrible toilet of a city? IDK because our cousin toilet of a city down I45 south(Houston) doesn’t seem to have issues attracting players. Maybe players see Cuban as a clown and a joke? Maybe Carlisle is a huge deterrent? Maybe because Dallas/Fort Worth supports the Cowboys, Rangers and Stars above the Mavericks? Or any combination of these things.

Most of us here knew that Green was using Mavs as leverage and had absolutely no plans of actually signing here. That happens every free agency. This time it was with a 32 year old spare part role player. Well life goes on. Dallas will have to now vastly overpay a player Chandler Parsons style or stand pat and hope for a trade partner to complete this roster with only two true starters.

It isnt the city, the the foreign obsessed donnie the loud mouth cuban and the personality deficient Carlisle, i think its mostly cuban tho, Lamar odom recently did an interview talking about how cuban used to talk to mess to him and even physically kicked him while he was here for not performing, odom was a scrub here but nobody wants to play for that kind of owner

Return to Dallas Mavericks