ImageImageImage

RS 19/20 - G20 - Mavs @ Pels (Dec.3 730)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

photoshopped, yes or no

yes
30%
no
70%

Total votes: 10

DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man
And1: 540

Re: RS 19/20 - G20 - Mavs @ Pels (Dec.3 730) 

Post#161 » by DJ_3_Ball » Wed Dec 4, 2019 6:37 pm

agentofatlas wrote:Dude you're all over the place. WTF are you even saying? What does starting Delon do anyway other than weaken the bench? He does nothing for the starters.

I answered that in my post. Did you read the entire post?

Here's what I'd like to know. How does making Delon a starter relegate Luka to "just a spot up shooter"???

I think you have some explaining to do there. That was a bad take.

Also, it's not like the reigns of the bench have been turned over to Delon. The bench has been all over the place too.

Edit: Also, if you're genuinely confused by what I'm saying, and not just trying to discount it. I'll highlight my point.

THE STATUS QUO IS NOT OKAY.

DFS + THJ + Powell = 6th seed or lower, 1st or 2nd round exit in the playoffs.

Now, maybe that's going to happen, anyways. And at the start of the season, I would of said "Hoo-ray!!"

But, things have changed. Luka isn't a borderline All Star. He's a borderline MVP (who is still growing).

I do NOT like DFS + THJ in the starting lineup. I hate it. HATE it!

Is that clear enough? I'm not trying to be rude. I just don't know how else to say it.

And your reasons for keeping Delon Wright on the bench. Who by the way. If the Mavs cut all 3 players today. DFS, THJ, and Delon Wright. 1000-1 Delon Wright is the first player signed by another team. No doubt in my mind.

It makes no sense to keep him on the bench. Limit his touches. Limit his minutes. Stall his development. It does NOT make sense.

You haven't given one good reason why. In fact, you've painted this picture like Delon is the captain of the 2nd unit. B.S. Carlisle has given this rotation more jerks than a massage therapist at an Asian Massage Parlor on a busy Friday night. Seriously, how can you say, with a straight face, that Delon has been given a clearly defined role? It's just not true.

I want the 3rd most talented guy on this roster to get the development, playing time, and touches he deserves. Why is that difficult to understand? Like what am I failing to communicate? I don't get it. Again, not trying to be rude or sarcastic. I just don't understand what I'm failing to communicate.

This team does not have a 3rd scorer. a 3rd best player. That'll be a HUGE problem come playoff time. It'd be nice to see the Mavs get a little proactive with that and develop Delon NOW.

Not to mention, even if the Mavs trade for Iggy or they add a 3rd scorer by the trade deadline. You get into the playoffs and you NEED 8 guys you can depend on. Toronto was the perfect example of that last season.

Bottom line: I don't like the way Carlisle is jerking around this rotation. Pick a lineup and roll with it. Get guys a defined role and let's go.

I guess THJ, DFS, and Powell is his lineup. Ok. I hate THJ. I wish he played 0 minutes for this team. He's literally no better than Courtney Lee imo. So, I'm going to protest that a lot. Especially when it keeps minutes & playing time away from Delon. But, if he'll at least just stick to that lineup, then I'll start to pipe down a bit.

Carlisle is like a dang female. Changing his mind every other minute.
agentofatlas
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Post#162 » by agentofatlas » Wed Dec 4, 2019 6:43 pm

DJ_3_Ball wrote:
agentofatlas wrote:Dude you're all over the place. WTF are you even saying? What does starting Delon do anyway other than weaken the bench? He does nothing for the starters.

Here's what I'd like to know. How does making Delon a starter relegate Luka to "just a spot up shooter"???

Also, it's not like the reigns of the bench have been turned over to Delon. The bench has been all over the place too.

I think you misunderstood what I said cause Luka won't be relegated to a spot up shooter, Delon is the one who will adjust. Delon will be the one who will be relegated to be a spot up shooter. Why? Cause Luka is better than Delon at everything he is good at which is playmaking and driving. Luka won't sacrifice ****. Just watch the games where they overlap mins.

If you want to optimize Delon, it's best he continue going off the bench with another playmaker.
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man
And1: 540

Post#163 » by DJ_3_Ball » Wed Dec 4, 2019 6:56 pm

agentofatlas wrote:
DJ_3_Ball wrote:

I think you misunderstood what I said cause Luka won't be relegated to a spot up shooter, Delon is the one who will adjust. Delon will be the one who will be relegated to be a spot up shooter. Why? Cause Luka is better than Delon at everything he is good at which is playmaking and driving. Luka won't sacrifice ****. Just watch the games where they overlap mins.

If you want to optimize Delon, it's best he continue going off the bench with another playmaker.

Okay. That makes sense.

And I agree. In part.

I'd rather Delon be a winning part of the 1st unit. Than have him be the star of the 2nd unit.

Because again, Carlisle has not given Delon a defined role with the 2nd unit, yet.

I can see what you're saying, though. I wouldn't hate it if he was given that role. Somebody has to lead the troops when Luka goes to the bench. So, it's a valid point.

I'd still like to see Delon on the court with Luka, even if it does stifle his creativity significantly. Because those 5-7 possessions where Delon gives Luka a reliable option to pass out of a double/triple team, those are back breakers for the defense. The threat of him being able to do that (provided he improves) it also keeps the defense from swarming Luka. It gives Luka a boost.

If I'm the opposing coach, I triple team Doncic all day. I dare THJ to beat me chucking up 3s. Even if he hits 7 in the first half, he'll go cold in the 2nd. I'd bet the game on it. If I can get THJ chucking up 15 treys in a game, hell that's a win right there.

Sure. Let Powell, let DFS get the ball. Hell, right now, getting the ball to KP is a win for the defense.

Honestly, teams should be tripling Luka wayyyyyyy more than they have. Delon is a counter measure to that.

And, you can bet teams will adjust. It's coming.

Return to Dallas Mavericks