ImageImageImage

Will there be a trade?

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Will Mavs make a trade before next deadline?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:12 pm

Yes, and I'm going to love it.
50%
Yes, and I'm going to hate it.
No votes
No, because they are incompetent.
No votes
No, because there was no good trade available.
50%

Total votes: 8

J_T
Veteran
And1: 1,843

Re: Will there be a trade? 

Post#41 » by J_T » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:58 pm

Even NHL doesn't have enforcers anymore. The sports has become soft. The sanctions for physical altercations are too harsh in my opinion.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#42 » by arkuo » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:14 pm

Just a thought.

But can Carlisle just announce the Powell injury as an Achilles Tendon soreness and that he will be listed day to day for 82 games?

He was so secretive with KP's knee soreness anyway.
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#43 » by fuller4379 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:31 pm

DJ_3_Ball wrote:
LukaMagic wrote:Anybody that thinks trading for Bobby Portis would be a good idea? Dallas needs someone physical, that is also a lil bit crazy..

After Chriss got away with that shove on Luka, my immediate thought was "We NEED an enforcer!"

But, it doesn't have to be a guy like Portis. Actually, I think the best guy in the league for that is Jared Dudley. That dude always wants the smoke! LOL

I don't need a talented player. I don't need the biggest, strongest guy. I just need a guy who is willing to go out there & end someone's career, if need be. What I mean is, I need that thought to be in the minds of the opponent. Like, the moment Luka hits that cameraman, I want someone like Dudley popping up from the bench without Carlisle even having to motion to him...

And I want a guy like Chriss, who takes a dirty shot like that, to be **** actual bricks as that Dudley type checks into the game. Knowing that a response is coming.

You cannot have your franchise player get thrown around like that & let it go unanswered.

Ideally, you'd just send Boban in for that duty, but the dude is a huge teddy bear. He doesn't have it in him to put a man down.

We could always bring back Salah Mejri. He is good for six fouls in six minutes.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,008

Post#44 » by HMFFL » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:46 pm

The Mavericks are continuously cited by league sources as a potential landing spot for Grizzlies wing Andre Iguodala, who could help them this season as a secondary ball handler without compromising their future cap space. The Mavs have also made offers to the Timberwolves for Robert Covington, but those have been declined, according to multiple league sources. Covington won’t make many plays off the dribble, but he’d be an upgrade over Dorian Finney-Smith as a 3-and-D wing. It remains to be seen whether Dallas has the ammo to complete a trade, but it’s clear that the team is looking to bolster its postseason odds.

40 mins ago – via Kevin O'Connor @ The Ringer

Top Rumors, Trade, Andre Iguodala, Dorian Finney-Smith, Robert Covington, Dallas Mavericks, Memphis Grizzlies, Minnesota Timberwolves

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Post#45 » by HairyGOATee » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:45 am

At the very least, they should try to get Tony Snell or Dion Waiters or someone that has a 2nd year left on their deal. That way they have another sizable expiring next season, as opposed to just using Lee's expiring for themselves, which doesn't really accomplish much since they're over the cap but under the tax.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,858

Post#46 » by dirkules_41 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:29 am

The poll in this is very black and white btw. I don't love or hate the WCS trade for example. I think it's a solid move with upside but I can't say I love it or hate it.

Return to Dallas Mavericks