ImageImageImage

Would John Wall Be A Good Fit With Luka?

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Yes
24%
No
76%

Total votes: 17

HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Post#1 » by HairyGOATee » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:39 am

arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Re: Would John Wall Be A Good Fit With Luka? 

Post#2 » by arkuo » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:08 am

Would Mark Cuban be a good fit with Rich Paul?
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,796

Post#3 » by dirkforpres » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:46 pm

It could work. John Wall is very talented. I wouldn’t want anything to do with that contract though
FIRE JASON KIDD
Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Post#4 » by Darren » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:47 pm

I don't know but I am not very interested if Hardaway is not included. Surely better than Rondo.

TH + Courtney + Delon + Jackson + right to Roby + 2 second rounders (GSW 2020, MIA 2023) for Wall + Wagner.
Not sure Wizards bites on it though.
Archx
General Manager
And1: 7,770

Post#5 » by Archx » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:22 pm

Darren wrote:I don't know but I am not very interested if Hardaway is not included. Surely better than Rondo.

TH + Courtney + Delon + Jackson + right to Roby + 2 second rounders (GSW 2020, MIA 2023) for Wall + Wagner.

3 potential starters for an out of shape guy who is also coming back from a potential career ending injury and has the worst contract in the league? No thanks.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,843

Post#6 » by dirkules_41 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:39 pm

Archx wrote:
Darren wrote:I don't know but I am not very interested if Hardaway is not included. Surely better than Rondo.

3 potential starters for an out of shape guy who is also coming back from a potential career ending injury and has the worst contract in the league? No thanks.

Lol I've seen Darren post a lot of bizarre things over the years but that might take it :lol:

Anything would have to start with Wall + 2 1sts to even get a discussion going. That contract surely would require two firsts to absorb. Let alone I wouldn't let go of Wright and Jackson. Outright salary dump for Wall and 2 1sts... and even that I probably wouldn't touch, just cripples the team for too long especially during the main Luka + KP years.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by HairyGOATee » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:17 am

I think THJ + Lee can get the deal done mathetmatically, but I don't think the Wizards would bite on that, lol.
djizo
Freshman
And1: 78

Post#8 » by djizo » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:46 am

The only way I'd consider this if Wall comes as a collateral while trading for Beal.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#9 » by HairyGOATee » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:07 am

Typically you need another ball-handler out there if you already have 1 good one. Delon and co. might get the job done next to Luka, but I am a bit concerned to say the least. Wall is out all of this year though, and it's with a career-killing type of injury too.

If the Mavs want to roll the dice on him, then sure, but they'd have to tank this year too if they do that. Might not be such a bad idea since this team isn't ready to compete just yet.

I'm still upset that the team didn't go after a low-post scorer in Julius Randle or Jonas. That would have been dope.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,843

Post#10 » by dirkules_41 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:20 pm

HairyGOATee wrote:Typically you need another ball-handler out there if you already have 1 good one. Delon and co. might get the job done next to Luka, but I am a bit concerned to say the least. Wall is out all of this year though, and it's with a career-killing type of injury too.

If the Mavs want to roll the dice on him, then sure, but they'd have to tank this year too if they do that. Might not be such a bad idea since this team isn't ready to compete just yet.

I'm still upset that the team didn't go after a low-post scorer in Julius Randle or Jonas. That would have been dope.

Again, with his contract (the worst in the league by a good distance) any conversation would have to start with 2 1sts coming back or Beal coming back to us. I wouldn't go anywhere near that contract during Lukas and KPs good years without that value coming our way.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,901

Post#11 » by HMFFL » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:09 pm

dirkforpres wrote:It could work. John Wall is very talented. I wouldn’t want anything to do with that contract though
I feel the same.
Luka and John Wall makes sense but Wall's contract doesn't make sense.

Sent from my SM-N920P using RealGM mobile app
The Sparest
Bench Warmer
And1: 446

Post#12 » by The Sparest » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:35 am

HMFFL wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:It could work. John Wall is very talented. I wouldn’t want anything to do with that contract though
I feel the same.

The contract is bad, the injury is scary, and I still remember what JJ said about how much his team mates like him. So I would give him a hard pass.
AKA: Sparey Spareman
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#13 » by HairyGOATee » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:23 am

The Sparest wrote:
HMFFL wrote:
I feel the same.

The contract is bad, the injury is scary, and I still remember what JJ said about how much his team mates like him. So I would give him a hard pass.

Yeah, his attitude and injury scare me a lot. The contract is bad, sure, but the Mavs have a bad one in THJ and an expiring that they're trying to get rid of in Lee. If that's all it takes to get Wall, then that's pretty good value tbh.

Return to Dallas Mavericks