Re: Danny Green watch 

Post#41 » by BlueSan » Sat Jul 6, 2019 9:14 pm

Dirk did...
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,992

Post#42 » by Mr B » Sat Jul 6, 2019 11:56 pm

Dirk wrote:One of the lowest points as a Mavs fan. Waiting on this clown is a stain that I will never forget.

Anyone could tell the outcome of this chase from a mile away [that was the whole reason why this topic was created in the first place]. Yet they allowed it to happen for days on top of days as opposed to using it as a smokescreen as they tried to negotiate other deals in more favourable conditions --- how could they not have been proactive making deals while they had to know that this Green guy didn't want to come.

If they don't blow their money on some bad contract, it'll be okay in the end, but so much ineptitude is just absolutely puzzling.

Really, it getting Danny Green is one of your lowest points as a Mavs fan? You must have only been a fan since 2011.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mr B
RealGM

Post#43 » by Mr B » Sat Jul 6, 2019 11:58 pm

agentofatlas wrote:
Dirk wrote:One of the lowest points as a Mavs fan. Waiting on this clown is a stain that I will never forget.

Anyone could tell the outcome of this chase from a mile away. Yet they allowed it to happen for days on top of days as opposed to using it as a smokescreen as they tried to negotiate other deals in more favourable conditions.

If they don't blow their money on some bad contract, it'll be okay in the end, but so much ineptitude is just puzzling.

Yup. This reflects badly on the front office. It's like they went in the offseason without a plan.

So many fair weather fans for the Mavs. It’s a shame. I guess you would have rather they maxed out a guy like Brogdon? If so then you must have REALLY loved the Harris Barnes, Wes Matthews, and Chandler Parsons contracts because maxing out Brogdon would have been the exact same.

Mr B
RealGM

Post#44 » by Mr B » Sat Jul 6, 2019 11:59 pm

dirkforpres wrote:

Anyone could tell the outcome of this chase from a mile away [that was the whole reason why this topic was created in the first place]. Yet they allowed it to happen for days on top of days as opposed to using it as a smokescreen as they tried to negotiate other deals in more favourable conditions --- how could they not have been proactive making deals while they had to know that this Green guy didn't want to come.

If they don't blow their money on some bad contract, it'll be okay in the end, but so much ineptitude is just absolutely puzzling.

Pretty sad that we were in that situation anyway and another reason why I’m firmly planted on the ‘Fire Donnie’ bandwagon

You are going to be riding that wagon for a long long time because it’s not happening.

fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#45 » by fuller4379 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 5:19 am

2 years $30 million is a lot of money for him.
agentofatlas
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Post#46 » by agentofatlas » Sun Jul 7, 2019 5:50 am

Mr B wrote:
agentofatlas wrote:

Anyone could tell the outcome of this chase from a mile away. Yet they allowed it to happen for days on top of days as opposed to using it as a smokescreen as they tried to negotiate other deals in more favourable conditions.

If they don't blow their money on some bad contract, it'll be okay in the end, but so much ineptitude is just puzzling.

Yup. This reflects badly on the front office. It's like they went in the offseason without a plan.

So many fair weather fans for the Mavs. It’s a shame. I guess you would have rather they maxed out a guy like Brogdon? If so then you must have REALLY loved the Harris Barnes, Wes Matthews, and Chandler Parsons contracts because maxing out Brogdon would have been the exact same.

Actually yeah I would've preferred that the team kept Barnes seeing (as per Cuban) the plan all along was to get Seth boban and green.

I mean the team traded him to get cap space in order to sign a player greater or equal in value and it turns out they weren't even aggressively looking in the first place.

Also this is probably the only time where the Mavs can be cavalier with their money as their best player is still on a rookie deal. Just time it the same as THJ and as we seen this off-season players are more than ok with short deals.

Lastly criticizing the FO does not mean we're fair weather fans. Far from it actually. We want the Mavs to do good.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,970

Post#47 » by HMFFL » Sun Jul 7, 2019 2:55 pm

Cuban says not getting Green was a crushing blow. Cuban needs to realize his offer set the platform for Green to receive more offers.
Green wants to win but I hoped the Lakers wouldn't be his final destination.

Sent from my SM-N920P using RealGM mobile app

Return to Dallas Mavericks