ImageImageImage

Who Is This Team's Defensive Anchor?

Moderators: Texas Chuck, Dirk, HMFFL

HairyGOATee
Senior
Posts: 687
And1: 337
Joined: Jun 07, 2019
         

Who Is This Team's Defensive Anchor? 

Post#1 » by HairyGOATee » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:33 am

Who Is This Team's Defensive Anchor?
HairyGOATee
Senior
Posts: 687
And1: 337
Joined: Jun 07, 2019
         

Re: Who Is This Team's Defensive Anchor? 

Post#2 » by HairyGOATee » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:53 am

I honestly think it'll be KP, but Kleber brings some good defense too, and you can't overlook Boban. Powell is OK.
Speadge
Freshman
Posts: 55
And1: 42
Joined: Dec 01, 2018

Re: Who Is This Team's Defensive Anchor? 

Post#3 » by Speadge » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:20 pm

Damn, hold your horses buddy ... :D There's a lot of those "Who Is" threads on a daily basis lately. You're not easy to follow anymore :p
Archx
Starter
Posts: 2,428
And1: 1,622
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
   

Re: Who Is This Team's Defensive Anchor? 

Post#4 » by Archx » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:25 pm

Speadge wrote:Damn, hold your horses buddy ... :D There's a lot of those "Who Is" threads on a daily basis lately. You're not easy to follow anymore :p



:lol: I feel like he makes 10 new threads every day. I can't keep up anymore, so i mostly just ignore, it's just too much :oops:
HairyGOATee
Senior
Posts: 687
And1: 337
Joined: Jun 07, 2019
         

Re: Who Is This Team's Defensive Anchor? 

Post#5 » by HairyGOATee » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:57 pm

Speadge wrote:Damn, hold your horses buddy ... :D There's a lot of those "Who Is" threads on a daily basis lately. You're not easy to follow anymore :p


lmfao, true. I'll slow down for sure. But if you have an answer to the question, then I'd love to hear it.

Thanks.
User avatar
burek3
Pro Prospect
Posts: 942
And1: 531
Joined: Feb 11, 2017
Location: Slovenia
     

Re: Who Is This Team's Defensive Anchor? 

Post#6 » by burek3 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:44 am

KP and Maxi.
"Holy f**k" :o
- DeAndre Jordan
arkuo
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,969
And1: 484
Joined: Jun 16, 2004

Re: Who Is This Team's Defensive Anchor? 

Post#7 » by arkuo » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:29 pm

I feel like it will be KP. Because when defenders blow past Luka it will be KP manning the paint for the chase down block.
jpengland
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,222
And1: 4,366
Joined: Jan 22, 2014
   

Re: Who Is This Team's Defensive Anchor? 

Post#8 » by jpengland » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:43 pm

Porzingis is a near elite rim protector and should be playing C and anchoring.

Kleber is also a near elite defender and versatile enough to chase out to the perimeter too.

Throw in DFS and Wright as good to great defenders and we should be able to have a strong big and a strong perimeter guy on court for all 48 minutes.

Ideally we could do with one more versatile wing defender that allows other players to move up a position to match small ball teams.
HairyGOATee
Senior
Posts: 687
And1: 337
Joined: Jun 07, 2019
         

Re: Who Is This Team's Defensive Anchor? 

Post#9 » by HairyGOATee » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:44 pm

jpengland wrote:Porzingis is a near elite rim protector and should be playing C and anchoring.

Kleber is also a near elite defender and versatile enough to chase out to the perimeter too.

Throw in DFS and Wright as good to great defenders and we should be able to have a strong big and a strong perimeter guy on court for all 48 minutes.

Ideally we could do with one more versatile wing defender that allows other players to move up a position to match small ball teams.


I agree.

Who would you target as a versatile wing defender?
jpengland
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,222
And1: 4,366
Joined: Jan 22, 2014
   

Re: Who Is This Team's Defensive Anchor? 

Post#10 » by jpengland » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:13 pm

HairyGOATee wrote:
jpengland wrote:Porzingis is a near elite rim protector and should be playing C and anchoring.

Kleber is also a near elite defender and versatile enough to chase out to the perimeter too.

Throw in DFS and Wright as good to great defenders and we should be able to have a strong big and a strong perimeter guy on court for all 48 minutes.

Ideally we could do with one more versatile wing defender that allows other players to move up a position to match small ball teams.


I agree.

Who would you target as a versatile wing defender?


Iggy is the obvious target.

Tony Snell is someone I don't particularly like but kind of fits the bill.

I'd have an open roster spot and just keep swinging at guys out of the league with wingspan and defensive smarts. Try and unearth someone that sticks.
User avatar
dirkules_41
Veteran
Posts: 2,708
And1: 328
Joined: Mar 06, 2007
       

Re: Who Is This Team's Defensive Anchor? 

Post#11 » by dirkules_41 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:28 am

Wright and Maxi
bobsquad
Rookie
Posts: 1,168
And1: 209
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
     

Re: Who Is This Team's Defensive Anchor? 

Post#12 » by bobsquad » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:00 pm

I expect KP to be the "anchor" at the start and end of games. It's a role he'll have to buy into.

Maxi is the anchor for the bench unit.
HairyGOATee
Senior
Posts: 687
And1: 337
Joined: Jun 07, 2019
         

Re: Who Is This Team's Defensive Anchor? 

Post#13 » by HairyGOATee » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:21 am

dirkules_41 wrote:Wright and Maxi


Underrated pick with Wright.
HairyGOATee
Senior
Posts: 687
And1: 337
Joined: Jun 07, 2019
         

Re: Who Is This Team's Defensive Anchor? 

Post#14 » by HairyGOATee » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:22 am

jpengland wrote:
HairyGOATee wrote:
jpengland wrote:Porzingis is a near elite rim protector and should be playing C and anchoring.

Kleber is also a near elite defender and versatile enough to chase out to the perimeter too.

Throw in DFS and Wright as good to great defenders and we should be able to have a strong big and a strong perimeter guy on court for all 48 minutes.

Ideally we could do with one more versatile wing defender that allows other players to move up a position to match small ball teams.


I agree.

Who would you target as a versatile wing defender?


Iggy is the obvious target.

Tony Snell is someone I don't particularly like but kind of fits the bill.

I'd have an open roster spot and just keep swinging at guys out of the league with wingspan and defensive smarts. Try and unearth someone that sticks.


Lee for Iggy?
User avatar
dirkules_41
Veteran
Posts: 2,708
And1: 328
Joined: Mar 06, 2007
       

Re: Who Is This Team's Defensive Anchor? 

Post#15 » by dirkules_41 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:02 pm

HairyGOATee wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:Wright and Maxi


Underrated pick with Wright.

Looks like we brought him in to play solid minutes and he's by far our best backcourt defender so seemed a logical choice.

Return to Dallas Mavericks