ImageImageImage

RS 19/20 - G20 - Mavs @ Pels (Dec.3 730)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

photoshopped, yes or no

yes
30%
no
70%

Total votes: 10

Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 35,594

RS 19/20 - G20 - Mavs @ Pels (Dec.3 730) 

Post#1 » by Dirk » Mon Dec 2, 2019 5:22 pm

photoshopped, yes or no
Spoiler:
60/21/10
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man
And1: 540

Re: RS 19/20 - G20 - Mavs @ Pels (Dec.3 730) 

Post#2 » by DJ_3_Ball » Mon Dec 2, 2019 5:39 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man

Post#3 » by DJ_3_Ball » Mon Dec 2, 2019 5:54 pm

I want to be wrong about this. This game has the makings of a trap game to me.

I have relied heavily on New Orleans' bench players in my daily fantasy lineups the past 2-3 weeks, so I know just how banged up they've been.

They have a chance to be at full strength tomorrow night for one of the first times all season. Maybe Kenrich Williams sits out.

Brandon Ingram is that dude. I don't know who can stop him on the Mavs roster, if he gets it cooking. Maybe DFS, maybe Kleber???

Let's hope Favors doesn't get it going. Hopefully, he'll be rusty and/or on a minutes restriction (or even better not play lol). Because the Mavs don't have anyone who can stop him.

I think Delon Wright will be needed to stay with Jrue Holiday, who has stepped up BIG for the Pelicans the past few weeks.

This ain't gonna be an easy one. Pelicans only 3 games back of the 8th seed. They're not trying to throw the towel in. They're a feisty group.

All of that paranoia aside. This Mavs team has looked like they're on a mission these past 2 games. I think they'll give a good accounting of themselves tomorrow night. I actually look for KP to show up in this game. To the tune of 25 points 10+ boards and 3+ blks on efficient shooting. Outside of Kenrich Williams, they don't really have anyone on the roster who can give KP a difficult time. Brandon Ingram can bother him a little with his wingspan and agility, but he's not going to get up into KP & body him. Favors isn't going to guard him that far away from the basket, and Jaxson Hayes doesn't have the experience guarding bigs out on the perimeter like that.
Imon
Head Coach
And1: 6,262

Post#4 » by Imon » Mon Dec 2, 2019 6:14 pm

Mavs finally re-uploaded straight to the cup. Not sure why they took it down in the first place.
I hope they do more of these.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 35,594

Post#5 » by Dirk » Mon Dec 2, 2019 6:43 pm

DJ_3_Ball wrote:I
Brandon Ingram is that dude. I don't know who can stop him on the Mavs roster, if he gets it cooking. Maybe DFS, maybe Kleber???

I'll drop a hint, don't let him shoot 3s from a certain area... look...
Spoiler:

He was 3/3 from there in the 1st matchup vs Mavs earlier this year.

Let's ask BI's truther how he has been doing this year and how he can be stopped...
Duke4life831 wrote:[que.
60/21/10
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,314

Post#6 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Dec 2, 2019 7:04 pm

Dirk wrote:
DJ_3_Ball wrote:I want to be wrong about this. This game has the makings of a trap game to me.

I have relied heavily on New Orleans' bench players in my daily fantasy lineups the past 2-3 weeks, so I know just how banged up they've been.

They have a chance to be at full strength tomorrow night for one of the first times all season. Maybe Kenrich Williams sits out.

Let's hope Favors doesn't get it going. Hopefully, he'll be rusty and/or on a minutes restriction (or even better not play lol). Because the Mavs don't have anyone who can stop him.

I think Delon Wright will be needed to stay with Jrue Holiday, who has stepped up BIG for the Pelicans the past few weeks.

This ain't gonna be an easy one. Pelicans only 3 games back of the 8th seed. They're not trying to throw the towel in. They're a feisty group.

All of that paranoia aside. This Mavs team has looked like they're on a mission these past 2 games. I think they'll give a good accounting of themselves tomorrow night. I actually look for KP to show up in this game. To the tune of 25 points 10+ boards and 3+ blks on efficient shooting. Outside of Kenrich Williams, they don't really have anyone on the roster who can give KP a difficult time. Brandon Ingram can bother him a little with his wingspan and agility, but he's not going to get up into KP & body him. Favors isn't going to guard him that far away from the basket, and Jaxson Hayes doesn't have the experience guarding bigs out on the perimeter like that.

Let's ask BI's truther how he has been doing this year and how he can be stopped...
Duke4life831 wrote:[que.

I'll drop a hint, don't let him shoot 3s from a certain area... look...
Spoiler:

He was 3/3 from there in the 1st matchup vs Mavs earlier this year.

You rang?

In all honesty (not just saying this as a Duke homer)Ingram is going to find a way to get his 20-25 (has reached the 20 point mark every full game he has played this year) and most likely will do it pretty efficiently, and he will grab his 7-8 boards and dish out his 4 assists.

Favors will probably be a game time decision (injuries and dealing with the death of his mom), but even if he plays who cares? Dont get the Mavs dont have anyone who can stop him thing. He's literally had 2 good games this year. Yes one of those games were against you guys, but Ill chalk that up to just a coincidence. Favors is really not a guy to fear at all with this Pels team.

The question is will Jrue and JJ show up. If those two show up, then most likely the Pels will hang around for 3 quarters. But even if all 3 guys show up, the Pels have zero answer defensively. The bigs are a joke defensively with Okafor/Hayes/Meli. JJ is probably one of the worst defenders in the league at the moment. Lonzo's defense has taken a big step back this year, Ingram when engaged can be at best an average defender, but majority of the time he's not engaged.

Most likely thing that happens, Ingram gets his numbers, Jrue and JJ have solid games, the game is within 8 or so going into the 4th and you guys pull away in the 4th and get a pretty easy win. Pels have to be clicking 100% offensively just to make this a somewhat competitive game for 3 quarters. Their defense is just too bad.

Also just a side note with the Ingram shooting chart thing. In college it was the opposite wing that he was so great at 3 and horrible everywhere else. Doesn't mean anything at all now, just a random observation.
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by DJ_3_Ball » Mon Dec 2, 2019 7:20 pm

Favors ability impacts BI significantly. Ingram's touches go way up with Favors out of the lineup.

In fact, if I were New Orleans, I'd trade Favors. I'd want Ingram in that lead dog role. Of course, they have a problem. What about when Zion returns?

Duke4life831,
Duke4life831 wrote:

My dream is the Mavs can steal Ingram away from the Pelicans in the off-season. I know it's far-fetched since he's a RFA, but that's why I say a dream.

How do you think he fits in with the Mavs?

My contention is the Mavs are better served to improve their strength, offense, over trying to make incremental improvements to the defense. I think the Mavs will be true title contenders when Luka is averaging more like 25 & 15 than 30 & 10. I think the Mavs can rise to the lead title contender in the league, IF they find a player who can rival KP for 2nd best player on the team. I think Ingram does that. He'd be 1 & 1A with KP.

What do you think?

I also think, Ingram's length pairs well with KP. I don't see him as an average defender at best. I see him as an average defender as his norm. What are you seeing with his defense that I don't? I see him as a wing defender, not a post defender, even though he has the length to switch off on some bigs.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#8 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Dec 2, 2019 8:10 pm

DJ_3_Ball wrote:Favors ability impacts BI significantly. Ingram's touches go way up with Favors out of the lineup.

In fact, if I were New Orleans, I'd trade Favors. I'd want Ingram in that lead dog role. Of course, they have a problem. What about when Zion returns?

Duke4life831,
Duke4life831 wrote:

My dream is the Mavs can steal Ingram away from the Pelicans in the off-season. I know it's far-fetched since he's a RFA, but that's why I say a dream.

How do you think he fits in with the Mavs?

My contention is the Mavs are better served to improve their strength, offense, over trying to make incremental improvements to the defense. I think the Mavs will be true title contenders when Luka is averaging more like 25 & 15 than 30 & 10. I think the Mavs can rise to the lead title contender in the league, IF they find a player who can rival KP for 2nd best player on the team. I think Ingram does that. He'd be 1 & 1A with KP.

What do you think?

I also think, Ingram's length pairs well with KP. I don't see him as an average defender at best. I see him as an average defender as his norm. What are you seeing with his defense that I don't? I see him as a wing defender, not a post defender, even though he has the length to switch off on some bigs.

I don't have their on/off together. But just going by the 6 games they've played together with. Ingram's averages are 29/8/4 with damn good shooting %s. Favors isn't really a high USG guy for this team. His USG% is only 16% and only putting up 11 shots per 36. So when Favors is out on the court, its not like he is taking shots or touches away from Ingram at any higher rate than any of their other bigs

Okafor: 12 shots per 36, 20 USG%
Hayes: 10 shots per 36, 15 USG%
Meli: 11 shots per 36, 15 USG%

I honestly dont think Ingram is the best fit with the Mavs. I dont think Ingram has to be the #1 ball handler (hes not with the Pels), but he still needs to ball in his hands to be at his best. Ingram in my opinion is a great #2 ball handler. The issue is Luka is extremely ball dominant. He's #1 in time of possession, #1 in touches, and 8th in seconds per touch. Dont get me wrong, Im not saying this as a negative, the more Luka has the ball in his hands the better (obviously, just look at your guys offense). THJ is next up for you guys in time of possession (per possession) for starters at just 1.3 seconds.

So that really tells me that a true #2 ball handler playing alongside Luka isn't a big role. THJ/Curry are your only starters that average at least 1 dribble per touch. Ingram on the other hand has an average time of possession of 4 seconds, and takes about 2.6 dribbles per touch. So I just dont see Ingram's game fitting alongside of Luka all that well.
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man

Post#9 » by DJ_3_Ball » Mon Dec 2, 2019 8:21 pm

You able to look at any context? Or just the #s?

Not trying to be rude, but the very first thing that popped into my head when I read your post is, "Maybe Luka is that ball dominant right now because he has to be. Because there is no Ingram type on this team right now."

I'll look it up, but I'm confident Ingram's FGAs have gone up significantly without Favors active.
BlueSan
Sixth Man
And1: 828

Post#10 » by BlueSan » Mon Dec 2, 2019 8:40 pm

They have to win this one.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#11 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Dec 2, 2019 10:07 pm

DJ_3_Ball wrote:You able to look at any context? Or just the #s?

Not trying to be rude, but the very first thing that popped into my head when I read your post is, "Maybe Luka is that ball dominant right now because he has to be. Because there is no Ingram type on this team right now."

I'll look it up, but I'm confident Ingram's FGAs have gone up significantly without Favors active.

What context do you want? Why would you want to change anything with the way Luka runs an offense? A heavy Luka USG offense right now is leading to a ridiculously efficient offense. Right now Dallas offense is 2.5 points per 100 possessions better than any other team in the league. Why try to bring in a guy that will take touches from Luka? If anything you try to find guys that would maximize playing the system you guys currently have. Im a massive Ingram fan, but no way in hell would I want to lower Luka's touches and USG so Ingram can get his 19 shots a game the way that he gets them. That just makes 0 sense to me.

When it comes to the Favors thing for Ingram. Again I cant find their on court numbers, but when it comes to the 6 games they have played together. Ingram averaged 20.3 shots per game. In the games where Ingram played without Favors (not including the game he only played 13 minutes), Ingram averaged 19.5 shots per game. The games Ingram and Favors played together, Ingram averaged more shots per game, averaged more points and had better shooting %s, compared to the games that he played without Favors. Im not seeing the connection of Favors + Ingram means less shots and production for Ingram, when the numbers say the opposite.
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#12 » by Pinkyring » Tue Dec 3, 2019 12:03 am

Game threads openings are getting progressively worse, that said, its so great to watch a game and actually root for a win unlike the last three seasons where i just wanted to see competitive loses
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man

Post#13 » by DJ_3_Ball » Tue Dec 3, 2019 12:08 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
DJ_3_Ball wrote:You able to look at any context? Or just the #s?

What context do you want? Why would you want to change anything with the way Luka runs an offense? A heavy Luka USG offense right now is leading to a ridiculously efficient offense. Right now Dallas offense is 2.5 points per 100 possessions better than any other team in the league. Why try to bring in a guy that will take touches from Luka? If anything you try to find guys that would maximize playing the system you guys currently have. Im a massive Ingram fan, but no way in hell would I want to lower Luka's touches and USG so Ingram can get his 19 shots a game the way that he gets them. That just makes 0 sense to me.

When it comes to the Favors thing for Ingram. Again I cant find their on court numbers, but when it comes to the 6 games they have played together. Ingram averaged 20.3 shots per game. In the games where Ingram played without Favors (not including the game he only played 13 minutes), Ingram averaged 19.5 shots per game. The games Ingram and Favors played together, Ingram averaged more shots per game, averaged more points and had better shooting %s, compared to the games that he played without Favors. Im not seeing the connection of Favors + Ingram means less shots and production for Ingram, when the numbers say the opposite.

To answer your Luka question, for a couple of reasons. A) I don't want Luka to suffer the James Harden-like disappearances every time the playoffs roll around. Name a guy whose had a usage rate that high for 82 games during the regular season and didn't drop like a sack of potatoes when it counted, in late April, May and hopefully June. B) I watched the Mavs lose to the Knicks at home in an ugly 4th quarter. Luka doesn't always have it. He's not a literal God. When he isn't on, there is no one on the Mavs to take over, to step in. The bench has had 2 outstanding collective group efforts @ DEN and @ LAL, but there's nobody to call upon midway through the 4th quarter when the game is slipping away and Luka's shot isn't dropping and he's getting double & triple-teamed. The Mavs look very bad in those spots. And, that's a look into what the playoffs will look like for the Mavs. Nobody gives a **** if Harden drops 45 on them in the regular season. But, come a 7 game series, every opponent HOU has faced has said, "Ok. We're taking Harden away. You have somebody else that can beat us?" C) Ingram won't get 19 FGA with Dallas. He'll get 12-15, maybe some games he'll get 20+ when called upon, maybe sometimes he'll need to step back and be happy with 8 FGA and find other ways to contribute.

I think Ingram is that type of player. I don't think he's the #1 guy on a championship contender. I could be wrong. But, I think he's a terrific #2/#3 guy who is versatile, and a guy who can play well off the ball with Luka creating easy shots for him, or a guy you can give the ball to & he'll create a quality shot on his own. I don't see Ingram making the Mavs offense less efficient at all. Currently that responsibility goes to THJ & Dwight Powell. LOL!

If you throw out, the Nov 2nd game where Ingram was injured and played just 13 minutes, and the Nov 4th game where Favors played only 8 minutes, then Ingram averages 19.6 FGA in games with Favors active, and Ingram has averaged 20.0 FGA in the games without Favors active.

Obviously, that's not a significant difference at all, but to be honest, the Pelicans' injury report reads like the martial assets claim sheet of an ex-wife in divorce court. It's long painful.

It's kind of hard to pin point exactly the impact on the others. But, let's put it this way. Favors best game of the young season, game with Ingram out of the lineup. It's at least reasonable to think they siphon FGA away from each other.

That said, I'll be changing my daily fantasy lineup approach after giving this a closer look. :lol:

Edit: The context thing by the way. I'll highlight my point. Put Michael Jordan on the Mavericks and tell me all of Luka's metrics are the same. I was asking you to deal in the hypothesis. Not quote the current stat sheet. If Ingram were on the Mavericks, how would those stats look to you?
Imon
Head Coach
And1: 6,262

Post#14 » by Imon » Tue Dec 3, 2019 1:11 am

Mavs fans need to petition Cubes to get Dirk to attend every Mavs game.
Dirk or Hardaway Sr. - they can take turns attending Mavs games. 8-)
Read on Twitter
Speadge
Junior
And1: 294

Post#15 » by Speadge » Tue Dec 3, 2019 2:44 pm

Imon wrote:Mavs fans need to petition Cubes to get Dirk to attend every Mavs game.
Dirk or Hardaway Sr. - they can take turns attending Mavs games. 8-)
Read on Twitter

Hehe, second half of video with Boban patiently waiting in the background...
Seems like our golden boy got personal bodyguard :P
XTraderXL
Sixth Man
And1: 1,342

Post#16 » by XTraderXL » Tue Dec 3, 2019 7:18 pm

This will be a similar game to the PHX game and a relatively easy win for the Mavs. Luka will come out more aggressive, he was disappointed with his first half against the LAL where he looked like he got out of bed 5 min before the game after coming home from a nightclub at 9am. And when he is aggressive, the Mavs simply dont lose games against teams like NOP, especially now when the whole team is rolling.

It will be a fun game, Dallas +12.
Archx
General Manager
And1: 7,764

Post#17 » by Archx » Tue Dec 3, 2019 7:19 pm

Pinkyring wrote:Game threads openings are getting progressively worse, that said, its so great to watch a game and actually root for a win unlike the last three seasons where i just wanted to see competitive loses

Then why are you not just enjoying games, like you said? Why are you constantly trying to look up for stupid trades and anger everyone in the process?

Maybe you are not aware but, without those two NYK blunders and refs gifting the win to the LAL, Mavs would realistically be sitting at a 16-3 score. This would mean 3rd best ranking in the league. This roster has proven that they can go up against anyone, even LAC when Doncic is obviously not missing everything :lol: . So yeah, lets just enjoy their games and lets see where they will be when the trade deadline starts closing in.
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man

Post#18 » by DJ_3_Ball » Tue Dec 3, 2019 7:54 pm

Archx wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:Game threads openings are getting progressively worse, that said, its so great to watch a game and actually root for a win unlike the last three seasons where i just wanted to see competitive loses

Then why are you not just enjoying games, like you said? Why are you constantly trying to look up for stupid trades and anger everyone in the process?

Maybe you are not aware but, without those two NYK blunders and refs gifting the win to the LAL, Mavs would realistically be sitting at a 16-3 score. This would mean 3rd best ranking in the league. This roster has proven that they can go up against anyone, even LAC when Doncic is obviously not missing everything :lol: . So yeah, lets just enjoy their games and lets see where they will be when the trade deadline starts closing in.

It's a little rich to act like the Mavs were just "that close" to a win in the Clippers' game. The only thing was Luka's shots weren't falling. Clippers took their foot off the gas with 3 minutes to go. Mavs got a wake up call that night.

I also think the Mavs are a tier below the top teams in the league. They're ranked 8th in the ESPN Power Index. That's about right. They haven't played a difficult schedule. They're a one-man band right now.

I'm all about the Mavs, and I do think Luka's time is right now & that makes the Mavs a force to be reckoned with right now. But, you can't simply gloss over the fact they're missing a 3rd best player. Nor, the fact Porzingis still needs to round into form.
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#19 » by Pinkyring » Tue Dec 3, 2019 8:08 pm

DJ_3_Ball wrote:
Archx wrote:

It's a little rich to act like the Mavs were just "that close" to a win in the Clippers' game. The only thing was Luka's shots weren't falling. Clippers took their foot off the gas with 3 minutes to go. Mavs got a wake up call that night.

I also think the Mavs are a tier below the top teams in the league. They're ranked 8th in the ESPN Power Index. That's about right. They haven't played a difficult schedule. They're a one-man band right now.

I'm all about the Mavs, and I do think Luka's time is right now & that makes the Mavs a force to be reckoned with right now. But, you can't simply gloss over the fact they're missing a 3rd best player. Nor, the fact Porzingis still needs to round into form.

Pretty much this, i will always look for trades to improve the team and nobody is untradeable, everyone has a price even luka. As stated, some of the best players in NBA history have been moved, some was circumstance but there's a price for everyone. Even contending teams should be always looking to upgrade their roster, we don't have a 3rd guy hell we dont even have a number 2 right now, kp can become that but thus far he hasn't been so anything to improve this roster should be considered
Archx
General Manager
And1: 7,764

Post#20 » by Archx » Tue Dec 3, 2019 8:10 pm

DJ_3_Ball wrote:
Archx wrote:

That's why i said they can play with anyone, i didn't say they are the very top team :o And for now, we should just enjoy for what they are. We'll see what happens at the trade deadline.

Return to Dallas Mavericks