ImageImageImage

Who Will Emerge As The Team's #3 Scoring Option This Season?

Moderators: Texas Chuck, Dirk, HMFFL

HairyGOATee
Senior
Posts: 687
And1: 337
Joined: Jun 07, 2019
         

Who Will Emerge As The Team's #3 Scoring Option This Season? 

Post#1 » by HairyGOATee » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:32 am

Who Will Emerge As The Team's #3 Scoring Option This Season?
Darren
RealGM
Posts: 11,202
And1: 459
Joined: Nov 06, 2003

Re: Who Will Emerge As The Team's #3 Scoring Option This Season? 

Post#2 » by Darren » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:07 am

Best roller / Best shooter playing off ball.

Powell or Curry
HairyGOATee
Senior
Posts: 687
And1: 337
Joined: Jun 07, 2019
         

Re: Who Will Emerge As The Team's #3 Scoring Option This Season? 

Post#3 » by HairyGOATee » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:52 am

Darren wrote:Best roller / Best shooter playing off ball.

Powell or Curry


Oh man, I hope Powell improves his 3 point shooting. Same with Kleber, Delon, and DFS.
dirkforpres
General Manager
Posts: 7,680
And1: 2,511
Joined: Sep 13, 2005
   

Re: Who Will Emerge As The Team's #3 Scoring Option This Season? 

Post#4 » by dirkforpres » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:28 am

Powell or Hardaway if their jumpshot actually works.

Otherwise it’ll be Curry for sure.
HairyGOATee
Senior
Posts: 687
And1: 337
Joined: Jun 07, 2019
         

Re: Who Will Emerge As The Team's #3 Scoring Option This Season? 

Post#5 » by HairyGOATee » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:24 am

dirkforpres wrote:Powell or Hardaway if their jumpshot actually works.

Otherwise it’ll be Curry for sure.


What about Delon?
Teffer10
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,651
And1: 375
Joined: Oct 06, 2006
     

Re: Who Will Emerge As The Team's #3 Scoring Option This Season? 

Post#6 » by Teffer10 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:48 pm

Curry, Wright or Brunson would be my guesses.

This could become a good or bad thing. If those 3 take their games to the next level we could become a very good team. If none of them step up we'll definitely be back in the lotto.

Wright is the key guy imo. Not so much just as a scorer, but the all around 3rd best player on the team.
We desperately need him to have his best year next year or we will struggle. We simply need him on the court a lot.
dirkforpres
General Manager
Posts: 7,680
And1: 2,511
Joined: Sep 13, 2005
   

Re: Who Will Emerge As The Team's #3 Scoring Option This Season? 

Post#7 » by dirkforpres » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:06 pm

HairyGOATee wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:Powell or Hardaway if their jumpshot actually works.

Otherwise it’ll be Curry for sure.


What about Delon?


Not likely IMO since he was never much of a scorer... He will be expected to be more of a defender and distributor than anything, I would assume
bobsquad
Rookie
Posts: 1,168
And1: 209
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
     

Re: Who Will Emerge As The Team's #3 Scoring Option This Season? 

Post#8 » by bobsquad » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:15 pm

No one will "emerge". Powell will be 3rd in PPG despite rarely going over 20. Curry will be a close 4th. Then THJ and Wright.
Heezzi
Senior
Posts: 634
And1: 202
Joined: Nov 19, 2008

Re: Who Will Emerge As The Team's #3 Scoring Option This Season? 

Post#9 » by Heezzi » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:02 am

Porginzis
daoneandonly
General Manager
Posts: 8,177
And1: 1,255
Joined: May 27, 2004
Location: Masalaland
 

Re: Who Will Emerge As The Team's #3 Scoring Option This Season? 

Post#10 » by daoneandonly » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:25 am

If Justin Jackson wins the starting SF job, it could possibly be him. I'm probably higher on him than most, but I think he can be a #3 scorer. That doesn't mean I think he's a #3 on a title team, far from it, but he can be our 3rd leading scorer.
SOUNDCHASER
Pro Prospect
Posts: 903
And1: 121
Joined: Feb 11, 2013

Re: Who Will Emerge As The Team's #3 Scoring Option This Season? 

Post#11 » by SOUNDCHASER » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:24 pm

it could be almost anyone
MrGoat
Ballboy
Posts: 6
And1: 1
Joined: Aug 14, 2019
 

Re: Who Will Emerge As The Team's #3 Scoring Option This Season? 

Post#12 » by MrGoat » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:15 am

Curry would be my heavy favorite because he's showed it before. I remember the way he was playing for us before he went down with that injury that kept him out of the next season. That injury cost him a lot of money. There's no doubt he can score, it's just a matter of how his body holds up
SOUNDCHASER
Pro Prospect
Posts: 903
And1: 121
Joined: Feb 11, 2013

Re: Who Will Emerge As The Team's #3 Scoring Option This Season? 

Post#13 » by SOUNDCHASER » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:14 pm

Curry is a favorite for sure. DeLon needs to figure out his shot first and Jackson showed lots of potential late last season. Boban even could develop into a top option if he can figure out how to stay on the court long enough by getting in better shape and defending the other teams best big.
User avatar
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 14,559
And1: 14,284
Joined: Sep 07, 2010

Re: Who Will Emerge As The Team's #3 Scoring Option This Season? 

Post#14 » by Clyde Frazier » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:31 pm

If curry could scale up to a 15 PPG scorer that'd be pretty valuable. THJ even when healthy is pretty inconsistent.
SOUNDCHASER
Pro Prospect
Posts: 903
And1: 121
Joined: Feb 11, 2013

Re: Who Will Emerge As The Team's #3 Scoring Option This Season? 

Post#15 » by SOUNDCHASER » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:02 am

I think the 3 additions Seth, Delon and Boban all could be three of our top scorers behind Luka and KP.

All 3 could reach double figs. If that happens who else has a chance to get into double figure scoring?

Jackson Powell Kleber and Brunson for sure are capable and I would add Barea to that discussion if he were healthy.

If coach tries to build up THJ for a trade he may rediscover his game and become decent.

if Ryan gets the respect that is befitting a 40% 3 point shooter then he could be a double figs guy as well.

I think we will have at least 6 or 7 guys in double figure scoring.
Teffer10
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,651
And1: 375
Joined: Oct 06, 2006
     

Re: Who Will Emerge As The Team's #3 Scoring Option This Season? 

Post#16 » by Teffer10 » Sun Sep 1, 2019 9:39 pm

SOUNDCHASER wrote:I think the 3 additions Seth, Delon and Boban all could be three of our top scorers behind Luka and KP.

All 3 could reach double figs. If that happens who else has a chance to get into double figure scoring?

Jackson Powell Kleber and Brunson for sure are capable and I would add Barea to that discussion if he were healthy.

If coach tries to build up THJ for a trade he may rediscover his game and become decent.

if Ryan gets the respect that is befitting a 40% 3 point shooter then he could be a double figs guy as well.

I think we will have at least 6 or 7 guys in double figure scoring.

I hope Rick gives Broek an opportunity to be something more than situational/insurance this season. A 29 yo very good 3pt shooter who is decent defensively and has a nose for the ball certainly should get a good look. He is a little scrappy and pretty athletic too.
He looked good when he had his opportunities but for some reason he didn't get many.
If DFS doesn't improve his shooting consistency, I'd like to see Broek get more of an opportunity.

I also have high hopes for Reaves, I think he could become a decent NBA player.
gh123
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,786
And1: 1,144
Joined: Feb 17, 2016
   

Re: Who Will Emerge As The Team's #3 Scoring Option This Season? 

Post#17 » by gh123 » Mon Sep 2, 2019 11:16 am

Is THJ coming off the bench? Is he starting along Wright?
Either KP or THJ.
"Luka won't translate to the NBA"
"Trae was the right pick"
Teffer10
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,651
And1: 375
Joined: Oct 06, 2006
     

Re: Who Will Emerge As The Team's #3 Scoring Option This Season? 

Post#18 » by Teffer10 » Mon Sep 2, 2019 2:31 pm

gh123 wrote:Is THJ coming off the bench? Is he starting along Wright?
Either KP or THJ.


I think the 5th starter will be between Seth and either DFS or Jackson.

Luka/Wright/Jackson/KP/Powell
Luka/Wright/DFS/KP/Powell
Luka/Seth/Wright/KP/Powell

I think one of those 3 lineups will be the primary starting lineup.
THJ, Brunson, Maxi, Boban and 2 of those other 3 (Seth, DFS, Jackson) will be a pretty strong bench, especially with JJB, Broek and Lee being 12th, 13th and 14th on the depth chart.

Look for Lee, Broek and either Jackson or DFS to be dealt or cut by mid-season.
gh123
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,786
And1: 1,144
Joined: Feb 17, 2016
   

Re: Who Will Emerge As The Team's #3 Scoring Option This Season? 

Post#19 » by gh123 » Mon Sep 2, 2019 2:37 pm

Teffer10 wrote:
gh123 wrote:Is THJ coming off the bench? Is he starting along Wright?
Either KP or THJ.


I think the 5th starter will be between Seth and either DFS or Jackson.

Luka/Wright/Jackson/KP/Powell
Luka/Wright/DFS/KP/Powell
Luka/Seth/Wright/KP/Powell

I think one of those 3 lineups will be the primary starting lineup.
THJ, Brunson, Maxi, Boban and 2 of those other 3 (Seth, DFS, Jackson) will be a pretty strong bench, especially with JJB, Broek and Lee being 12th, 13th and 14th on the depth chart.

Look for Lee, Broek and either Jackson or DFS to be dealt or cut by mid-season.


That is a good bench, but those starting units are terrible, we ain't fighting for the 8th spot with that, unless Luka gets really going, which is likely.
"Luka won't translate to the NBA"
"Trae was the right pick"
Teffer10
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,651
And1: 375
Joined: Oct 06, 2006
     

Re: Who Will Emerge As The Team's #3 Scoring Option This Season? 

Post#20 » by Teffer10 » Mon Sep 2, 2019 2:54 pm

gh123 wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:
gh123 wrote:Is THJ coming off the bench? Is he starting along Wright?
Either KP or THJ.


I think the 5th starter will be between Seth and either DFS or Jackson.

Luka/Wright/Jackson/KP/Powell
Luka/Wright/DFS/KP/Powell
Luka/Seth/Wright/KP/Powell

I think one of those 3 lineups will be the primary starting lineup.
THJ, Brunson, Maxi, Boban and 2 of those other 3 (Seth, DFS, Jackson) will be a pretty strong bench, especially with JJB, Broek and Lee being 12th, 13th and 14th on the depth chart.

Look for Lee, Broek and either Jackson or DFS to be dealt or cut by mid-season.


That is a good bench, but those starting units are terrible, we ain't fighting for the 8th spot with that, unless Luka gets really going, which is likely.


Yeah but it is the best we have.
We are Luka/KP and a bunch of decent role players. But then in 2011 we were Dirk and a bunch of decent role players so who knows.

Our season hinges on two things imo.
1. KP staying healthy.
2. One or two of those role players taking their games to much higher levels.

Seth, Brunson, Wright and/or Jackson probably have the best chances of vastly improving. Luka has the skills to make role players look like stars so we at least have that going for us.

I still think we need a little more strength and attitude on this roster.

Return to Dallas Mavericks