first preseason game no Luka or KP 

Post#1 » by SOUNDCHASER » Wed Oct 9, 2019 2:48 am

meh
2011Champs
General Manager
And1: 854

Re: first preseason game no Luka or KP 

Post#2 » by 2011Champs » Wed Oct 9, 2019 3:31 am

Mavs sure have a bunch of 12th men and G league caliber players on this team. It’s unfortunate that Mavs didn’t capitalize this off season on a few starting quality players as not to waste a year of Luka and Porzingis Mav’s career. This is a knee jerk reaction to a preseason game but I just didn’t see any players out there that I have confidence in going into the regular season. It just looked like a team of spares.
I hope I’m wrong but I just was not impressed at all with the roster.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#3 » by Archx » Wed Oct 9, 2019 9:54 am

2011Champs wrote:Mavs sure have a bunch of 12th men and G league caliber players on this team. It’s unfortunate that Mavs didn’t capitalize this off season on a few starting quality players as not to waste a year of Luka and Porzingis Mav’s career. This is a knee jerk reaction to a preseason game but I just didn’t see any players out there that I have confidence in going into the regular season. It just looked like a team of spares.
I hope I’m wrong but I just was not impressed at all with the roster.

You are probably not wrong but it was incredibly hard to pass any judgement how these players will perform once the real deal starts. Just having LD and KP in the lineup will probably entirely change the way they play. We will see soon against DET i guess :)

I mean at least on offense, Maxi, Jackson and Brunson were the most impressive ones, defense is going to be tricky. And i liked Josh Reaves way more than Roby.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,856

Post#4 » by dirkules_41 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:04 pm

Yeah without Luka and KP this is not an NBA roster. Now let's hope that with them they can all thrive off them and elevate their games.
wolfram
Junior
And1: 314

Post#5 » by wolfram » Wed Oct 9, 2019 8:45 pm

If this is the case, they will again be a bottom team in the west. I kind of don't believe luka and kp can drag this team to the playoffs. They are not consistent, durable enough (yet).

Return to Dallas Mavericks