Total votes: 12

DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man
And1: 540

Re: Predict Mavs Wins 

Post#21 » by DJ_3_Ball » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:23 pm

Archx wrote:
DJ_3_Ball wrote:
BlueSan wrote:I will be absolutely shocked if this team has over 50 wins record by the end of a season. Absolutely shocked

Why would you be shocked?

We're currently on pace for 52 wins.

Seriously, my prediction of 54-56 wins is not "extreme" or a radical concept, by any stretch of the imagination. It's simply doing a slight bit better than expectation.

Because this team is made out of one superstar, a broken star and a bunch of role players (although some are really good). But that also means a ton of inconsistencies which we've already experienced. So expecting them to win over 50 games is really generous. If KP can play for the rest of the season and no additional injuries happen, then yeah maybe they'll get there but i don't see it. Obviously would be awesome to end in the top4.

When we're currently on pace for 52 wins (we've played 41 games this season, and we're 26-15. It's the exact half-way point of the season numerically speaking. So 26 wins x 2 = 52 wins). I just don't see how it's outlandish to predict over 50 wins when we've already seen half a season from this team and that's exactly what they're on pace to do.

Seems uber pessimistic if you ask me. Like you gotta be the type of person who goes to a job interview and thinks "No chance. They'll never hire me". Like why think that way?
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,979

Post#22 » by Archx » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:14 pm

DJ_3_Ball wrote:
Archx wrote:
DJ_3_Ball wrote:
Why would you be shocked?

We're currently on pace for 52 wins.

Seriously, my prediction of 54-56 wins is not "extreme" or a radical concept, by any stretch of the imagination. It's simply doing a slight bit better than expectation.

Because this team is made out of one superstar, a broken star and a bunch of role players (although some are really good). But that also means a ton of inconsistencies which we've already experienced. So expecting them to win over 50 games is really generous. If KP can play for the rest of the season and no additional injuries happen, then yeah maybe they'll get there but i don't see it. Obviously would be awesome to end in the top4.

When we're currently on pace for 52 wins (we've played 41 games this season, and we're 26-15. It's the exact half-way point of the season numerically speaking. So 26 wins x 2 = 52 wins). I just don't see how it's outlandish to predict over 50 wins when we've already seen half a season from this team and that's exactly what they're on pace to do.

Seems uber pessimistic if you ask me. Like you gotta be the type of person who goes to a job interview and thinks "No chance. They'll never hire me". Like why think that way?

Lol you took it really dark. But those are your words not mine. :D And i used a word "generous" not "outlandish". Also i even said i hope they get over 50 wins because a top4 spot would be an awesome achievement for this team.

But my point is, there is a lot of stuff that has to go right in order for them to get there.

Oh, i even voted they'll end up in 48 - 50 range.
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man

Post#23 » by DJ_3_Ball » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:20 pm

Archx wrote:... And i used a word "generous" not "outlandish"...

Now we're talking semantics. Essentially, you were saying it would require something extra(ordinary) for the Mavs to finish with more than 50 wins.

But, here's what I don't understand. This team is on pace for 52 wins. Bill Parcells is famous for saying you are what your record says you are. This Mavs team is a 52 win team according to their 1st half record.

So, what don't you believe about what you saw in the 1st half? Because right now the only thing I have to go on for your opinion is pessimism... because that's the only thing that makes sense.
BlueSan
Sixth Man
And1: 828

Post#24 » by BlueSan » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:17 pm

I explained why this is so

Do you expect NO to be easier to play against?
Do you expect Portland to be easier to play?
San Antonio?
Utah?
Memphis?
Sacramento?
Phoenix?
OKC?

I think you get me. The start of this season favored the Mavs, with recent injuries to the team and improvements of other teams that is not the case anymore so overall even if they are on the same level as they were I expect worse results
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man

Post#25 » by DJ_3_Ball » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:52 am

BlueSan wrote:I explained why this is so

San Antonio?
Utah?
Memphis?
Sacramento?
Phoenix?
OKC?

I think you get me. The start of this season favored the Mavs, with recent injuries to the team and improvements of other teams that is not the case anymore so overall even if they are on the same level as they were I expect worse results

Phoenix played better earlier in the season, they were 8-9 when the faced the Mavs the first time. Now, they're 17-24, which means they've been 9-15 since, clearly worse.

That's a perfect example of seeing monsters that aren't there.

Sacramento. I'm suppose to S my pants over them? We just saw the Mavs roll into Sacramento on the 2nd night of a back-to-back, without KP, and pretty much give the Kings work. Yeah, it was a close game at the end... close-ish. At no time did it ever feel like the Kings were going to win that game. They'd have to all be healthy at the same time first.

Portland is trash. We're about to see that first hand tonight. I mean we play them twice here in the same week. Jurkic isn't back for either game. They haven't traded for anybody. Until they get Jurkic back and/or add a piece. Nope. I'm sure not. Not worried about Portland.

OKC, who's going to be left after the trade deadline??? I don't think anybody, including Sam Presti, can answer that one.

New Orleans - You don't just walk into a monster club because you added a highly touted rookie. and even if they are gangbusters, we play 1 game with them. A home game. I'll try not to lose sleep. I mean come'on.

Memphis - they're a nice store, something like 10-5 over their last 15. They're still a sub .500 team who just happened to roll their the easiest part of their schedule. Did you watch the Mavs play them in Memphis earlier this year? A 16 point win in a game that wasn't that close. Luka didn't even play the 4th quarter. They're gonna have to show me before I get worried.

San Antonio - I mean, we did beat them at home the day after Christmas. They're no dog, but they're no expected loss either. We play them 2 more times both times @ SAS. We probably split those 2 games, but even if we don't. Ok so we go 0-2 vs one of the few remaining good teams that we play after the All Star break. We'll live.

Now, Utah... that's another story. They might come out of the Western Conference. A big IF... but they're a legit problem. That's why me & J_T said we're looking forward to the game @ UTH a week from Sunday. It should be a good test. Hopefully we have KP back for that one.

Try to believe bro. Keep the faith. This is a long season. There's no reason to hide in a corner, fearful of the boogeyman just because we had a bump in the road. Let's wait & see. Because, yes the struggles are real. The bump in the road is something. It's not nothing... BUT, the schedule does get easier from here on out. It just does.
BlueSan
Sixth Man

Post#26 » by BlueSan » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:48 am

DJ_3_Ball wrote:
BlueSan wrote:I explained why this is so

San Antonio?
Utah?
Memphis?
Sacramento?
Phoenix?
OKC?

Phoenix played better earlier in the season, they were 8-9 when the faced the Mavs the first time. Now, they're 17-24, which means they've been 9-15 since, clearly worse.

That's a perfect example of seeing monsters that aren't there.

Sacramento. I'm suppose to S my pants over them? We just saw the Mavs roll into Sacramento on the 2nd night of a back-to-back, without KP, and pretty much give the Kings work. Yeah, it was a close game at the end... close-ish. At no time did it ever feel like the Kings were going to win that game. They'd have to all be healthy at the same time first.

Portland is trash. We're about to see that first hand tonight. I mean we play them twice here in the same week. Jurkic isn't back for either game. They haven't traded for anybody. Until they get Jurkic back and/or add a piece. Nope. I'm sure not. Not worried about Portland.

OKC, who's going to be left after the trade deadline??? I don't think anybody, including Sam Presti, can answer that one.

New Orleans - You don't just walk into a monster club because you added a highly touted rookie. and even if they are gangbusters, we play 1 game with them. A home game. I'll try not to lose sleep. I mean come'on.

Memphis - they're a nice store, something like 10-5 over their last 15. They're still a sub .500 team who just happened to roll their the easiest part of their schedule. Did you watch the Mavs play them in Memphis earlier this year? A 16 point win in a game that wasn't that close. Luka didn't even play the 4th quarter. They're gonna have to show me before I get worried.

San Antonio - I mean, we did beat them at home the day after Christmas. They're no dog, but they're no expected loss either. We play them 2 more times both times @ SAS. We probably split those 2 games, but even if we don't. Ok so we go 0-2 vs one of the few remaining good teams that we play after the All Star break. We'll live.

Now, Utah... that's another story. They might come out of the Western Conference. A big IF... but they're a legit problem. That's why me & J_T said we're looking forward to the game @ UTH a week from Sunday. It should be a good test. Hopefully we have KP back for that one.

Try to believe bro. Keep the faith. This is a long season. There's no reason to hide in a corner, fearful of the boogeyman just because we had a bump in the road. Let's wait & see. Because, yes the struggles are real. The bump in the road is something. It's not nothing... BUT, the schedule does get easier from here on out. It just does.

No I am just seeing Phoenix with Ayton and Dallas without Porzingis and I do a quick math that this is kind of a worse situation than in the first game, also remember Baynes got injured a bit before Dallas game and he was on fire till that point. So anyway we will see and in the end of the season let us have a talk
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man

Post#27 » by DJ_3_Ball » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:48 am

What about the idea the Mavs could win games in the 2H of the season simply by being a deeper team than most of the rest of the league & it being a long season?

This game up on the broadcast tonight. I don't know how much truth there is to it because I think the Mavs' bench is a bit overstated by the team & local fan base, and we just lost Dwight Powell. Still, the Mavs bench unit is a strength, and there's lots of guys on this roster who could stand to get more minutes.
BlueSan
Sixth Man

Post#28 » by BlueSan » Mon Mar 9, 2020 5:30 am

Lets revive this thread, I had a look at the remaining schedule and my initial prediction.

I think tough times are coming and Maybe I would correct my prediction to 46 wins but not more than that. Out of the remaining 17 Games I dont see Dallas winning more than 8

Return to Dallas Mavericks